ISO image and student upgrade license.

Vault Boy

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
I once did a fresh install of an Home Premium ISO image on an Asus G series laptop by using an ISO image and the Windows license tied to the computer. I am wondering if the same thing could work with an Ultimate 64 bit ISO image and a student upgrade license of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit if I wish to have a fresh install of Ultimate.

Vault Boy

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012

Even if the license isn't tied to an OEM copy?

Vault Boy

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012

After hitting up the googles, I came across the below link.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/can-i-reuse-windows-7-professional-key/42ce75df-ceae-4f9f-acb9-e232b52a2576

Hi

The Windows 7 Product Key (License) is perpetual, it never expires. You can reuse the key as many times as you wish, as long as the operating system is only installed on one computer at a time.

The Student version of Windows 7 is the Retail, Upgrade version. You will need to perform the installation the same way you did when you originally installed it.

The product key that you used to activate the first installation is kept on the Activation Servers at Microsoft. After you reinstall, you may need to perform a manual activation, which means that you may need to use the telephone option when you activate. Here are the instructions for a manual activation.

1. From the desktop, press the Windows Logo Key+R. This will bring up the Run dialog box.

2. In the Open: box, type slui 4 and press OK. This will start the manual activation wizard.

3. Select your Country in the drop down menu and click Next.

4. The wizard will display a Toll Free phone number. Leave the wizard open on the computer and call that phone number.

You will be given some recorded options. Select the option to talk to a live representative.

The representative will manually activate that system for you.

Let us know if you have any more problems

Wouldn't the same rule apply to the ultimate edition?

If you haven't installed it on another PC without removing it, then you should be able to use it.

However, Micro$oft has been known to change the rules on-the-fly so, Try it. It'll either work or it won't.

Good Luck!