Stylus RMX (should be called Stylus WTF!)

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
February 23, 2005 9:30:32 PM

I'm at home trying to compose some music. I got a Digi02 rig w/
Powerbook G4 (1GHz speed / maxed out at 2Gb RAM).

I've recently bought some softsynth stuff (I'm new to this area of the
world). I'm trying to load Stylus RMX as an RTAS plug-in and every time
it loads, ProTools promptly crashes!

This is with no other plug-ins active at all. I have only opened two
tracks: the midi-control track and the stereo audio track.

At work I use Digital Performer 4.5 and jeez, it seems like a MUCH
better program than ProTools. I am getting frustrated w/ ProTools these
days, but decided not to sell the Digi02, 'cause you never know when
you're going to need easy access to Protools software.

Any idea why this might be happening?!?

HELP!

--- Chad
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 7:38:09 AM

I found this on the DUC:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB16...

Basically says to make sure your software is up to date and to adjust
your hardware buffer. Not a big help but worth a try.

I'm just getting started with PT and am seeing the check your hardware
buffer size error message far too many times for my liking.

-H

chad@beautypill.com wrote:
> I'm at home trying to compose some music. I got a Digi02 rig w/
> Powerbook G4 (1GHz speed / maxed out at 2Gb RAM).
>
> I've recently bought some softsynth stuff (I'm new to this area of the
> world). I'm trying to load Stylus RMX as an RTAS plug-in and every time
> it loads, ProTools promptly crashes!
>
> This is with no other plug-ins active at all. I have only opened two
> tracks: the midi-control track and the stereo audio track.
>
> At work I use Digital Performer 4.5 and jeez, it seems like a MUCH
> better program than ProTools. I am getting frustrated w/ ProTools these
> days, but decided not to sell the Digi02, 'cause you never know when
> you're going to need easy access to Protools software.
>
> Any idea why this might be happening?!?
>
> HELP!
>
> --- Chad

Anonymous
February 24, 2005 11:10:12 AM

<chad@beautypill.com> schreef in bericht
> I'm at home trying to compose some music. I got a Digi02 rig w/
> Powerbook G4 (1GHz speed / maxed out at 2Gb RAM).
>
> I've recently bought some softsynth stuff (I'm new to this area of the
> world). I'm trying to load Stylus RMX as an RTAS plug-in and every time
> it loads, ProTools promptly crashes!
>
> Any idea why this might be happening?!?
>
> HELP!
>
> --- Chad

Eric 'Spectrum' and Glenn Olander are frequently present to answer
questions.
You have to register and log-in as in most forums these days.

Henk
!