joystick compatibility

Karen

regarding microsoft side winder precision pro joystick.
can anyone tell me if this joystick is compatible with
windows xp? it says compatible with window 98. if it
is compatible, do you know where i can go to get drivers
for windows xp to operate it?

I am using the Sidewinder with my Win XP to play Combat Flight Simulator and
it works fine!
Glenda

Hi Karen,

"karen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:157a01c49df4$4b2e19b0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
| regarding microsoft side winder precision pro joystick.
| can anyone tell me if this joystick is compatible with
| windows xp? it says compatible with window 98. if it
| is compatible, do you know where i can go to get drivers
| for windows xp to operate it?

Yes, it is, and the drivers are included with Windows XP.

Here are instructions for both the USB and the Gameport models:

While USB devices just plug and play, GamePort devices need work:

To install a GamePort controller, Plug it in, click Start / Control Panel /
Switch to Classic view if you haven't already / click Game Controllers
Click Add... / Select Microsoft Sidewinder Auto Detect / OK / OK.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms