Which phone has the best reception AND has a data cable av..

Last response: in Network Providers
September 17, 2004 12:45:55 PM

Hello everyone, I am in the market for a new phone. And realizing that new
accessories tend to have to catch up with the phones produced. Has anyone
already gone through the delimna of finding the best 3g phone (as far as
reception
goes) that you can also find a data cable for.

Thanks

please feel free to email me.
darnellbarber@yahoo.com
September 17, 2004 12:54:23 PM

Sanyo makes some excellent phones that get great reception.

I have the SCP-500 (aka VM4500) and the reception is great with some
great features on the phone (ready link, spekerphone, camer).

I have had the Sanyo 4900 which also had fantastic recption and I
assume that the 4920 (the one that replaced the 4900) would also have
great reception.

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 08:45:55 -0400, "Darnell Barber"
<darnellbarber@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hello everyone, I am in the market for a new phone. And realizing that new
>accessories tend to have to catch up with the phones produced. Has anyone
>already gone through the delimna of finding the best 3g phone (as far as
>reception
>goes) that you can also find a data cable for.
>
>Thanks
>
>please feel free to email me.
>darnellbarber@yahoo.com

Anonymous
September 17, 2004 5:40:39 PM

I found that changing providers solved my problems with Sprint service and their phones.

"Darnell Barber" <darnellbarber@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:WY-dnf3N0KTiQdfcRVn-hA@adelphia.com...
> Hello everyone, I am in the market for a new phone. And realizing that new
> accessories tend to have to catch up with the phones produced. Has anyone
> already gone through the delimna of finding the best 3g phone (as far as
> reception
> goes) that you can also find a data cable for.
>
> Thanks
>
> please feel free to email me.
> darnellbarber@yahoo.com

September 17, 2004 5:40:40 PM

gnf wrote:

> I found that changing providers solved my problems with Sprint service and their phones.

That's nice, but it doesn't answer the question. Have any more useless answers
for us?

September 17, 2004 5:44:49 PM

"Darnell Barber" <darnellbarber@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone, I am in the market for a new phone. And realizing that
new
> accessories tend to have to catch up with the phones produced. Has
anyone
> already gone through the delimna of finding the best 3g phone (as far as
> reception
> goes) that you can also find a data cable for.
>
> Thanks

Sanyos have always received high praise here, and from what I understand,
all use the same type connector on their new phones. IOW, you can use the
same USB cable for models going back to the 5300 to the newest models with
no problems.

Bob
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 5:44:50 PM

Thanks, that's the exact info I was seeking.

Darnell

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> "Darnell Barber" <darnellbarber@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hello everyone, I am in the market for a new phone. And realizing that
> new
> > accessories tend to have to catch up with the phones produced. Has
> anyone
> > already gone through the delimna of finding the best 3g phone (as far as
> > reception
> > goes) that you can also find a data cable for.
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Sanyos have always received high praise here, and from what I understand,
> all use the same type connector on their new phones. IOW, you can use the
> same USB cable for models going back to the 5300 to the newest models with
> no problems.
>
> Bob

Anonymous
September 17, 2004 8:46:16 PM

> Thanks, that's the exact info I was seeking.
>
> Darnell
>
> "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Darnell Barber" <darnellbarber@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello everyone, I am in the market for a new phone. And realizing
that
> > new
> > > accessories tend to have to catch up with the phones produced. Has
> > anyone
> > > already gone through the delimna of finding the best 3g phone (as far
as
> > > reception
> > > goes) that you can also find a data cable for.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> >
> > Sanyos have always received high praise here, and from what I
understand,
> > all use the same type connector on their new phones. IOW, you can use
the
> > same USB cable for models going back to the 5300 to the newest models
with
> > no problems.
> >
> > Bob

I can add a 'second ' on the SANYO line, at least the 5300s'.
I have (4) on my plan.
Great phone, great data services. Great USB cable connection.
But in the spirit of completeness, some people/reviews say the 'transfer
rate' leaves something to be desired. But I understand later Sanyos have
improved on that!
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 10:39:20 PM

Steve Sobol wrote:

> gnf wrote:
>
> > I found that changing providers solved my problems with Sprint service and their phones.
>
> That's nice, but it doesn't answer the question. Have any more useless answers
> for us?
>
> --
> JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
> Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
> PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
> Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.

probably NOT!
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 1:48:59 AM

The Sanyos have definitely been the best in my experience (having had
a 4500, 4700, 4900, and now 4920). I've had the 4920 for about 2
weeks, used the data cable with the phone on 2 train trips, and it's
worked great. The digital roaming is great too. Definitely recommend
the 4920.

Steve

Scott <Refused@Refused.com> wrote in message news:<n02mk0t9polash9m8n8lof4419rprosfu2@4ax.com>...
> Sanyo makes some excellent phones that get great reception.
>
> I have the SCP-500 (aka VM4500) and the reception is great with some
> great features on the phone (ready link, spekerphone, camer).
>
> I have had the Sanyo 4900 which also had fantastic recption and I
> assume that the 4920 (the one that replaced the 4900) would also have
> great reception.
>
> On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 08:45:55 -0400, "Darnell Barber"
> <darnellbarber@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello everyone, I am in the market for a new phone. And realizing that new
> >accessories tend to have to catch up with the phones produced. Has anyone
> >already gone through the delimna of finding the best 3g phone (as far as
> >reception
> >goes) that you can also find a data cable for.
September 18, 2004 3:10:37 AM

I Third the nomination for SCP5300. I had the phone but had to move on to
an integrated solution, the Treo 600. This combination also has good
performance (even with a one-bar signal strength). I also agree that the
transfer rate leaves much to be desired.

Is the transfer rate dependent upon the phone or the Sprint data service?
It seems to have dropped with this type of phone connectivity as the
popularity has grown.

"Scott" <Refused@Refused.com> wrote in message

> Sanyo makes some excellent phones that get great reception.
>
> I have the SCP-500 (aka VM4500) and the reception is great with some
> great features on the phone (ready link, spekerphone, camer).
>
> I have had the Sanyo 4900 which also had fantastic recption and I
> assume that the 4920 (the one that replaced the 4900) would also have
> great reception.
>

> On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 08:45:55 -0400, "Darnell Barber"
> <darnellbarber@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello everyone, I am in the market for a new phone. And realizing that
new
> >accessories tend to have to catch up with the phones produced. Has
anyone
> >already gone through the delimna of finding the best 3g phone (as far as
> >reception
> >goes) that you can also find a data cable for.
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >please feel free to email me.
> >darnellbarber@yahoo.com

Anonymous
September 18, 2004 9:08:16 PM

"Cosmo" <email@noone.com> wrote in message
> I Third the nomination for SCP5300. I had the phone but had to move on to
> an integrated solution, the Treo 600. This combination also has good
> performance (even with a one-bar signal strength). I also agree that the
> transfer rate leaves much to be desired.
>
> Is the transfer rate dependent upon the phone or the Sprint data service?
> It seems to have dropped with this type of phone connectivity as the
> popularity has grown.

As an account owner with (4) 5300's !, who thinks they are GREAT! and
wouldn't knock them at all, with two caveats,
1) Make sure your hardware refresh level is current(1.038SP) or newer(if
there is such)
2) However, independent/'fair' analysis has shown the 'data transfer' rate
slower that other phone in it's class including later Sanyos..
Do I really notice it ? not really ...
Would a 'purist'. or techie, or one who wants to always have 'leading
edge'? You bet!!

One other 'quirk' with the 5300 (design flaw?)
It has an 'ok' voice dialing' system.. However, if you insert a 'headet' say
for driving, where if would really be handy, The system disables voice
dialing!!
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 9:41:03 PM

"Joe Gill" <joegill@removethis@prodigy.net> wrote in message

<snipped>

> One other 'quirk' with the 5300 (design flaw?)
> It has an 'ok' voice dialing' system.. However, if you insert a 'headet'
say
> for driving, where if would really be handy, The system disables voice
> dialing!!

Joe, you need to get a different hands free device. I use a Jabra with my
5300, and I can voice dial all day long ...

Bob
Anonymous
September 20, 2004 10:37:07 PM

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 08:45:55 -0400, "Darnell Barber"
<darnellbarber@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hello everyone, I am in the market for a new phone. And realizing that new
>accessories tend to have to catch up with the phones produced. Has anyone
>already gone through the delimna of finding the best 3g phone (as far as
>reception
>goes) that you can also find a data cable for.
>
>Thanks
>
>please feel free to email me.
>darnellbarber@yahoo.com

Have a Sanyo 8200/7300/4900 and have no trouble with reception. It's
nice that all 3 can use the same charger/data cable too.
abuse@exodus.net
ipaddressadmin@exodus.net
gc-noc@gblx.net
abuse@gblx.net