sony vaio...tascam us122

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
February 24, 2005 5:30:00 PM

Hey everyone, i was hoping someone can help me. I have a sony vaio
7800rpm 512ram and im running cubase sx2 through a tascam us122. While
i am recording i am getting a pop or glitch (randomly when recording)
and i can also hear poping during playback which is also random. This
is the problem in a nutshell. How do i get rid of the pop? When i do
a mixdown in cubase and burn a song to CD the pop is no longer there.
Has anyone else had this problem, i am running out of options and any
suggestions would be a huge help, later guys.

More about : sony vaio tascam us122

Anonymous
February 24, 2005 11:30:50 PM

In article <1109284200.339204.150060@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com> jimi003@gmail.com writes:

> running cubase sx2 through a tascam us122. While
> i am recording i am getting a pop or glitch (randomly when recording)
> and i can also hear poping during playback which is also random. This
> is the problem in a nutshell. How do i get rid of the pop? When i do
> a mixdown in cubase and burn a song to CD the pop is no longer there.

That's a good sign. It indicates that the pop isn't recorded, it's
only in the playback path. Do you also get pops if you play a CD or an
audio file through the USB-122?

After experiencing pops with my laptop that went away when I
disconnected the network cable (this was with Firewire - it worked
find with a US-122) I suppose I should ask the obvious question.

There are all sorts of tweaks to make computers work better. Do you
get the pops even when you're playing only two tracks, or does it get
worse when playing more tracks?

Have you tried calling TASCAM tech support? And do you have the latest
drivers (for everything)?