Does Bitpim work with Samsung A660? suggestions

Last response: in Network Providers
a b Ô Samsung
September 18, 2004 8:55:03 PM

Trying to help my daughter with a contact manager
(phone numbers only) for the
Samsung SPH A660.
Does Radioshack have the correct cable?
Does Bitpim work with this phone?
Any suggestions for other software to use with this phone
Thanks
Bob
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
September 18, 2004 9:04:44 PM

Raz wrote:

> Trying to help my daughter with a contact manager
> (phone numbers only) for the
> Samsung SPH A660.
> Does Radioshack have the correct cable?
> Does Bitpim work with this phone?
> Any suggestions for other software to use with this phone
> Thanks
> Bob

No one ever listens to me :)

I posted either yesterday or Friday that Susteen Datapilot does have a Samsung
version that they claim to be compatible with the A660/VI660. The package with
usb cable AND software was available at the Montclair, CA CompUSA for $49.95
and is probably available at their other stores, or you can find it online.

I own a 660 and was looking for such a beast myself. Haven't bought it yet.

a b Ô Samsung
September 19, 2004 2:33:48 AM

"Raz" <razmatazu@email.com> wrote in message
> Trying to help my daughter with a contact manager
> (phone numbers only) for the
> Samsung SPH A660.
> Does Radioshack have the correct cable?

They should as I believe they carry cables for all current cell models sold.
If they don't, you can check RPI Wireless @
http://www.rpiwireless.com/store/product.php?productid=...

> Does Bitpim work with this phone?

It doesn't appear that BitPim supports the 660 yet. You can check out the
details on Data Pilot by Susteen. http://susteen.com/phones_sprint.htm . It
looks like from that site, you can buy both the cable and software for $60.

Bob
October 10, 2008 10:00:41 PM

Yes the SPH-A660 (a.k.a. the VI660 when sold by Sprint) does work with BitPim. It is a bit basic when you use the built-in features of BitPim, but it gets the job done.

Contact management (phone book) is easier when done through the DataPilot software by Susteen, because it can read data right out of Outlook 2003, for example.

You can also do a bit more hacking (such as unlocking the "shareware" version of Bejeweled) on the phone by following advise on these websites:

http://www.jeffnikki.com/howto/a660/.

Only available as a Google Cache: http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:TyiBLPvrVG0J:membe...
!