Mac App to auto-region soundfiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

With Spark, there is an auto-region option when recording new audio
that has a user-defined "gate" which controls creation of new regions.
However, there is no tool in Spark, so far as I can tell, to do this
with existing soundfiles.

Are there any Mac apps, preferably OSX, that will split a soundfile
into regions based on user-defined prefereances?

Thanks!

tuffghost wrote:

> With Spark, there is an auto-region option when recording new audio
> that has a user-defined "gate" which controls creation of new regions.
> However, there is no tool in Spark, so far as I can tell, to do this
> with existing soundfiles.

> Are there any Mac apps, preferably OSX, that will split a soundfile
> into regions based on user-defined prefereances?

is your friend. If you don't get an answer here, pop your question into
the DAW-Mac list.

--
ha

tuffghost wrote:
> With Spark, there is an auto-region option when recording new audio
> that has a user-defined "gate" which controls creation of new regions.
> However, there is no tool in Spark, so far as I can tell, to do this
> with existing soundfiles.
>
> Are there any Mac apps, preferably OSX, that will split a soundfile
> into regions based on user-defined prefereances?
>
> Thanks!

BIAS Peak has this feature.

Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing its idiot.
"tuffghost" <bniesz@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
> With Spark, there is an auto-region option when recording new audio
> that has a user-defined "gate" which controls creation of new regions.
> However, there is no tool in Spark, so far as I can tell, to do this
> with existing soundfiles.
>
> Are there any Mac apps, preferably OSX, that will split a soundfile
> into regions based on user-defined prefereances?
>
> Thanks!

Digital Performer will do this.