EA sports games won't run

We have some 2003 EA sports games (MVP Baseball etc) that have played
fine on our other PCs but won't play on our Dell XPS T5000. I can't
figure out why. Everything else works fine on this system (all the
computers are running WinXP), but the EA games won't launch. You double
click and after some hemming and hawing it just crashes to the desktop.
I'm pretty sure there's plenty of memory.

Anybody have any idea what's going on? Thanks for any help.
1 answer Last reply
More about sports games
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    <akstd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > We have some 2003 EA sports games (MVP Baseball etc) that have played
    > fine on our other PCs but won't play on our Dell XPS T5000. I can't
    > figure out why. Everything else works fine on this system (all the
    > computers are running WinXP), but the EA games won't launch. You double
    > click and after some hemming and hawing it just crashes to the desktop.
    > I'm pretty sure there's plenty of memory.
    >
    > Anybody have any idea what's going on? Thanks for any help.

    I don't know, but it sounds like a video problem. Try updating the video
    drivers and make sure the latest direct x is installed. Also, try fiddling
    with Windows' resolution and refresh rates.

    You might also be looking at a problem with the opening videos. Make sure
    you have the latest Windows' Media Player. Check the readme files and
    trouble-shooting FAQ to see what you must have.

    Alanb

PC gaming Dell Studio Xps Games Video Games