MVP baseball 2005 lost serial

Here is the situation....I built a new machine.....I still have mvp
installed on my old machine.....but I lost my jewel case with the
serial...I have my discs though....I know I can send ea $10 to get a
new serial....but I figure that since I have it already installed on a
different machine that there may be some way to locate the serial so I
can reinstall....or better yet copy the game and the registry info
over. Any help would be much appreciated.

I would prefer to do a full install.....and I also have a bootleg that
I can use to install everything....I could technically just need to use
the file used for the serial and overwrite the one that the bootleg
creates. Just a thought...but I am lost in what file to overwrite or
where to locate it on the retail version I have on my old machine

Thanks in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about baseball 2005 lost serial
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Come on man, it can't be that hard to find a serial number. Geesh, if you
    wanted to build a bomb, that info is at your finger tips. How hard could it
    be to find a serial number for a video game Mr. Dickman?

    <joshua_dickman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Here is the situation....I built a new machine.....I still have mvp
    > installed on my old machine.....but I lost my jewel case with the
    > serial...I have my discs though....I know I can send ea $10 to get a
    > new serial....but I figure that since I have it already installed on a
    > different machine that there may be some way to locate the serial so I
    > can reinstall....or better yet copy the game and the registry info
    > over. Any help would be much appreciated.
    >
    > I would prefer to do a full install.....and I also have a bootleg that
    > I can use to install everything....I could technically just need to use
    > the file used for the serial and overwrite the one that the bootleg
    > creates. Just a thought...but I am lost in what file to overwrite or
    > where to locate it on the retail version I have on my old machine
    >

    > Thanks in advance.

  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Sorry,
    Even if your story is true no one here will believe you. Beeter off doing a
    search for one. There are not very many people around here anymore anyways.
    Jamie
    <joshua_dickman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Here is the situation....I built a new machine.....I still have mvp
    > installed on my old machine.....but I lost my jewel case with the
    > serial...I have my discs though....I know I can send ea $10 to get a
    > new serial....but I figure that since I have it already installed on a
    > different machine that there may be some way to locate the serial so I
    > can reinstall....or better yet copy the game and the registry info
    > over. Any help would be much appreciated.
    >
    > I would prefer to do a full install.....and I also have a bootleg that
    > I can use to install everything....I could technically just need to use
    > the file used for the serial and overwrite the one that the bootleg
    > creates. Just a thought...but I am lost in what file to overwrite or
    > where to locate it on the retail version I have on my old machine
    >

    > Thanks in advance.

PC gaming Games Video Games