Best Baseball Game?

Last response: in Video Games
June 27, 2005 8:57:55 PM

Okay, so when I upgraded my computer system, Triple Play '02 no longer
worked... so, I decided to finally upgrade my baseball games too!

I purchases MVP Baseball 2005. And I will admit that the game is
great fun.

However, there is no option to play out a full season. I can play
randome games between two teams, or I can mangage a franchise over a
period of YEARS. But I just want to play the '04 season for the
Brewers, for example.

So, my question is, what's the best baseball game out there that
allows you to play out a season?

More about : baseball game

June 27, 2005 8:57:56 PM

you can play out a season on MVP '05. I think it's called "Dynasty" mode.

:)

--
Jamie

Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know
whether you did it or not.
....O.W.

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good,
you'll have to ram them down people's throats
....Howard Aiken
"Ryan P." <rpaque@delete.this.part.wi.rr.com> wrote in message

> Okay, so when I upgraded my computer system, Triple Play '02 no longer
> worked... so, I decided to finally upgrade my baseball games too!
>
> I purchases MVP Baseball 2005. And I will admit that the game is great
> fun.
>
> However, there is no option to play out a full season. I can play
> randome games between two teams, or I can mangage a franchise over a
> period of YEARS. But I just want to play the '04 season for the Brewers,
> for example.
>
> So, my question is, what's the best baseball game out there that allows
> you to play out a season?
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 11:40:19 PM

Jamie wrote:

> you can play out a season on MVP '05. I think it's called "Dynasty" mode.

Maybe I'll have to play with that... I got the impression that Dynasty
mode was more manager-orientated than game player orientated... at least
the manual says "manage a team over 30 seasons."

I will investigate further. Thanks. :)

Would you consider MVP '05 top quality, or is there another out there
you think I should ook at?
Related resources
June 27, 2005 11:40:20 PM

"Ryan P." <rpaque@delete.this.part.wi.rr.com> wrote in message
news:D CYve.6211$H41.5761@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> Jamie wrote:
>
>> you can play out a season on MVP '05. I think it's called "Dynasty"
>> mode.
>
> Maybe I'll have to play with that... I got the impression that Dynasty
> mode was more manager-orientated than game player orientated... at least
> the manual says "manage a team over 30 seasons."
>
> I will investigate further. Thanks. :)
>
> Would you consider MVP '05 top quality, or is there another out there you
> think I should ook at?

There aren't any other arcade style baseball game for pc. Oh how I miss
high heat....
June 28, 2005 1:36:32 AM

Yeap Alai is right...this is IT for baseball for the PC. I do miss High
Heat as well. That game was pretty good <aside from the graphics>. There's
supposed to be more baseball titles for the PC next year. We will see about
that.

--

"Alai" <iamhere@overthere.net> wrote in message
> "Ryan P." <rpaque@delete.this.part.wi.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:D CYve.6211$H41.5761@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com...
>> Jamie wrote:
>>
>>> you can play out a season on MVP '05. I think it's called "Dynasty"
>>> mode.
>>
>> Maybe I'll have to play with that... I got the impression that Dynasty
>> mode was more manager-orientated than game player orientated... at least
>> the manual says "manage a team over 30 seasons."
>>
>> I will investigate further. Thanks. :)
>>
>> Would you consider MVP '05 top quality, or is there another out there
>> you think I should ook at?
>
> There aren't any other arcade style baseball game for pc. Oh how I miss
> high heat....

June 28, 2005 1:37:47 AM

You can play all your team's Major league games, as well as AAA, AA, and A
games on dynasty mode.

--
Jamie

Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know
whether you did it or not.
....O.W.

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good,
you'll have to ram them down people's throats
....Howard Aiken
"Ryan P." <rpaque@delete.this.part.wi.rr.com> wrote in message
news:D CYve.6211$H41.5761@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> Jamie wrote:
>
>> you can play out a season on MVP '05. I think it's called "Dynasty"
>> mode.
>
> Maybe I'll have to play with that... I got the impression that Dynasty
> mode was more manager-orientated than game player orientated... at least
> the manual says "manage a team over 30 seasons."
>
> I will investigate further. Thanks. :)
>
> Would you consider MVP '05 top quality, or is there another out there you
> think I should ook at?
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 3:19:22 AM

Hi Jamie,

I noticed you're a regular poster here in this group who helps out MVP
Baseball gamers when they have a question. Maybe you can help me, too.
Do you have MVP Baseball 2005? If so, could you send me and/or post the
player stat profiles for Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis? I own MVP
2003 and I want to create them on it and I would like to be as accurate
and up-to-date as possible. I posted a separate post where I suggested
this would be a better option for keeping people's MVP copies
up-to-date instead of having to fork over lots of cash every year for
the latest copy with just a couple new features. Thanks.
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 6:32:51 PM

Jamie wrote:

> You can play all your team's Major league games, as well as AAA, AA, and A
> games on dynasty mode.

Yeah, I figured that out. But I'm more into just playing the game
than having to be a General Manager. While very detailed, I don't have
any real interest in doing my own scouting, worrying about salary caps,
prospecting the minors, etc etc.

Just give me a pool of players I can draft, give me coaching control
to tell guys to steal, and I'm happy. :)
June 28, 2005 6:32:52 PM

> Jamie wrote:
>
>> You can play all your team's Major league games, as well as AAA, AA, and
>> A games on dynasty mode.
>>

> Yeah, I figured that out. But I'm more into just playing the game than
> having to be a General Manager. While very detailed, I don't have any
> real interest in doing my own scouting, worrying about salary caps,
> prospecting the minors, etc etc.
>
> Just give me a pool of players I can draft, give me coaching control to
> tell guys to steal, and I'm happy. :)

That's how I played dynasty mode in this game. There are those options you
can control, but you can just ignore all that and just play everyday games.
It'll still work just fine.
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 9:59:06 PM

Alai wrote:

>> Just give me a pool of players I can draft, give me coaching control to
>>tell guys to steal, and I'm happy. :)
>

> That's how I played dynasty mode in this game. There are those options you
> can control, but you can just ignore all that and just play everyday games.
> It'll still work just fine.

Hmm... that doesn't sound so bad then. I'll have to play that way then.
June 30, 2005 7:04:32 AM

I will get you the figures for Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis on
MVP2005.

I'll do it tomorrow. its 3am now. =0)

<guaromiami@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi Jamie,
>
> I noticed you're a regular poster here in this group who helps out MVP
> Baseball gamers when they have a question. Maybe you can help me, too.
> Do you have MVP Baseball 2005? If so, could you send me and/or post the
> player stat profiles for Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis? I own MVP
> 2003 and I want to create them on it and I would like to be as accurate
> and up-to-date as possible. I posted a separate post where I suggested
> this would be a better option for keeping people's MVP copies
> up-to-date instead of having to fork over lots of cash every year for
> the latest copy with just a couple new features. Thanks.

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 10:47:55 PM

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:36:17 -0700, "Alai" <iamhere@overthere.net>
wrote:

>"Ryan P." <rpaque@delete.this.part.wi.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Jamie wrote:
>>
>>> You can play all your team's Major league games, as well as AAA, AA, and
>>> A games on dynasty mode.
>>>

>> Yeah, I figured that out. But I'm more into just playing the game than
>> having to be a General Manager. While very detailed, I don't have any
>> real interest in doing my own scouting, worrying about salary caps,
>> prospecting the minors, etc etc.
>>
>> Just give me a pool of players I can draft, give me coaching control to
>> tell guys to steal, and I'm happy. :)
>
>That's how I played dynasty mode in this game. There are those options you
>can control, but you can just ignore all that and just play everyday games.
>It'll still work just fine.

I just started playing Dynasty mode, and I think you have to watch the
Team Chemistry because it affects the players performance. Not sure
where I read that, the documentation for this game is so poor (typical
EA manual).

Anyway, I too wish there was just a straight Season mode, with some
mini-Season options thrown in.
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 12:48:10 AM

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 18:47:55 -0700, Tim Hall <fakeaddress@fake.net>
wrote:

>On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:36:17 -0700, "Alai" <iamhere@overthere.net>
>wrote:
>
>>"Ryan P." <rpaque@delete.this.part.wi.rr.com> wrote in message

>>> Yeah, I figured that out. But I'm more into just playing the game than
>>> having to be a General Manager. While very detailed, I don't have any
>>> real interest in doing my own scouting, worrying about salary caps,
>>> prospecting the minors, etc etc.
>>>
>>> Just give me a pool of players I can draft, give me coaching control to
>>> tell guys to steal, and I'm happy. :)
>>
>>That's how I played dynasty mode in this game. There are those options you
>>can control, but you can just ignore all that and just play everyday games.
>>It'll still work just fine.
>>

>I just started playing Dynasty mode, and I think you have to watch the
>Team Chemistry because it affects the players performance. Not sure
>where I read that, the documentation for this game is so poor (typical
>EA manual).
>
>Anyway, I too wish there was just a straight Season mode, with some
>mini-Season options thrown in.

The Team Chemistry and many other options can be turned off if you go
in to something League Options or League Setup... You can turn off
chemistry, salaries, etc.

Ankit
July 8, 2005 3:18:06 PM

did you ever get what you were looking for?

--

!