Best Baseball Game?

Okay, so when I upgraded my computer system, Triple Play '02 no longer
worked... so, I decided to finally upgrade my baseball games too!

I purchases MVP Baseball 2005. And I will admit that the game is
great fun.

However, there is no option to play out a full season. I can play
randome games between two teams, or I can mangage a franchise over a
period of YEARS. But I just want to play the '04 season for the
Brewers, for example.

So, my question is, what's the best baseball game out there that
allows you to play out a season?
13 answers Last reply
More about best baseball game
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    you can play out a season on MVP '05. I think it's called "Dynasty" mode.

    :)

    --
    Jamie

    Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know
    whether you did it or not.
    ....O.W.

    Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good,
    you'll have to ram them down people's throats
    ....Howard Aiken
    "Ryan P." <rpaque@delete.this.part.wi.rr.com> wrote in message

    > Okay, so when I upgraded my computer system, Triple Play '02 no longer
    > worked... so, I decided to finally upgrade my baseball games too!
    >
    > I purchases MVP Baseball 2005. And I will admit that the game is great
    > fun.
    >
    > However, there is no option to play out a full season. I can play
    > randome games between two teams, or I can mangage a franchise over a
    > period of YEARS. But I just want to play the '04 season for the Brewers,
    > for example.
    >
    > So, my question is, what's the best baseball game out there that allows
    > you to play out a season?
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Jamie wrote:

    > you can play out a season on MVP '05. I think it's called "Dynasty" mode.

    Maybe I'll have to play with that... I got the impression that Dynasty
    mode was more manager-orientated than game player orientated... at least
    the manual says "manage a team over 30 seasons."

    I will investigate further. Thanks. :)

    Would you consider MVP '05 top quality, or is there another out there
    you think I should ook at?
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    > Jamie wrote:
    >
    >> you can play out a season on MVP '05. I think it's called "Dynasty"
    >> mode.
    >
    > Maybe I'll have to play with that... I got the impression that Dynasty
    > mode was more manager-orientated than game player orientated... at least
    > the manual says "manage a team over 30 seasons."
    >
    > I will investigate further. Thanks. :)
    >
    > Would you consider MVP '05 top quality, or is there another out there you
    > think I should ook at?

    There aren't any other arcade style baseball game for pc. Oh how I miss
    high heat....
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Yeap Alai is right...this is IT for baseball for the PC. I do miss High
    Heat as well. That game was pretty good <aside from the graphics>. There's
    supposed to be more baseball titles for the PC next year. We will see about
    that.

    --

    "Alai" <iamhere@overthere.net> wrote in message
    > "Ryan P." <rpaque@delete.this.part.wi.rr.com> wrote in message
    >> Jamie wrote:
    >>
    >>> you can play out a season on MVP '05. I think it's called "Dynasty"
    >>> mode.
    >>
    >> Maybe I'll have to play with that... I got the impression that Dynasty
    >> mode was more manager-orientated than game player orientated... at least
    >> the manual says "manage a team over 30 seasons."
    >>
    >> I will investigate further. Thanks. :)
    >>
    >> Would you consider MVP '05 top quality, or is there another out there
    >> you think I should ook at?
    >
    > There aren't any other arcade style baseball game for pc. Oh how I miss
    > high heat....

  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    You can play all your team's Major league games, as well as AAA, AA, and A
    games on dynasty mode.

    --
    Jamie

    Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know
    whether you did it or not.
    ....O.W.

    Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good,
    you'll have to ram them down people's throats
    ....Howard Aiken
    "Ryan P." <rpaque@delete.this.part.wi.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Jamie wrote:
    >
    >> you can play out a season on MVP '05. I think it's called "Dynasty"
    >> mode.
    >
    > Maybe I'll have to play with that... I got the impression that Dynasty
    > mode was more manager-orientated than game player orientated... at least
    > the manual says "manage a team over 30 seasons."
    >
    > I will investigate further. Thanks. :)
    >
    > Would you consider MVP '05 top quality, or is there another out there you
    > think I should ook at?
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Hi Jamie,

    I noticed you're a regular poster here in this group who helps out MVP
    Baseball gamers when they have a question. Maybe you can help me, too.
    Do you have MVP Baseball 2005? If so, could you send me and/or post the
    player stat profiles for Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis? I own MVP
    2003 and I want to create them on it and I would like to be as accurate
    and up-to-date as possible. I posted a separate post where I suggested
    this would be a better option for keeping people's MVP copies
    up-to-date instead of having to fork over lots of cash every year for
    the latest copy with just a couple new features. Thanks.
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Jamie wrote:

    > You can play all your team's Major league games, as well as AAA, AA, and A
    > games on dynasty mode.

    Yeah, I figured that out. But I'm more into just playing the game
    than having to be a General Manager. While very detailed, I don't have
    any real interest in doing my own scouting, worrying about salary caps,
    prospecting the minors, etc etc.

    Just give me a pool of players I can draft, give me coaching control
    to tell guys to steal, and I'm happy. :)
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    > Jamie wrote:
    >
    >> You can play all your team's Major league games, as well as AAA, AA, and
    >> A games on dynasty mode.
    >>

    > Yeah, I figured that out. But I'm more into just playing the game than
    > having to be a General Manager. While very detailed, I don't have any
    > real interest in doing my own scouting, worrying about salary caps,
    > prospecting the minors, etc etc.
    >
    > Just give me a pool of players I can draft, give me coaching control to
    > tell guys to steal, and I'm happy. :)

    That's how I played dynasty mode in this game. There are those options you
    can control, but you can just ignore all that and just play everyday games.
    It'll still work just fine.
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Alai wrote:

    >> Just give me a pool of players I can draft, give me coaching control to
    >>tell guys to steal, and I'm happy. :)
    >

    > That's how I played dynasty mode in this game. There are those options you
    > can control, but you can just ignore all that and just play everyday games.
    > It'll still work just fine.

    Hmm... that doesn't sound so bad then. I'll have to play that way then.
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    I will get you the figures for Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis on
    MVP2005.

    I'll do it tomorrow. its 3am now. =0)

    <guaromiami@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Jamie,
    >
    > I noticed you're a regular poster here in this group who helps out MVP
    > Baseball gamers when they have a question. Maybe you can help me, too.
    > Do you have MVP Baseball 2005? If so, could you send me and/or post the
    > player stat profiles for Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis? I own MVP
    > 2003 and I want to create them on it and I would like to be as accurate
    > and up-to-date as possible. I posted a separate post where I suggested
    > this would be a better option for keeping people's MVP copies
    > up-to-date instead of having to fork over lots of cash every year for
    > the latest copy with just a couple new features. Thanks.

  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:36:17 -0700, "Alai" <iamhere@overthere.net>
    wrote:

    >"Ryan P." <rpaque@delete.this.part.wi.rr.com> wrote in message
    >> Jamie wrote:
    >>
    >>> You can play all your team's Major league games, as well as AAA, AA, and
    >>> A games on dynasty mode.
    >>>

    >> Yeah, I figured that out. But I'm more into just playing the game than
    >> having to be a General Manager. While very detailed, I don't have any
    >> real interest in doing my own scouting, worrying about salary caps,
    >> prospecting the minors, etc etc.
    >>
    >> Just give me a pool of players I can draft, give me coaching control to
    >> tell guys to steal, and I'm happy. :)
    >
    >That's how I played dynasty mode in this game. There are those options you
    >can control, but you can just ignore all that and just play everyday games.
    >It'll still work just fine.

    I just started playing Dynasty mode, and I think you have to watch the
    Team Chemistry because it affects the players performance. Not sure
    where I read that, the documentation for this game is so poor (typical
    EA manual).

    Anyway, I too wish there was just a straight Season mode, with some
    mini-Season options thrown in.
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 18:47:55 -0700, Tim Hall <fakeaddress@fake.net>
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:36:17 -0700, "Alai" <iamhere@overthere.net>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>"Ryan P." <rpaque@delete.this.part.wi.rr.com> wrote in message

    >>> Yeah, I figured that out. But I'm more into just playing the game than
    >>> having to be a General Manager. While very detailed, I don't have any
    >>> real interest in doing my own scouting, worrying about salary caps,
    >>> prospecting the minors, etc etc.
    >>>
    >>> Just give me a pool of players I can draft, give me coaching control to
    >>> tell guys to steal, and I'm happy. :)
    >>
    >>That's how I played dynasty mode in this game. There are those options you
    >>can control, but you can just ignore all that and just play everyday games.
    >>It'll still work just fine.
    >>

    >I just started playing Dynasty mode, and I think you have to watch the
    >Team Chemistry because it affects the players performance. Not sure
    >where I read that, the documentation for this game is so poor (typical
    >EA manual).
    >
    >Anyway, I too wish there was just a straight Season mode, with some
    >mini-Season options thrown in.

    The Team Chemistry and many other options can be turned off if you go
    in to something League Options or League Setup... You can turn off
    chemistry, salaries, etc.

    Ankit
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    did you ever get what you were looking for?

    --
    Jamie

    Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know
    whether you did it or not.
    ....O.W.

    Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good,
    you'll have to ram them down people's throats
    ....Howard Aiken
    <guaromiami@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Jamie,
    >
    > I noticed you're a regular poster here in this group who helps out MVP
    > Baseball gamers when they have a question. Maybe you can help me, too.
    > Do you have MVP Baseball 2005? If so, could you send me and/or post the
    > player stat profiles for Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis? I own MVP
    > 2003 and I want to create them on it and I would like to be as accurate
    > and up-to-date as possible. I posted a separate post where I suggested
    > this would be a better option for keeping people's MVP copies
    > up-to-date instead of having to fork over lots of cash every year for
    > the latest copy with just a couple new features. Thanks.

PC gaming Games Video Games