MVP Baseball player stat profiles

Last response: in Video Games
June 28, 2005 3:13:10 AM

I have found an easy way to keep an old copy of MVP Baseball constantly
up-to-date as far as players go. All it takes is some
information-sharing between MVP Baseball enthusisasts right here on
this group. For example, I have MVP Baseball 2003 and I'd like to
update it with some of the players that have come up since the game
came out, such as Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis (Obviously, my
team of choice is the Marlins). Although I downloaded the update
available from EA that includes both these players, it does not take
into account their stellar performances since then into their player
profile, since they were rookies that year who hadn't yet poven their
abilities. So, the best thing to do is to use the Create-A-Player
function. If I can get somebody who owns MVP Baseball 2005 to post the
information for both these players, I can just create them on the 2003
version. This is something everyone can do with their own copy of MVP
Baseball once it gets old, instead of having to fork over more money
every year just for a couple new features and an updated roster. Using
my method also gives the user more flexibility. If someone with MVP
Baseball 2005 could please send me the information for the players
mentioned above, I would greatly appreciate it. These profiles can be
posted up here and be shared by everyone.
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 12:47:58 PM

Nice work and of lot of it. "I" would never stick with the 2003 version,
when 2005 is the much better game IMO. Maybe download the EA roster #3,
along with MVP edit from MVP.com? Update the player ratings or create a
player. I don't remember if 2003 had MVP edit?

<guaromiami@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have found an easy way to keep an old copy of MVP Baseball constantly
> up-to-date as far as players go. All it takes is some
> information-sharing between MVP Baseball enthusisasts right here on
> this group. For example, I have MVP Baseball 2003 and I'd like to
> update it with some of the players that have come up since the game
> came out, such as Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis (Obviously, my
> team of choice is the Marlins). Although I downloaded the update
> available from EA that includes both these players, it does not take
> into account their stellar performances since then into their player
> profile, since they were rookies that year who hadn't yet poven their
> abilities. So, the best thing to do is to use the Create-A-Player
> function. If I can get somebody who owns MVP Baseball 2005 to post the
> information for both these players, I can just create them on the 2003
> version. This is something everyone can do with their own copy of MVP
> Baseball once it gets old, instead of having to fork over more money
> every year just for a couple new features and an updated roster. Using
> my method also gives the user more flexibility. If someone with MVP
> Baseball 2005 could please send me the information for the players
> mentioned above, I would greatly appreciate it. These profiles can be
> posted up here and be shared by everyone.

June 30, 2005 7:02:12 AM

MVP 2005 has many more improvements over 2003. Its not only the rosters.

Not that I endorse it, but you can download MVP2005 on BitTorrent.

"Big Al" <asignpro@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Nice work and of lot of it. "I" would never stick with the 2003 version,
> when 2005 is the much better game IMO. Maybe download the EA roster #3,
> along with MVP edit from MVP.com? Update the player ratings or create a
> player. I don't remember if 2003 had MVP edit?
>
> <guaromiami@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I have found an easy way to keep an old copy of MVP Baseball constantly
>> up-to-date as far as players go. All it takes is some
>> information-sharing between MVP Baseball enthusisasts right here on
>> this group. For example, I have MVP Baseball 2003 and I'd like to
>> update it with some of the players that have come up since the game
>> came out, such as Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis (Obviously, my
>> team of choice is the Marlins). Although I downloaded the update
>> available from EA that includes both these players, it does not take
>> into account their stellar performances since then into their player
>> profile, since they were rookies that year who hadn't yet poven their
>> abilities. So, the best thing to do is to use the Create-A-Player
>> function. If I can get somebody who owns MVP Baseball 2005 to post the
>> information for both these players, I can just create them on the 2003
>> version. This is something everyone can do with their own copy of MVP
>> Baseball once it gets old, instead of having to fork over more money
>> every year just for a couple new features and an updated roster. Using
>> my method also gives the user more flexibility. If someone with MVP
>> Baseball 2005 could please send me the information for the players
>> mentioned above, I would greatly appreciate it. These profiles can be
>> posted up here and be shared by everyone.

July 4, 2005 3:15:13 AM

A little FYI, guaromiami

http://www.operationsports.com

Go to forums.. and look at MVP Baseball.

!