Open letter to Sprint CEO....

Last response: in Network Providers
September 21, 2004 1:57:30 PM

I tried to send this to Sprint and even tried to locate an e-mail
adress for CEO, but it seems that Sprint isn't interested in negative
feedback.

To: Sprint CEO

I have been a loyal Sprint customer for over four years now.
Unfortunately I recently decided to end my relationship with your
company due to the shoddy treatment I received from your El Paso
Sprint store representatives.

Last month, I called the 800 number and mentioned that my four year
old phone had been malfunctioning. The phone reperasentive who I spoke
to assured me that I could get a $150 credit towards a new phone if I
agreed to a one year contract renewal. I agreed and he told me that I
only had to go to any Sprint store and I would be able to purchase a
phone for up to $150 and a rebate check would then be mailed to me in
a few weeks.

This all sounded well and good until I went to the local Sprint store.
There I was told that in order to get the $150 dollar credit I would
have to sign up for a two year agreement. When I mentioned that I was
told something else by the Sprint representative, the local Sprint
store representative rudely told me that I would have to deal directly
with the Sprint company phone representative who had promised me the
$150 credit.

I then called the 1-800 Sprint number again and explained my
situation to a very polite lady who said that the $150 credit was
actually for a 2 year contract but, because I had been misinformed by
the Sprint representative she was going to fix the problem and put a
note in the computer so that if the store representative had any
questions all I had to do was have them check my file. She then gave
me a Sprint number to give to the local Sprint store representative if
they had any further questions.

Feeling pretty good after having been treated with some professional
courtesy, I returned to the local Sprint store only to be treated like
I was some kind of freak. The service representative refused to even
call the Sprint number I had been provided. At this point I asked her
to cancel my service because I had no desire to do business with a
company that treats its loyal customers with such disdain. She barely
moved here head in the direction of a phone on the wall and said "if
you have any problems with Sprint, you need to talk to them directly
".

I then called Sprint directly and finally I was able to cancel my
service. I have recently receive another bill in the mail, but this
should be the last one. It is certainly the last one I am obliged to
pay.

It is too bad that it had to come to this. Up until this point I have
been very happy with my Sprint service. After my initial contract was
up I continued my service for three more years; as I probably would
have with the one year contract. During this whole ordeal one of your
representatives said to me "so what's the big deal just sign up for
two years" . I tried to explain to him that it isn't the length of the
contract that concerned me, but rather the principal of the matter: If
a company representative makes a promise, the company should honor the
promise.

The funny thing is, I just hoping for a cheap phone to replace my
broken phone. You run hundreds of advertisements offering free phones
to new customers. You would think you would be just as concerned about
keeping your loyal customers happy. Now you have an ex-customer
spreading the word about your horrible customer service. It just
doesn't make sense to me. Is this really any way to run a successful
business?

More about : open letter sprint ceo

Anonymous
September 21, 2004 2:09:36 PM

Xerarch wrote:

> Feeling pretty good after having been treated with some professional
> courtesy, I returned to the local Sprint store only to be treated like
> I was some kind of freak. The service representative refused to even
> call the Sprint number I had been provided. At this point I asked her
> to cancel my service because I had no desire to do business with a
> company that treats its loyal customers with such disdain. She barely
> moved here head in the direction of a phone on the wall and said "if
> you have any problems with Sprint, you need to talk to them directly
> ".

Them? Were you at a Sprint corporate store? (And where is the store that you
visited?)

September 21, 2004 9:19:17 PM

Just last week I went into a Sprint store and explained that my 4900 was
acting up (dropped calls)(this was a FREE 4900 to replace my last 4900
that I had dropped and snapped the antennae off of. That 4900 was a
FREE replacement of the phone I had before because it was acting up).
They ordered me a 4920 which I've had about a week now and love. Again,
it was FREE. 3 free phones in 2 years with no additional contracts. I
never had to even ask for the phones. They were just offered to me. I
think Sprint is great and have no desire to leave...

Xerarch wrote:

> [...]
> up I continued my service for three more years; as I probably would
> have with the one year contract. During this whole ordeal one of your
> representatives said to me "so what's the big deal just sign up for
> two years" . I tried to explain to him that it isn't the length of the
> contract that concerned me, but rather the principal of the matter: If
> a company representative makes a promise, the company should honor the
> promise.
>
> The funny thing is, I just hoping for a cheap phone to replace my
> broken phone. You run hundreds of advertisements offering free phones
> to new customers. You would think you would be just as concerned about
> keeping your loyal customers happy. Now you have an ex-customer
> spreading the word about your horrible customer service. It just
> doesn't make sense to me. Is this really any way to run a successful
September 21, 2004 11:09:03 PM

"Xerarch" <jessestcry@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I tried to send this to Sprint and even tried to locate an e-mail
> adress for CEO, but it seems that Sprint isn't interested in negative
> feedback.

I'm not trying to argue here with you, but this is what I understand from
your email. It appears that your whole argument here is on one mistake by
the first CS you spoke to.

First off, one does not just email the top of the ladder. You called CS, but
it certainly doesn't look like you tried to email CS via your customer
Manage page. Have you?

Next, if you had spoken to the Cancellation Dept, you didn't mention what,
if anything they said, as the Cancellation Dept. is the Retention Dept. and
they would have had reaffirmed the two year agreement with the $150 mail in
credit. You get a $100 credit for a one year agreement.

With regards to new customers, your argument is flawed as well. If one goes
through the sign up feature on SPCS's site for El Paso, TX (which is an
affiliate area), and select either one of the free phones available, it's
not actually free. SPCS is offering a $150 credit and the contract is for
TWO years. If one wants to go with a one year contract, the price will
increase. New customers also get charged $36 for the activation fee of their
new phone.

All in all, you made follow up comments to other CS reps, who said to you
that to qualify for the $150 credit, you would need to sign up for two more
years.

Bob

> [...]
> up I continued my service for three more years; as I probably would
> have with the one year contract. During this whole ordeal one of your
> representatives said to me "so what's the big deal just sign up for
> two years" . I tried to explain to him that it isn't the length of the
> contract that concerned me, but rather the principal of the matter: If
> a company representative makes a promise, the company should honor the
> promise.
>
> The funny thing is, I just hoping for a cheap phone to replace my
> broken phone. You run hundreds of advertisements offering free phones
> to new customers. You would think you would be just as concerned about
> keeping your loyal customers happy. Now you have an ex-customer
> spreading the word about your horrible customer service. It just
> doesn't make sense to me. Is this really any way to run a successful
Anonymous
September 21, 2004 11:10:10 PM

You must have used up all of your customer service minutes. How does
your cell phone company make you feel?

jessestcry@yahoo.com (Xerarch) wrote in message news:<19ba4312.0409210857.1f8ebcab@posting.google.com>...
> [...]
> up I continued my service for three more years; as I probably would
> have with the one year contract. During this whole ordeal one of your
> representatives said to me "so what's the big deal just sign up for
> two years" . I tried to explain to him that it isn't the length of the
> contract that concerned me, but rather the principal of the matter: If
> a company representative makes a promise, the company should honor the
> promise.
>
> The funny thing is, I just hoping for a cheap phone to replace my
> broken phone. You run hundreds of advertisements offering free phones
> to new customers. You would think you would be just as concerned about
> keeping your loyal customers happy. Now you have an ex-customer
> spreading the word about your horrible customer service. It just
> doesn't make sense to me. Is this really any way to run a successful
Anonymous
September 21, 2004 11:56:23 PM

You went over your customer service minutes last month. How does your
celllular service provider make you feel?

> [...]
> up I continued my service for three more years; as I probably would
> have with the one year contract. During this whole ordeal one of your
> representatives said to me "so what's the big deal just sign up for
> two years" . I tried to explain to him that it isn't the length of the
> contract that concerned me, but rather the principal of the matter: If
> a company representative makes a promise, the company should honor the
> promise.
>
> The funny thing is, I just hoping for a cheap phone to replace my
> broken phone. You run hundreds of advertisements offering free phones
> to new customers. You would think you would be just as concerned about
> keeping your loyal customers happy. Now you have an ex-customer
> spreading the word about your horrible customer service. It just
> doesn't make sense to me. Is this really any way to run a successful
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 5:26:20 PM

Anonymous
September 22, 2004 7:33:05 PM

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Jay Robbins <jay@teamrobbins.com> wrote:
> > You went over your customer service minutes last month. How does your
> > celllular service provider make you feel?
> >

> Any chance this is our foul friend Phillip? Clearly the state is the
> same ...
>
> Comcast Cable Communications, IP Services ATT-COMCAST (NET-67-160-0-0-1)
> 67.160.0.0 - 67.182.191.255
> Comcast Cable Communications, IP Services TEXAS-5 (NET-67-166-192-0-1)
> 67.166.192.0 - 67.166.255.255
>
> And the negative tone is the same ....
>
> So, perhaps Earthlink did its work afterall. :-)

I don't think so Tom, considering the other groups he has posted in, per a
google search ...
http://www.google.com/groups?safe=images&ie=UTF-8&as_ua...

Bob
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 1:07:45 AM

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" veldy71@yahoo.com wrote:

>Jay Robbins <jay@teamrobbins.com> wrote:
>> You went over your customer service minutes last month. How does your
>> celllular service provider make you feel?
>>

>Any chance this is our foul friend Phillip? Clearly the state is the
>same ...
>
>Comcast Cable Communications, IP Services ATT-COMCAST (NET-67-160-0-0-1)
> 67.160.0.0 - 67.182.191.255
>Comcast Cable Communications, IP Services TEXAS-5 (NET-67-166-192-0-1)
> 67.166.192.0 - 67.166.255.255
>
>And the negative tone is the same ....
>
>So, perhaps Earthlink did its work afterall. :-)

No, that one is not Phillipe (real name Bill Frank of Houston, Texas)
Phillipe's latest morph is Jack Zwick jzwick3@mindspring.com. His real ISP is
still Earthlink.

HTH
..

>- --
>
>Thomas T. Veldhouse
>Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1

Anonymous
September 23, 2004 5:48:43 PM

Anonymous
September 23, 2004 9:25:40 PM

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" veldy71@yahoo.com wrote:

>Siteldawgnumber1 <siteldawgnumber1@aol.comida> wrote:
>>
>> No, that one is not Phillipe (real name Bill Frank of Houston, Texas)
>> Phillipe's latest morph is Jack Zwick jzwick3@mindspring.com. His real ISP
>is
>> still Earthlink.
>>
>> HTH
>
>So how was Phillip's name confirmed to be "Bill Frank" of Houston Texas?

Phillip (Dr. Wm Frank) has been a pox in the houston.* hierarchy for a decade.
His morphs are immediately recognized in those NG's.

It's probably a waste of time, but if you want the evidence, I refer you to:

forhire + "William Frank"

author: ntguru@pants.iname.com + "William Frank"

author: phillip@gte.net

author: bill@notswbell.net

author: dslguru@aol.com

I know you are good at Googling. The above should help you connect the dots.

>- --
>
>Thomas T. Veldhouse
>Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1

Anonymous
September 23, 2004 10:10:25 PM

"Siteldawgnumber1" <siteldawgnumber1@aol.comida> wrote in message
> "Thomas T. Veldhouse" veldy71@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> >Siteldawgnumber1 <siteldawgnumber1@aol.comida> wrote:
> >>
> >> No, that one is not Phillipe (real name Bill Frank of Houston, Texas)
> >> Phillipe's latest morph is Jack Zwick jzwick3@mindspring.com. His real
ISP
> >is
> >> still Earthlink.
> >>
> >> HTH
> >
> >So how was Phillip's name confirmed to be "Bill Frank" of Houston Texas?
>
> Phillip (Dr. Wm Frank) has been a pox in the houston.* hierarchy for a
decade.
> His morphs are immediately recognized in those NG's.
>
> It's probably a waste of time, but if you want the evidence, I refer you
to:

> forhire + "William Frank"
>
> author: ntguru@pants.iname.com + "William Frank"
>
> author: phillip@gte.net
>
> author: bill@notswbell.net
>
> author: dslguru@aol.com

Well, this dslguru ID is on the list I kept. I haven't see the other IDs.

Bob
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 10:10:26 PM

Bob Smith wrote:

> Well, this dslguru ID is on the list I kept. I haven't see the other IDs.

He's used phillip at gte.net on this newsgroup.

September 23, 2004 10:47:57 PM

> Bob Smith wrote:
>
> > Well, this dslguru ID is on the list I kept. I haven't see the other
IDs.

> He's used phillip at gte.net on this newsgroup.

So he has ... Looks like he used that one from 7-21-99 to 7-26-99 on this
newsgroup. One more to add to the list, which now stands with 143 different
IDs.

Bob
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 11:47:12 PM

Anonymous
September 23, 2004 11:48:12 PM

Anonymous
September 24, 2004 5:16:27 PM

Xerarch wrote:
> I tried to send this to Sprint and even tried to locate an e-mail
> adress for CEO, but it seems that Sprint isn't interested in negative
> feedback.
>
> To: Sprint CEO
>
> I have been a loyal Sprint customer for over four years now.
> Unfortunately I recently decided to end my relationship with your
> company due to the shoddy treatment I received from your El Paso
> Sprint store representatives.

[SNIP]

> ...I returned to the local Sprint store only to be treated like
> I was some kind of freak. The service representative refused to even
> call the Sprint number I had been provided. At this point I asked her
> to cancel my service because I had no desire to do business with a
> company that treats its loyal customers with such disdain. She barely
> moved here head in the direction of a phone on the wall and said "if
> you have any problems with Sprint, you need to talk to them directly
> ".

Actually, your best bet in this case is to contact Alamosa PCS corporate
headquarters with your complaint. The problem here is that you're in El
Paso, TX, and El Paso is not a Sprint corporate market. Most of Texas
and New Mexico is served by Alamosa PCS, an affiliate that provides
wireless service under a contract with Sprint that permits to market
services under the Sprint brand name. Hence the disparity: When you
talk to Sprint, they treat you great. An affiliate rep however, might
not be trained the same way.

Their corporate headquarters phone number is 806-722-1100.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
September 24, 2004 7:23:54 PM

Tom V wrote:

>Of course, I am familiar with several of these aliases. However, I fail
>to see your link to William Frank. As a matter of fact, all the William
>Frank information I find corresponds to PCs and Dell computers in
>particular, and we all know that Phillip uses a Mac [OS X].
>
>> I know you are good at Googling. The above should help you connect the
>dots.
>>

>Sorry ... I just don't see the connection between William Frank and
>Phillip. I am not saying that it isn't the same guy, but I just don't
>see any evidence as delivered by you that it is the same guy.

Ok, here we go.

<2n0d9i$f8a@sugar.NeoSoft.COM> From 3-25-94. Note the NG: comp.sys.mac.apps

<2une79$a89@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM> From NG comp.sys.mac.hardware 6-27-94

<3a38e9$ip7@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM> From 11-12-94 Take note of his sig file

Now that the Mac connection is established, we fast forward to 1997.
<forhire-1506971752580001@dialup-164-141.insync.net>#1/1 Read the entire
thread, 3 articles and I think you will recognize Phillipe.

<3398C91B.4CEF@no.spam>#1/1 is a poster quoting W. Frank and taking him to
task. What is quoted should demonstrate that there is a connection with the
poster we knew as Phillipe.

<ntguru-1103981153450001@56k-158.maxtnt1.pdq.net>#1/1 from 3-11-98. Note the
NG and the phrasing in the post. W. Frank is now ntguru@pants.iname.com.

Now, Bill Frank posts to the Sprint NG in 2000.

<gjm09scmgt2evuqmn24m8qoej1ocj7bdc6@4ax.com>#1/1

<q29ids8r0fgbonvkq701un3e0ejkbk52fi@4ax.com>#1/1 This one should convince you.
In this post he refers to vaporware.

Now, for Bob's Phillipe ID list:

rroger@ccs.carleton.ca 1999
phillip@gte.net 1999
ron@worldnet.net 1999
george@worldnet.net 1999
kyle@gte.net 2000 *NOTE: The original, real kyle@gte.net has not posted with
that handle since 1996. Phillipe *borrowed* his handle, just like he did
Robert Markoff's.

jjgates@msn.com 2000
houbill@secret.com 2002
fred@fred.com 2003

Bob, I haven't seen you ID list for a while, so I don't know if you got Carl
Wilson ima@nonymous.com.

Convinced? ;>D

>- --
>
>Thomas T. Veldhouse
>Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1

Anonymous
September 24, 2004 8:05:49 PM

"Siteldawgnumber1" <siteldawgnumber1@aol.comida> wrote in message

<snipped>
> Bob, I haven't seen you ID list for a while, so I don't know if you got
Carl
> Wilson ima@nonymous.com.
>
> Convinced? ;>D

I haven't noticed those other IDs and I was collecting only those IDs that
appeared on the SPCS newsgroup. Were those other IDs used to post in the
SPCS newsgroup as well?

As ole Phillipe hasn't darkened our doorsteps recently, I haven't been
paying much attention to the list. If you want a copy, just send me an
email, taking out the _No_Spam_ out of my address.

Bob
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 8:30:48 PM

Bob Smith wrote:

>"Siteldawgnumber1" <siteldawgnumber1@aol.comida> wrote in message
>
><snipped>
>> Bob, I haven't seen you ID list for a while, so I don't know if you got
>Carl
>> Wilson ima@nonymous.com.
>>
>> Convinced? ;>D
>
>I haven't noticed those other IDs and I was collecting only those IDs that
>appeared on the SPCS newsgroup. Were those other IDs used to post in the
>SPCS newsgroup as well?

Yes, I only posted the ID's used in the Sprint group. I also noticed I left
out his ID from 2001: Bill unlisted@uth.edu, May through August 2001.

<unlisted-2B73B0.05510814062001@news-server.houston.rr.com> This one is classic
Phillipe.

>As ole Phillipe hasn't darkened our doorsteps recently, I haven't been
>paying much attention to the list. If you want a copy, just send me an
>email, taking out the _No_Spam_ out of my address.
>
>Bob

Anonymous
November 16, 2004 8:40:30 PM

I had my own issue with how I felt I was being treated by Sprint CS
reps. And I felt that a policy toward existing customers as opposed to
new customers was wrong.

I did some digging and fount the CEO's email. He was polite enough to
delegate my email to someone under him to assist me.

His email address is: Gary.Forsee@mail.sprint.com.

I hope anyone has the same experience I did.

Now keep in mind the email I sent was well written and thought out. I
did not Spam the man with angry rantings.

--
dgpiii
http://cellphoneforums.net