Sanyo VM4500 and Text Messaging Entry Mode

Last response: in Network Providers
September 23, 2004 5:26:32 PM

Is it possible to default the phone to automoatically go to T9 text
messaging mode as opposed to "abc"?
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 5:49:17 AM

Agent User wrote:

> Is it possible to default the phone to automoatically go to T9 text
> messaging mode as opposed to "abc"?

as far as i kno, no

i know they need to have that option tho
Anonymous
October 11, 2004 11:07:59 PM

Agent User <AgentUser@agent.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to default the phone to automoatically go to T9 text
> messaging mode as opposed to "abc"?

You can, however, minimize keypresses. If you hold down the "mode"
soft-key, it will toggle between T9 and TAP. Saves the hassle of having
to go through the menu and selecting your desired entry method.

I think that Sanyo's implementation of this is retarded. It was this way
with the 8300 as well. I don't know why they can't just remember the
last used setting and select that.

Joel
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
October 12, 2004 7:24:16 PM

Does this phone support any of the T9 shortcuts?
Anonymous
October 16, 2004 2:07:54 PM

Alphad <alphad77@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Does this phone support any of the T9 shortcuts?

One can hold down a number key to get the number. I'm not sure what is
meant by T9 shortcuts.
!