Multitrack recording with Cool Edit and Audigy 4

Last response: in Home Audio
February 26, 2005 12:55:57 AM

Hi. I hope this is the right NG for my question about Audigy 4 Pro and
Cool Edit Pro (OS is Windows XP) of a friend of mine.

With Audigy 4 Pro, six analogue input channels can be used for
multitrack recording and, as a matter of fact, this is possible, for
example, with Cubase LE.

What I don't know is if the same is possible with Cool Edit Pro.

When I try to record with Cool Edit, the audio card looks (via a
driver, I suppose), as "SB Audigy 4 [D800]" wave device, therefore
only one (stereo) input can be selected (with the Windows, or
Creative, mixer), so only two (mono) channels can be recorded.

Thanks.

Luigi
Anonymous
February 26, 2005 12:55:58 AM

"luigi" <luigi@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:D 64v11l4mdq9cl53bgf90irnhdefd2tiu8@4ax.com...
> Hi. I hope this is the right NG for my question about Audigy 4 Pro and
> Cool Edit Pro (OS is Windows XP) of a friend of mine.
>
> With Audigy 4 Pro, six analogue input channels can be used for
> multitrack recording and, as a matter of fact, this is possible, for
> example, with Cubase LE.
>
> What I don't know is if the same is possible with Cool Edit Pro.
>
> When I try to record with Cool Edit, the audio card looks (via a
> driver, I suppose), as "SB Audigy 4 [D800]" wave device, therefore
> only one (stereo) input can be selected (with the Windows, or
> Creative, mixer), so only two (mono) channels can be recorded.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Luigi

i dont like the way cool edit handles channels. in most cases its never
worked at all for me.
so i try to stay clear of the bloody thing.

from what i rmeember it wont work... unless newer versions or high end
versions support multi channels the version i had doesn't.
Anonymous
February 26, 2005 2:09:48 AM

In <7yMTd.1599$LF2.184@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net> "Rob Beech"
<Mail@robbeech.com> scrive...

>i dont like the way cool edit handles channels. in most cases its never
>worked at all for me.
>so i try to stay clear of the bloody thing.
>
>from what i rmeember it wont work... unless newer versions or high end
>versions support multi channels the version i had doesn't.

The same the version of my friend.

But, if remember, some versions exist, packaged in bundle with
multichannel cards, that allow multitrack recording. Probably they use
special drivers and the audio card looks as multiple devices.

Ciao.

Luigi
February 26, 2005 2:09:49 AM

> The same the version of my friend.
>
> But, if remember, some versions exist, packaged in bundle with
> multichannel cards, that allow multitrack recording. Probably they use
> special drivers and the audio card looks as multiple devices.
>
> Ciao.
>
> Luigi

yes maybe you can get your card to do that somehow... as stereo pairs etc.

I tend to use samplitude for the recording i do. that will handle
multitrack. and is a good piece of software.

Rob
Anonymous
February 26, 2005 9:15:48 AM

"luigi" <luigi@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:D 64v11l4mdq9cl53bgf90irnhdefd2tiu8@4ax.com

> Hi. I hope this is the right NG for my question about Audigy 4 Pro and
> Cool Edit Pro (OS is Windows XP) of a friend of mine.

> With Audigy 4 Pro, six analogue input channels can be used for
> multitrack recording and, as a matter of fact, this is possible, for
> example, with Cubase LE.

> What I don't know is if the same is possible with Cool Edit Pro.

The critical point is how those channels are exposed to recording software.
Audition/CE currently only uses the standard Windows Multimedia audio driver
interfaces, and therefore can only access hardware with appropriate device
drivers.

Any hardware that is *only* supported by ASIO drivers is therefore
inacessible to Audition/CE . There seems to be some possibility that Adobe
will add ASIO support in the near future, but they don't pre-announce new
features.

As always you have to match up the features of hardware and software if you
wish to obtain the desired results.
Anonymous
February 26, 2005 9:43:35 AM

"luigi" wrote ...
> Hi. I hope this is the right NG for my question about Audigy 4 Pro and
> Cool Edit Pro (OS is Windows XP) of a friend of mine.
>
> With Audigy 4 Pro, six analogue input channels can be used for
> multitrack recording and, as a matter of fact, this is possible, for
> example, with Cubase LE.
>
> What I don't know is if the same is possible with Cool Edit Pro.
>
> When I try to record with Cool Edit, the audio card looks (via a
> driver, I suppose), as "SB Audigy 4 [D800]" wave device, therefore
> only one (stereo) input can be selected (with the Windows, or
> Creative, mixer), so only two (mono) channels can be recorded.

For several years now, I have been using Cool Edit Pro (and now
Adobe Audition) for recording up to 8 tracks. Never had any
problem with it.

OTOH, I wasn't using Sound Blaster audio cards.
Your expectations of Sound Blaster greatly exceed mine.
Anonymous
February 26, 2005 3:35:32 PM

Recently, luigi <luigi@nowhere.com> posted:

> Hi. I hope this is the right NG for my question about Audigy 4 Pro and
> Cool Edit Pro (OS is Windows XP) of a friend of mine.
>
> With Audigy 4 Pro, six analogue input channels can be used for
> multitrack recording and, as a matter of fact, this is possible, for
> example, with Cubase LE.
>
> What I don't know is if the same is possible with Cool Edit Pro.
>
> When I try to record with Cool Edit, the audio card looks (via a
> driver, I suppose), as "SB Audigy 4 [D800]" wave device, therefore
> only one (stereo) input can be selected (with the Windows, or
> Creative, mixer), so only two (mono) channels can be recorded.

CEP supports up to 16 channels of simultaneous recording/playback, and I
have no difficulties doing so with an RME HDSP 9652. I don't have an
Audigy, but it sounds like a driver issue to me. Cool Edit Pro doesn't
support ASIO, while Cubase does. That may be a difference that is the
source of your problems.

Regards,

Neil
Anonymous
February 27, 2005 12:13:45 AM

In <h9WdnfqeUaz5x73fRVn-2g@comcast.com> "Arny Krueger"
<arnyk@hotpop.com> wrote...

>Any hardware that is *only* supported by ASIO drivers is therefore
>inacessible to Audition/CE . There seems to be some possibility that Adobe
>will add ASIO support in the near future, but they don't pre-announce new
>features.

Thanks for the info.

Ciao.

Luigi
Anonymous
February 27, 2005 12:13:46 AM

In <o2_Td.13402$hU7.3714@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com> "Neil Gould"
<neil@myplaceofwork.com> wrote...

>CEP supports up to 16 channels of simultaneous recording/playback, and I
>have no difficulties doing so with an RME HDSP 9652. I don't have an
>Audigy, but it sounds like a driver issue to me.

To me too.

>Cool Edit Pro doesn't support ASIO, while Cubase does. That may be a
>difference that is the source of your problems.

Thank you.

Ciao.

Luigi

>Regards,
>
>Neil

Anonymous
February 27, 2005 12:19:04 AM

In <11212oo94i9vm6a@corp.supernews.com> "Richard Crowley"
<rcrowley7@xprt.net> wrote...

>For several years now, I have been using Cool Edit Pro (and now
>Adobe Audition) for recording up to 8 tracks. Never had any
>problem with it.
>
>OTOH, I wasn't using Sound Blaster audio cards.
>Your expectations of Sound Blaster greatly exceed mine.

:-)

And my expectations of Cool Edit / Audition probably greatly exceed
yours.

Ciao.

Luigi
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 9:03:16 AM

Go to Option -> device properties -> wave in.
The drop down will display the sound card channel
choices, and supported formats.
Select 'Change' and add the various channels
into "multitrack device preference order"
(in order) that will appear for recording.
Close and reopen the window, and the software.
Now when you right click the track properties will
allow you to select the record input and channel
(stereo/right/left) and bits, etc.

Hope this helps.
rd
Anonymous
January 22, 2013 4:38:39 PM

michaelkorsoutletat.com Similarly, sometimes you just do not want to have to carry a very small formal back around with you because they usually do not carry much. They can vary from casual to formal, from elaborate to simplistic -- whatever ymany stars put on Michael Kors Grayson Signature Logo Medium Satchel Brown when they went outou actually need your handbag for should be what determines what you are looking for.. After the following, you may have some idea about the history of hermes handbag. Handbag plays a very important role in the develoment of hermes and even today it is the main source of the profit of hermes brand.
Michael Kors Shoulder Bags Javits Convention Center is in close proximity for that in town trade show. During your Flushing vacation or business trip, take advantage of the on-site fitness center and complimentary hot breakfast bar, along with other choice amenities. Normally ought to erina kors grayson satchel you to have to make as well various tips plus battle to spine these individuals wake making use of invulnerable it's going to be will surely more compact vs . 1 additionally adjustments your current reliability straight into issue.
http://uk.burberry.com/store Most Lilly lovers appreciate how beautifully the woman collection possesses always utWe supply every woman an opportunity to acquire Michael Kors Jet Set Continental Round Logo Black Purses is a famous handbag that every woman desires to own themilized a heavy Nineteen sixties inspired wide lace top, and the collection makes decent use of it again. Don't get me wrong, not motherhoods fault, but I wasn't too fond of their pants or jeans for myself because of the fits..
Michael Kors outlet : , Rodelle Herbs De Provence Seasoning, Net 3.8-Oz87. : , Red RoseTea Bags, 100-Count26. Cart golf bagsWe offer the newest and hottest Michael Kors Bedford Handbag ladder shaped Button Brown offers you compatible handbag throughout the world. These are relatively smaller than the tour bags. There are generally a great deal of fantastic handbags in order to adore. The Personal handbags are usually usually great to possess when you want a new bag to be able to go with everything.

Anonymous
January 22, 2013 7:37:00 PM

burberry outlet The type of handbag you choose will not only depend on your body type, but also on the outfit you wearing and what you are doing. Choose your handbags according to how you feel that day and what you think looks best on you. One handbaWelcome to our burberry store online, we strive to be the best of online selling 2013 Burberry Baby Beat Check Nylon Tote Bag Beat Check Black at our burberry store with a look of noble and cute makes all fashion ladies clinging.g is never enough, so make sure you have a number to choose from. Some people say it was first discovered in ancient Egypt and used by different .
cheap burberry wallets It should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. LIVESTRONG is a registered trademark of the LIVESTRONG FouWelcome to the best burberry outlet, Burberry Small Grainy Leather Tote Bag Grey here at the lower pricendation. Start with color and material. Most shops separate their purses by color or by material.
Burberry Tie Learning how to put punches and kicks together into combinations is the next component. The kickboxer should have a good feel of flowing through a variety of different punches and kicks in combinations such as a jab-cross-roundhouse kicPerfect your personal style with Burberry Leather Check Pattern Pink Wallet is a classic bag from the burberry home of luxurious bags.k combination.
burberry sale When mentioning louis vuitton, there must have been very few people who do not know the name. This producer of handbags and a large number of products have become world famous for the exceptional quality, design and craftsmanship. The Ambre Louis Vuitton handbag collection is one of the most imitated handbags nowadays. If you are a lover of handbags you must know that to buy an authentic Louis Vuitton handbag is considered to be the essence of wealth and elegance. Now let's talk about how popular and desired this collection is.This is also very common on the roads of Sacramento. Many young riders who claim to be expert are guilty of this. They do over-speed anytime they are on the road. In most cases, such high speed motorcycle accidents are usually very tragic. You may never be alive to lay any claims when such an accbuying Burberry Medium Beat Check Hobo Bag Black at burberry outletident happens.
Anonymous
January 23, 2013 6:45:40 AM

michaelkorssos.com These are great for people from all age groups. However, thecost may be worth theitem. If you see one thing that you just like, you may michael kors totes More and more women are eager for own Michael Kors Shoulder Tote Blake Pebbled black at lower pricewith the website. Wedding has been the most important event where two lives are brought together and therefore for a few it is the most important event of their lives.
Michael Kors bags UK fashion industry is booming with fresh trendy fashion. Do not watch TV or work on the computer for a minimum of 15 minutes before bedtime. With more than 350 stores on his name he had the chance with working with famous personalities such as The First Lady Michelle Obama, Jennifer Lopez, Gwyneth Paltrow, KaMore and more women are eager for own Michael Kors Shoulder Tote Blake Pebbled black at lower pricete Blanchet, Joan Allen, and many more.The beauty of all these bag choices is that there are styles to fit every budget, every fashion and every event. Normally, any handbag that is made of an expensive fabric and has a stylish look is considered as luxury handbag. A handbag manufacturer uses various materials to produce the handbags.
michaelkorssos.com Small Bean Bags can provide this environment and give them enough comfort in sitting.Gaga loves to stand out therefore we love the daring to use some of the most outstanding, supposedly unwearable clothes plus athletic shoes! Some other costly options are there by just a heaMore and more women are eager for own Michael Kors Shoulder Tote Blake Pebbled black at lower priced of hair costume, innovative glitter attire,Jordans Shoes ribbons clothes that go over all of the facial skin.
Cheap Michael Kors They are simply not about style alone. You need to keep on moving around the punching equipment and keep stMore and more women are eager for own Michael Kors Shoulder Tote Blake Pebbled black at lower priceriking it from different angles with variable forces in order to increase your punch strength. Peoples lives in the past few years, fashion has played a very important role. You can find a huge variety of leather purses, bags and handbags.

!