RL-4920 USB driver

Last response: in Network Providers
a b \ Driver
September 24, 2004 4:09:52 AM

Based on a recommendation made here, I purchased a USB cable for my RL-4920
and downloaded BitPim. A link on the BitPim to download the necessary USB
drivers is broken. The only reference I can find to the drivers on the Sanyo
web page is to purchase them for ~$30.

Is there a free alternative somewhere?

TIA

Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

More about : 4920 usb driver

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
September 24, 2004 11:42:03 AM

Pardon my replying to myself but, for the sake of other readers, I found you
can download the drivers for free off the FutureDial site.

(as of this moment:
http://www.futuredial.com/support/download/Sanyo_USB_Dr...).

Copy unzipped contents the to a location you can navigate to with Windows
Explorer. When you plug in the phone, Windows (XP, in my case) recognizes
new hardware and asks to install the software. Pick the option that
specifies where to get the file and navigate to where you stored them.
Windows will then recognize the correct file and complete installation.

BitPim is now working for me. Thanks to others on this forum for the
information.
--
Chris Cowles,
Gainesville, FL

"Chris Cowles" <NoSpam@For.me> wrote in message
> Based on a recommendation made here, I purchased a USB cable for my
> RL-4920 and downloaded BitPim. A link on the BitPim to download the
> necessary USB drivers is broken. The only reference I can find to the
> drivers on the Sanyo web page is to purchase them for ~$30.
>
> Is there a free alternative somewhere?
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
September 24, 2004 5:07:32 PM

where did you get the cable?

Chris Cowles wrote:

> Pardon my replying to myself but, for the sake of other readers, I found you
> can download the drivers for free off the FutureDial site.
>
> (as of this moment:
> http://www.futuredial.com/support/download/Sanyo_USB_Dr...).
>
> Copy unzipped contents the to a location you can navigate to with Windows
> Explorer. When you plug in the phone, Windows (XP, in my case) recognizes
> new hardware and asks to install the software. Pick the option that
> specifies where to get the file and navigate to where you stored them.
> Windows will then recognize the correct file and complete installation.
>
> BitPim is now working for me. Thanks to others on this forum for the
> information.
a b \ Driver
September 24, 2004 6:14:58 PM

"Jim85CJ" <jim_85cj@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
news:o _U4d.8541$gG4.3144@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> where did you get the cable?

Cables are readily available through futuredial.com, rpiwireless.com or
susteen.com web sites, and at Radio Shack stores.

Bob
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
September 25, 2004 6:04:54 PM

This is what I bought:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5719...

$9.95 incl S&H. It works. The seller probably has more.

Perhaps other sellers have a cheaper net cost. Search ebay for "Sanyo 4920
cable".

!