RL-4920 USB driver

Based on a recommendation made here, I purchased a USB cable for my RL-4920
and downloaded BitPim. A link on the BitPim to download the necessary USB
drivers is broken. The only reference I can find to the drivers on the Sanyo
web page is to purchase them for ~$30.

Is there a free alternative somewhere?

TIA

Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL
4 answers Last reply
More about 4920 driver

    Pardon my replying to myself but, for the sake of other readers, I found you
    can download the drivers for free off the FutureDial site.

    (as of this moment:
    http://www.futuredial.com/support/download/Sanyo_USB_Driver.zip).

    Copy unzipped contents the to a location you can navigate to with Windows
    Explorer. When you plug in the phone, Windows (XP, in my case) recognizes
    new hardware and asks to install the software. Pick the option that
    specifies where to get the file and navigate to where you stored them.
    Windows will then recognize the correct file and complete installation.

    BitPim is now working for me. Thanks to others on this forum for the
    information.
    --
    Chris Cowles,
    Gainesville, FL

    "Chris Cowles" <NoSpam@For.me> wrote in message
    > Based on a recommendation made here, I purchased a USB cable for my
    > RL-4920 and downloaded BitPim. A link on the BitPim to download the
    > necessary USB drivers is broken. The only reference I can find to the
    > drivers on the Sanyo web page is to purchase them for ~$30.
    >
    > Is there a free alternative somewhere?

    where did you get the cable?

    "Jim85CJ" <jim_85cj@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > where did you get the cable?

    Cables are readily available through futuredial.com, rpiwireless.com or
    susteen.com web sites, and at Radio Shack stores.

    Bob

    This is what I bought:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5719940590

    $9.95 incl S&H. It works. The seller probably has more.

    Perhaps other sellers have a cheaper net cost. Search ebay for "Sanyo 4920
    cable".

    "Jim85CJ" <jim_85cj@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > where did you get the cable?
    >

    > Chris Cowles wrote:
    >
    >> Pardon my replying to myself but, for the sake of other readers, I found
    >> you can download the drivers for free off the FutureDial site.
    >>
    >> (as of this moment:
    >> http://www.futuredial.com/support/download/Sanyo_USB_Driver.zip).
    >>
    >> Copy unzipped contents the to a location you can navigate to with Windows
    >> Explorer. When you plug in the phone, Windows (XP, in my case) recognizes
    >> new hardware and asks to install the software. Pick the option that
    >> specifies where to get the file and navigate to where you stored them.
    >> Windows will then recognize the correct file and complete installation.
    >>
    >> BitPim is now working for me. Thanks to others on this forum for the
    >> information.

Sprint PCS Drivers USB Internet Service Providers