sims 2 and windows me

trying to play sims 2, can't install it on my new computer
without a new video card so I tried to install it on my
older computer - good video card, direct x all OK and
working, meets minimum requirements, but the game freezes
while loading.

I've done control/alt/delete and closed down every running
program possible, system resources are at 90%, virus scan
disabled, system restore disabled.

Each time I try to load the game, more of it loads. Does
anyone have any suggestions? Is it a windows ME problem?
Or is it that I only have the minimum CPU and RAM?

I want to play the dang game! It's driving me crazy! I
never had any problems with Sims 1 - and I had all the
expansion packs and 5 gigs of downloads on that game.

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about sims windows

    Hi 2feathers,

    I posted driver upgrade instructions in a reply to your 1st post. :-)

    Cheers,
    Jimmy.

    "2feathers" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3e7101c49e51$eed6ca50$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    | trying to play sims 2, can't install it on my new computer
    | without a new video card so I tried to install it on my
    | older computer - good video card, direct x all OK and
    | working, meets minimum requirements, but the game freezes
    | while loading.
    |
    | I've done control/alt/delete and closed down every running
    | program possible, system resources are at 90%, virus scan
    | disabled, system restore disabled.
    |
    | Each time I try to load the game, more of it loads. Does
    | anyone have any suggestions? Is it a windows ME problem?
    | Or is it that I only have the minimum CPU and RAM?
    |
    | I want to play the dang game! It's driving me crazy! I
    | never had any problems with Sims 1 - and I had all the
    | expansion packs and 5 gigs of downloads on that game.
    |
    | Thanks

Sims Games Video Games