AIM with unlimited Vision - is AIM free to use?

I have a Sprint PCS plan with unlimited Vision use. While playing
around with AOL Instant Messenger, I saw a screen that said "You will
only get charged for time spent actively using AIM". Does one really
have to pay to use AIM on their phone? Or, was the screen just
referring to air time charges?

Thanks

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 00:41:34 -0400, Some ONe wrote:
> I have a Sprint PCS plan with unlimited Vision use.  While playing
> around with AOL Instant Messenger, I saw a screen that said "You
> will only get charged for time spent actively using AIM".  Does one
> really have to pay to use AIM on their phone?  Or, was the screen
> just referring to air time charges?
>
> Thanks

It is my understanding that each IM counts as a text message and you will be charged for any overage of text messages. I know you probably have, but you also need to set up a screen name with aol and there AIM software. If you already use AOL you have your screen name and password. Hope this helps. If not I am sure someone else will let us know.

Porter

Some ONe wrote:
> I have a Sprint PCS plan with unlimited Vision use. While playing
> around with AOL Instant Messenger, I saw a screen that said "You will
> only get charged for time spent actively using AIM". Does one really
> have to pay to use AIM on their phone? Or, was the screen just
> referring to air time charges?

That's a default disclaimer fo rnon-Vision users. If you have the
$15/month Vision plan, then all internet and instant messaging to and
from your phone is free and unlimited.