NHL2006 demo

3dgamers.com have a demo for NHL2006, 279MB.
More about nhl2006 demo
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Andrew wrote:
    > 3dgamers.com have a demo for NHL2006, 279MB.
    Yep. EA FTP site has it too.

    If anyone has the Saitek gamepads especially the P880 and your players
    does more spins than a figure skater, you need to do the following

    go into your registry (regedit)

    Here are the setups once you get into the registry
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Me
    diaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\
    The first or the Second at the end of the list is Saitek P880

    OEMName click on Saitek P880, right click, select RENAME and type in
    "Logitech Dual Action" without the quotations marks
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    "Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > Andrew wrote:
    >> 3dgamers.com have a demo for NHL2006, 279MB.
    > Yep. EA FTP site has it too.
    >
    > If anyone has the Saitek gamepads especially the P880 and your players
    > does more spins than a figure skater, you need to do the following
    >
    > go into your registry (regedit)
    >
    > Here are the setups once you get into the registry
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Me
    > diaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\
    > The first or the Second at the end of the list is Saitek P880
    >
    > OEMName click on Saitek P880, right click, select RENAME and type in
    > "Logitech Dual Action" without the quotations marks

    Good to hear that the demo is out now, but I'm surprised to hear of this
    issue with the Saitek gamepads considering that Saitek is surely a more
    well-known brand name by now. Thanks for the heads up though! How good is
    the demo?
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    NightSky 421 wrote:
    > "Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    >
    >>Andrew wrote:
    >>
    >>>3dgamers.com have a demo for NHL2006, 279MB.
    >>
    >>Yep. EA FTP site has it too.
    >>
    >>If anyone has the Saitek gamepads especially the P880 and your players
    >>does more spins than a figure skater, you need to do the following
    >>
    >>go into your registry (regedit)
    >>
    >>Here are the setups once you get into the registry
    >>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Me
    >>diaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\
    >>The first or the Second at the end of the list is Saitek P880
    >>
    >>OEMName click on Saitek P880, right click, select RENAME and type in
    >>"Logitech Dual Action" without the quotations marks
    >

    > Good to hear that the demo is out now, but I'm surprised to hear of this
    > issue with the Saitek gamepads considering that Saitek is surely a more
    > well-known brand name by now. Thanks for the heads up though! How good is
    > the demo?

    I am sure EA is looking at a fix because the registry hack above affects
    all games.

    The demo is awesome and there is already addons for it including the
    ability to change the rules and play a full game.

    How-to: Change the difficulty level to Difficult
    http://eahockey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154
    All Graphical Addon
    http://eahockey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165
    All Rules and Full Game Demo
    http://doubleminor.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14405
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    > I am sure EA is looking at a fix because the registry hack above affects
    > all games.
    >
    > The demo is awesome and there is already addons for it including the
    > ability to change the rules and play a full game.
    >
    > How-to: Change the difficulty level to Difficult
    > http://eahockey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154
    > All Graphical Addon
    > http://eahockey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165
    > All Rules and Full Game Demo
    > http://doubleminor.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14405

    Could you post the gist of the above threads here? I'm not really too keen
    on registering, which you never mentioned has to be done in order to access
    the forums.

    Alanb
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:59:54 -0400, "Alan Bernardo"
    <ifeelyourpain@ihatebush.net> wrote:

    >Could you post the gist of the above threads here? I'm not really too keen
    >on registering, which you never mentioned has to be done in order to access
    >the forums.
    >

    >Alanb

    You don't have to register to access the forums. Download the rules
    change prog from here instead http://nhl.pkhl.ru/ I ran the game then
    alt+tab to minimize the game, run the prog and make all your changes,
    click set then it will go back to the game. Changes will now be in
    effect.
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Alan Bernardo wrote:
    >>I am sure EA is looking at a fix because the registry hack above affects
    >>all games.
    >>
    >>The demo is awesome and there is already addons for it including the
    >>ability to change the rules and play a full game.
    >>
    >>How-to: Change the difficulty level to Difficult
    >>http://eahockey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154
    >>All Graphical Addon
    >>http://eahockey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165
    >>All Rules and Full Game Demo
    >>http://doubleminor.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14405
    >

    > Could you post the gist of the above threads here? I'm not really too keen
    > on registering, which you never mentioned has to be done in order to access
    > the forums.
    >

    > Alanb

    Difficult
    1. Take bigGUI and open up aidata.viv in your NHL06/Gamedata folder
    2. Download the attached file and unzip it to anywhere
    3. Import the file in the zip which should be easy.ubc into the aidata.viv.
    4. Compress & Rebuild
    5. Run the game

    WARNING: Backup your old one in case you deleted your demo install file
    or anything.

    Graphical Addon
    DOWNLOAD
    http://www.doubleminor.net/downloadfiles/redirect.php?dlid=1208&PHPSESSID=14828033293c1bcb0f2357db52d509bd
    Enjoy - instructions and credits are found in the readme.

    and quoting Praxiteles Democritus

    "You don't have to register to access the forums. Download the rules
    change prog from here instead http://nhl.pkhl.ru/ I ran the game then
    alt+tab to minimize the game, run the prog and make all your changes,
    click set then it will go back to the game. Changes will now be in
    effect."
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    My game locks up during the song in the intro. It ran ok for a day, now it
    doesn't work.

    6600GT vid card with 71.89 drivers, had 77.77 but installed the 71.89 after
    the problems started.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    "Gizzo" <gizzo@sportplanetr.com - remove the 'r'> wrote in message
    > My game locks up during the song in the intro. It ran ok for a day, now it
    > doesn't work.
    >
    > 6600GT vid card with 71.89 drivers, had 77.77 but installed the 71.89
    > after the problems started.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks

    Got - it - vsync needs to be on. Weird.
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    > I am sure EA is looking at a fix because the registry hack above affects
    > all games.

    Hope so. It's not like Saitek is some unknown name. If anything, I've read
    a lot of reviews on the Internet written by people who own the Logitech Dual
    Action Gamepad and have read one bad review after another. I can't recall
    the last time I've read so many bad things about a product, and the vast
    majority of the complaints have to do with lost calibration that can't be
    corrected. Usually it happens after a short period of time, usually a
    couple of months. I wanted to buy one, but reading that many bad reviews
    really scared me off.

    > The demo is awesome and there is already addons for it including the
    > ability to change the rules and play a full game.

    I tried the demo on my Internet computer here, which does not have a gamepad
    or speakers currently hooked up. I played it using the keyboard and was
    better with it than I thought I would be. I had two games in total playing
    as Tampa Bay each time. I lost the first game 1-0 after an extended
    shootout in overtime. I won the second game 4-1, with 3 of my goals coming
    on the one-timer with the shooter right close to the crease on the far post.
    So far, so good, but if I had a gamepad hooked up to my Internet box, it
    looks as though I would annihilate the computer on Easy if I was doing that
    good with the keyboard on only my second game. I'm just hoping this version
    does not end up like NHL 2004 (or 99 for that matter), where it was easy to
    score on one difficulty level and then becomes next to impossible to score
    on the next level up.

    I do like the game highlight replays that happen after the game ends. Very
    cool.
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 12:31:59 -0400, "Gizzo" <gizzo@sportplanetr.com -
    remove the 'r'> wrote:

    >Got - it - vsync needs to be on. Weird.

    Yea, I had the same problem when I first ran the demo and thx to the
    EA forums found the fix. Never seen a game do that before because of
    vsync and it better be fixed in the final because I run with vsync off
    usually.
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    NightSky 421 wrote:
    > "Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    >
    >>I am sure EA is looking at a fix because the registry hack above affects
    >>all games.
    >>

    > Hope so. It's not like Saitek is some unknown name. If anything, I've read
    > a lot of reviews on the Internet written by people who own the Logitech Dual
    > Action Gamepad and have read one bad review after another. I can't recall
    > the last time I've read so many bad things about a product, and the vast
    > majority of the complaints have to do with lost calibration that can't be
    > corrected. Usually it happens after a short period of time, usually a
    > couple of months. I wanted to buy one, but reading that many bad reviews
    > really scared me off.

    Me too and I was one of the people who had problems with the Logitech
    gamepad but not as bas as the others

    Z replace the gamepad because the left controller stick covering was
    coming off.

    >>The demo is awesome and there is already addons for it including the
    >>ability to change the rules and play a full game.
    >>

    > I tried the demo on my Internet computer here, which does not have a gamepad
    > or speakers currently hooked up. I played it using the keyboard and was
    > better with it than I thought I would be. I had two games in total playing
    > as Tampa Bay each time. I lost the first game 1-0 after an extended
    > shootout in overtime. I won the second game 4-1, with 3 of my goals coming
    > on the one-timer with the shooter right close to the crease on the far post.
    > So far, so good, but if I had a gamepad hooked up to my Internet box, it
    > looks as though I would annihilate the computer on Easy if I was doing that
    > good with the keyboard on only my second game. I'm just hoping this version
    > does not end up like NHL 2004 (or 99 for that matter), where it was easy to
    > score on one difficulty level and then becomes next to impossible to score
    > on the next level up.
    >
    > I do like the game highlight replays that happen after the game ends. Very
    > cool.

    I played using the keyboard before the temp fix was available and I
    played better than I thought too.
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    > NightSky 421 wrote:
    >> "Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I am sure EA is looking at a fix because the registry hack above affects
    >>>all games.
    >>>

    >> Hope so. It's not like Saitek is some unknown name. If anything, I've
    >> read a lot of reviews on the Internet written by people who own the
    >> Logitech Dual Action Gamepad and have read one bad review after another.
    >> I can't recall the last time I've read so many bad things about a
    >> product, and the vast majority of the complaints have to do with lost
    >> calibration that can't be corrected. Usually it happens after a short
    >> period of time, usually a couple of months. I wanted to buy one, but
    >> reading that many bad reviews really scared me off.
    >>

    > Me too and I was one of the people who had problems with the Logitech
    > gamepad but not as bas as the others
    >
    > Z replace the gamepad because the left controller stick covering was
    > coming off.

    After having a logitech control pad for only about one month (and using it
    just 2-3 times) the left stick basically stopped working altogether. Do you
    know if it's possible to configure things such that the Z pad replaces the
    stick in every game (ie, in the control panel or something?)

    thanks!
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Mark Stahl wrote:
    > "Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    >
    >>NightSky 421 wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message

    >>>Hope so. It's not like Saitek is some unknown name. If anything, I've
    >>>read a lot of reviews on the Internet written by people who own the
    >>>Logitech Dual Action Gamepad and have read one bad review after another.
    >>>I can't recall the last time I've read so many bad things about a
    >>>product, and the vast majority of the complaints have to do with lost
    >>>calibration that can't be corrected. Usually it happens after a short
    >>>period of time, usually a couple of months. I wanted to buy one, but
    >>>reading that many bad reviews really scared me off.
    >>>

    >>Me too and I was one of the people who had problems with the Logitech
    >>gamepad but not as bas as the others
    >>
    >>Z replace the gamepad because the left controller stick covering was
    >>coming off.
    >>

    > After having a logitech control pad for only about one month (and using it
    > just 2-3 times) the left stick basically stopped working altogether. Do you
    > know if it's possible to configure things such that the Z pad replaces the
    > stick in every game (ie, in the control panel or something?)
    >
    > thanks!

    the hack affects all games.
  14. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    > Mark Stahl wrote:
    >> "Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message

    >>>Me too and I was one of the people who had problems with the Logitech
    >>>gamepad but not as bas as the others
    >>>
    >>>Z replace the gamepad because the left controller stick covering was
    >>>coming off.
    >>>

    >> After having a logitech control pad for only about one month (and using
    >> it just 2-3 times) the left stick basically stopped working altogether.
    >> Do you know if it's possible to configure things such that the Z pad
    >> replaces the stick in every game (ie, in the control panel or something?)
    >>
    >> thanks!
    > the hack affects all games.

    Yeah. What I'm asking is.... what hack?
  15. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Mark Stahl wrote:
    > "Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    >
    >>Mark Stahl wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message

    >>>After having a logitech control pad for only about one month (and using
    >>>it just 2-3 times) the left stick basically stopped working altogether.
    >>>Do you know if it's possible to configure things such that the Z pad
    >>>replaces the stick in every game (ie, in the control panel or something?)
    >>>
    >>>thanks!
    >>
    >>the hack affects all games.
    >

    > Yeah. What I'm asking is.... what hack?

    this one
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports/tree/browse_frm/thread/e686c33e8c53d9ca/f68653c4a0fc8fb4?rnum=1&hl=en&q=dsgambelluri@shaw.ca&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fcomp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports%2Fbrowse_frm%2Fthread%2Fe686c33e8c53d9ca%2F30349f653a3f759f%3Flnk%3Dst%26q%3Ddsgambelluri@shaw.ca%26rnum%3D1%26hl%3Den%26#doc_15ccc795cc7cf2ab
  16. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    > Mark Stahl wrote:
    >> "Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message

    >>>the hack affects all games.
    >>

    >> Yeah. What I'm asking is.... what hack?
    > this one
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports/tree/browse_frm/thread/e686c33e8c53d9ca/f68653c4a0fc8fb4?rnum=1&hl=en&q=dsgambelluri@shaw.ca&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fcomp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports%2Fbrowse_frm%2Fthread%2Fe686c33e8c53d9ca%2F30349f653a3f759f%3Flnk%3Dst%26q%3Ddsgambelluri@shaw.ca%26rnum%3D1%26hl%3Den%26#doc_15ccc795cc7cf2ab

    I thought that was the hack to enable the Saitek gamepad, not to replace the
    left analog stick with the Z-pad. What am I missing here?
  17. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Mark Stahl wrote:
    > "Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    >
    >>Mark Stahl wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message

    >>>Yeah. What I'm asking is.... what hack?
    >>
    >>this one
    >>http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports/tree/browse_frm/thread/e686c33e8c53d9ca/f68653c4a0fc8fb4?rnum=1&hl=en&q=dsgambelluri@shaw.ca&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fcomp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports%2Fbrowse_frm%2Fthread%2Fe686c33e8c53d9ca%2F30349f653a3f759f%3Flnk%3Dst%26q%3Ddsgambelluri@shaw.ca%26rnum%3D1%26hl%3Den%26#doc_15ccc795cc7cf2ab
    >

    > I thought that was the hack to enable the Saitek gamepad, not to replace the
    > left analog stick with the Z-pad. What am I missing here?

    the hack was to stop the player from doing 360s for no reason at all
    when the player had the puck for users of Saitek gamepads. The game
    supported Saitek gamepads as that is what is in the game's readme file.
  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    > Mark Stahl wrote:
    >> "Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message

    >>>this one
    >>>http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports/tree/browse_frm/thread/e686c33e8c53d9ca/f68653c4a0fc8fb4?rnum=1&hl=en&q=dsgambelluri@shaw.ca&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fcomp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports%2Fbrowse_frm%2Fthread%2Fe686c33e8c53d9ca%2F30349f653a3f759f%3Flnk%3Dst%26q%3Ddsgambelluri@shaw.ca%26rnum%3D1%26hl%3Den%26#doc_15ccc795cc7cf2ab
    >>

    >> I thought that was the hack to enable the Saitek gamepad, not to replace
    >> the left analog stick with the Z-pad. What am I missing here?
    > the hack was to stop the player from doing 360s for no reason at all when
    > the player had the puck for users of Saitek gamepads. The game supported
    > Saitek gamepads as that is what is in the game's readme file.

    Yeah, I know. What I was wondering was this:

    It's a different issue altogether. I just noticed you'd written this:

    at some point and was wondering how you'd done it.
  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Mark Stahl wrote:
    > "Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    >
    >>Mark Stahl wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message

    >>>I thought that was the hack to enable the Saitek gamepad, not to replace
    >>>the left analog stick with the Z-pad. What am I missing here?
    >>
    >>the hack was to stop the player from doing 360s for no reason at all when
    >>the player had the puck for users of Saitek gamepads. The game supported
    >>Saitek gamepads as that is what is in the game's readme file.
    >

    > Yeah, I know. What I was wondering was this:

    > It's a different issue altogether. I just noticed you'd written this:

    this was for the Logitech Dual Action Pad itself and was not due to any
    game but the controller itself. It also had a very bad calibration
    problem too.

    > at some point and was wondering how you'd done it.

  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    > Mark Stahl wrote:
    >> "Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message

    >>>the hack was to stop the player from doing 360s for no reason at all when
    >>>the player had the puck for users of Saitek gamepads. The game supported
    >>>Saitek gamepads as that is what is in the game's readme file.
    >>

    >> Yeah, I know. What I was wondering was this:

    >> It's a different issue altogether. I just noticed you'd written this:

    > this was for the Logitech Dual Action Pad itself and was not due to any
    > game but the controller itself. It also had a very bad calibration
    > problem too.
    >

    >> at some point and was wondering how you'd done it.

    LOL, nevermind. Thanks anyway.

PC gaming Games Video Games