MN-500 Router loses settings

OK, here goes. I've had the router for about 6 months
now. Ever since I had it, I always had to reset the
router about twice a day, because my net connection would
be down. Machines on the network could still access
files on each others shares, but no machines could access
the internet. I noticed that others had the same
problem, and weren't able to resolve it, so I just dealt
with it. Now, however, I'm having a worse problem. I
have all my custom settings for the router backed up to a
config.bin file, and have to constantly reload it,
because every time I reset the router to fix the dropped
internet connection, it loses all my custom settings
(including password and port forwarding). I have to
enter the default password again to login. Anyone know
what might cause the device to constantly lose it's
settings any time it's unplugged or reset.
2 answers Last reply
More about router loses settings

    THe First problem is most likely because you are using PPPoE & your ISP
    is sending a PADT.

    The solution for this is to set an auto disconnect and enable the
    reconnect feature.

    Also I've posted this countless times on this newsgroup.

    I wish someone else would realize there is a problem with how the router
    deals with a PADT.

    Azuravian wrote:
    > OK, here goes. I've had the router for about 6 months
    > now. Ever since I had it, I always had to reset the
    > router about twice a day, because my net connection would
    > be down. Machines on the network could still access
    > files on each others shares, but no machines could access
    > the internet. I noticed that others had the same
    > problem, and weren't able to resolve it, so I just dealt
    > with it. Now, however, I'm having a worse problem. I
    > have all my custom settings for the router backed up to a
    > config.bin file, and have to constantly reload it,
    > because every time I reset the router to fix the dropped
    > internet connection, it loses all my custom settings
    > (including password and port forwarding). I have to
    > enter the default password again to login. Anyone know
    > what might cause the device to constantly lose it's
    > settings any time it's unplugged or reset.

    Nope. I'm using Dynamic, not PPPoE. Also, I all my
    machines are wired connections, not wireless.

Routers Networking