MN-500 Router loses settings

OK, here goes. I've had the router for about 6 months
now. Ever since I had it, I always had to reset the
router about twice a day, because my net connection would
be down. Machines on the network could still access
files on each others shares, but no machines could access
the internet. I noticed that others had the same
problem, and weren't able to resolve it, so I just dealt
with it. Now, however, I'm having a worse problem. I
have all my custom settings for the router backed up to a
config.bin file, and have to constantly reload it,
because every time I reset the router to fix the dropped
internet connection, it loses all my custom settings
(including password and port forwarding). I have to
enter the default password again to login. Anyone know
what might cause the device to constantly lose it's
settings any time it's unplugged or reset.

joker

THe First problem is most likely because you are using PPPoE & your ISP
is sending a PADT.

The solution for this is to set an auto disconnect and enable the
reconnect feature.

Also I've posted this countless times on this newsgroup.

I wish someone else would realize there is a problem with how the router
deals with a PADT.

Azuravian wrote:
> OK, here goes. I've had the router for about 6 months
> now. Ever since I had it, I always had to reset the
> router about twice a day, because my net connection would
> be down. Machines on the network could still access
> files on each others shares, but no machines could access
> the internet. I noticed that others had the same
> problem, and weren't able to resolve it, so I just dealt
> with it. Now, however, I'm having a worse problem. I
> have all my custom settings for the router backed up to a
> config.bin file, and have to constantly reload it,
> because every time I reset the router to fix the dropped
> internet connection, it loses all my custom settings
> (including password and port forwarding). I have to
> enter the default password again to login. Anyone know
> what might cause the device to constantly lose it's
> settings any time it's unplugged or reset.

Nope. I'm using Dynamic, not PPPoE. Also, I all my
machines are wired connections, not wireless.