MN-500 Router loses settings

Last response: in Networking
May 26, 2004 1:02:21 AM

OK, here goes. I've had the router for about 6 months
now. Ever since I had it, I always had to reset the
router about twice a day, because my net connection would
be down. Machines on the network could still access
files on each others shares, but no machines could access
the internet. I noticed that others had the same
problem, and weren't able to resolve it, so I just dealt
with it. Now, however, I'm having a worse problem. I
have all my custom settings for the router backed up to a
config.bin file, and have to constantly reload it,
because every time I reset the router to fix the dropped
internet connection, it loses all my custom settings
(including password and port forwarding). I have to
enter the default password again to login. Anyone know
what might cause the device to constantly lose it's
settings any time it's unplugged or reset.
May 26, 2004 2:55:22 AM

THe First problem is most likely because you are using PPPoE & your ISP
is sending a PADT.

The solution for this is to set an auto disconnect and enable the
reconnect feature.

Also I've posted this countless times on this newsgroup.

I wish someone else would realize there is a problem with how the router
deals with a PADT.

Azuravian wrote:
> OK, here goes. I've had the router for about 6 months
> now. Ever since I had it, I always had to reset the
> router about twice a day, because my net connection would
> be down. Machines on the network could still access
> files on each others shares, but no machines could access
> the internet. I noticed that others had the same
> problem, and weren't able to resolve it, so I just dealt
> with it. Now, however, I'm having a worse problem. I
> have all my custom settings for the router backed up to a
> config.bin file, and have to constantly reload it,
> because every time I reset the router to fix the dropped
> internet connection, it loses all my custom settings
> (including password and port forwarding). I have to
> enter the default password again to login. Anyone know
> what might cause the device to constantly lose it's
> settings any time it's unplugged or reset.
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 9:05:22 AM

Nope. I'm using Dynamic, not PPPoE. Also, I all my
machines are wired connections, not wireless.

!