Andrew

I was going to buy it, so I d/l'ed the demo. This game hurts my
brain! It's more fun to go to work! I'll pass.

But it is a very detailed game and a user friendly GUI, if this is
what your looking for, I recomend it. Just not my cup of tea, as
those people say.

Thanks.

"Andrew" <sde@oppo.com> wrote in message
>I was going to buy it, so I d/l'ed the demo. This game hurts my brain! It's
>more fun to go to work! I'll pass.
>
> But it is a very detailed game and a user friendly GUI, if this is what
> your looking for, I recomend it. Just not my cup of tea, as those people
> say.
>
> Thanks.

For those of us less enlightened, what is "HOI"?

> But it is a very detailed game and a user friendly GUI, if this is
> what your looking for, I recomend it. Just not my cup of tea, as
> those people say.

I'm finding it totally addicting, but I can understand someone who sees it
more like a "work": basically you take the job of the Leader of a superpower
during WWII.

Also, a good knowledge of the period helps, since many concepts are already
in your brain (I do know, for example, that Savoia-Marchetti is good in
making airplanes, or which strategic mistakes Italy should not do again). I
find "Victoria" an harder game to play because my knowledge of the 1800-1900
period is much more limited.

hermann

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2004

> For those of us less enlightened, what is "HOI"?

Hearts of Iron. Grand strategy WW2 RTS - basicly Europa Universalis in a new
dress.

http://www.heartsofiron2.com/

"Hermann" <hr_hesse@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Hearts of Iron. Grand strategy WW2 RTS - basicly Europa Universalis in a
> new
> dress.
>
> http://www.heartsofiron2.com/

Thanks!

> Also, a good knowledge of the period helps, since many concepts are
> already
> in your brain (I do know, for example, that Savoia-Marchetti is good in
> making airplanes, or which strategic mistakes Italy should not do again).
> find "Victoria" an harder game to play because my knowledge of the
> 1800-1900
> period is much more limited.

O_O''

Il Beretta esiste ancora...

;D

Saluti ;)

--
Getix "Il Cromista", PPPPP (Pilota Portato Per Pericolose Pirlate), (20, 90,
MI) IDANNATO N°1

Q: Are we not men? A: We are Hermann!
> > For those of us less enlightened, what is "HOI"?
>
> Hearts of Iron. Grand strategy WW2 RTS - basicly Europa Universalis in a new
> dress.
>
> http://www.heartsofiron2.com/

Speaking of which, while the URL you gave works fine, Paradox's main
site has been unavailable for days, at least for me. Anyone know if
they've moved or something?

> O_O''
>
> Il Beretta esiste ancora...
>
> ;D

Mai sparito :eek:)

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Jeff Heikkinen" <no.way@jose.org> wrote in message
> Q: Are we not men? A: We are Hermann!
>> > For those of us less enlightened, what is "HOI"?
>>
>> Hearts of Iron. Grand strategy WW2 RTS - basicly Europa Universalis in a
>> new
>> dress.
>>
>> http://www.heartsofiron2.com/
>
> Speaking of which, while the URL you gave works fine, Paradox's main
> site has been unavailable for days, at least for me. Anyone know if
> they've moved or something?

I haven't been able to get it either.