need 19" gaming/moie panel.. is sceptre any good?

Phrozt

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
Ok, so for my birthday I got 2 big things.. a set of tools cuz I'm living on my own, anda flat panel (these are from my parents). Because they are computer illiterate, I choose the flat panel. They said I could get a 17" or 19" if it was cheap. I've been trying to read as many reviews as I can and am not satisfied with price vs. specs at the moment. One I DID find that seemed really great was teh Sceptre Naga-II x9s, you can find specs on it here:

http://www.sceptre.com/Products/LCD/Specifications/spec_x9sNagaII.htm

Rolling in at $546 from newegg.com, this seems like my best bet... I'd like to hear your imput on the subject :)

turmania

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2004
i checked the specs, price is good for a 19" but its not for gaming and movies. u need at least 16 ms response time or some 20 ms response times. best 19" at the momnt is i think samsung 193p it might be a bit more exoensive but its worth the money. if you need 17" there are many good ones. i prefer iiyama's. they are good for gaming check them on newegg. but makesure you get one with no dead pixels i prefer to buy lcd's from a local shop maybe a bit more expensive but than i get the chance to check if it has dead pixels or not. in newegg you cant and they have 8 dead pixel return policy so yo shouldnt take that chance.

Stickx

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2004
Lower response is generally better. The specs show your sceptre to have a 25 ms response. Better read some of the evaluations in the monitor section on THG for a thorough discussion of the response times - the manufacturers specs aren't telling the whole truth.

Aciv

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2004
That's 15 ms rise and 10 ms fall (in other words, for the pixel to untwist and twist in order to change colors) for a total of 25 ms.

Phrozt

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
That's what I was afraid of :/. In light of this, what would be a better monitor to go for?? I'm looking sub $600 prices for a 19 inch..

the_Prisoner

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
Great advice on not to buy LCDs online. It is like buying speakers online. Look and listen before buying. Support your local computer shop!

the Prisoner

I'm not a number, I'm a free man! :mad: