What turn based games are upcoming?

As usual, the list is rather small:

1. Civ 4
2. HOMM5--I don't think it's been officially announced
3. Galciv2 (and maybe Stardock will do redo MOM eventually).
Please add to the list!

On 24 Jan 2005 14:40:17 -0800, "JHawk" <brycej@truman.edu> wrote:

>As usual, the list is rather small:
>
>1. Civ 4
>2. HOMM5--I don't think it's been officially announced
>3. Galciv2 (and maybe Stardock will do redo MOM eventually).
>Please add to the list!

Legion 2 from Slitherine looks good

JHawk wrote:
> As usual, the list is rather small:
>
> 1. Civ 4
> 2. HOMM5--I don't think it's been officially announced
> 3. Galciv2 (and maybe Stardock will do redo MOM eventually).
> Please add to the list!

I'm not sure if this is a wargame or strategy game, but Gary Grisby's
"World at War"

http://www.worldatwaronline.com/

Might also just be online. I dunno.

"JHawk" <brycej@truman.edu> wrote in message
> 2. HOMM5--I don't think it's been officially announced

Hello, what's this now? Any links, official or otherwise?

Tom

"JHawk" <brycej@truman.edu> wrote in news:1106606417.532386.152150
@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> As usual, the list is rather small:
>
> 1. Civ 4
> 2. HOMM5--I don't think it's been officially announced
> 3. Galciv2 (and maybe Stardock will do redo MOM eventually).
> Please add to the list!

Dominions 3
Space Empires V
VGA Planets 4 (Ive been waiting years for that one)

Gandalf Parker

>Dominions 3
>Space Empires V
>VGA Planets 4 (Ive been waiting years for that one)

Don't forget:

Stars: will someone please pay for this?

Sorry, that's not it's real name, I know. :)

C//

"JHawk" <brycej@truman.edu> wrote in

> As usual, the list is rather small:
>
> 1. Civ 4
> 2. HOMM5--I don't think it's been officially announced
> 3. Galciv2 (and maybe Stardock will do redo MOM eventually).
> Please add to the list!
Dominions 3 :)) (hopefully by the end of the year)

Parker, do you have any more info on SEV? I played 4 quite a bit a
few years ago and it's good, but I have trouble getting back into it,
even with turning the tactical battles off.

mute

"Tom Meyer" <fake@email.address> wrote in message
> "JHawk" <brycej@truman.edu> wrote in message
>> 2. HOMM5--I don't think it's been officially announced
>
> Hello, what's this now? Any links, official or otherwise?
>
> Tom

http://www.strategyplanet.com/homm/homm5/h5earlyinfo.shtml for a bit of info
and a few screenshots

http://www.celestialheavens.com/ for the forums.

Ubisoft brought the Might & Magic franchise when 3DO were sent west - and
they've been working on Homm V for about 12 months - but it seems they
aren't really ready to announce anything yet.

Here's hoping that EA doesn't suceed in a hostile takeover before they
finish......

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:49:07 -0800, D-Rider <unknown@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>Legion 2 from Slitherine looks good

Legion 1 was rubbish so I don't have any hopes for 2.

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:58:39 -0800, It's me <me@here.noemail> wrote:

>On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:49:07 -0800, D-Rider <unknown@nowhere.com>
>wrote:
>

>>Legion 2 from Slitherine looks good
>
>Legion 1 was rubbish so I don't have any hopes for 2.

The game system begun in Legion has been significantly enhanced in
each new game in the system: Chariots of War, Spartan and Gates of
Troy. Legion 2 is the next enhancement, building on Gates of Troy and
adding new features like the ability to found cities, hidden map
exploration and random map generation. I too did not care for Legion
but have enjoyed each successive game, and am looking forward to the
changes promised in Legion 2.

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:18:27 -0800, D-Rider <unknown@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>The game system begun in Legion has been significantly enhanced in
>each new game in the system: Chariots of War, Spartan and Gates of
>Troy. Legion 2 is the next enhancement, building on Gates of Troy and
>adding new features like the ability to found cities, hidden map
>exploration and random map generation. I too did not care for Legion
>but have enjoyed each successive game, and am looking forward to the
>changes promised in Legion 2.

OK, maybe they have revamped it to a decent game then. I bought Legion
Gold though and felt like I was playing a Tiddlywinks level game.

KAOS

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 01:23:20 GMT, Gandalf Parker
<gandalf@most.of.my.favorite.sites> dared speak in front of ME:

>"JHawk" <brycej@truman.edu> wrote in news:1106606417.532386.152150
>@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
>
>> As usual, the list is rather small:
>>
>> 1. Civ 4
>> 2. HOMM5--I don't think it's been officially announced
>> 3. Galciv2 (and maybe Stardock will do redo MOM eventually).
>> Please add to the list!
>
>Dominions 3

Already?

--
Address no longer works.
try removing all numbers from

"littlemute" <littlemute@woodenmen.org> wrote in

> Parker, do you have any more info on SEV? I played 4 quite a bit a
> few years ago and it's good, but I have trouble getting back into it,
> even with turning the tactical battles off.

Check out the many player MODs. Definetly adds alot of life to the game for
me. Especially wandering space monsters and much larger maps to play on

As for news of SEV all I know is various wishlists and updates from the
developer which end up on the ShrapnelGames.com forums. You can get info on
MODs there also

Gandalf Parker

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:19:11 GMT, "Ironhand" <ironhand@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>http://www.strategyplanet.com/homm/homm5/h5earlyinfo.shtml for a bit of info
>and a few screenshots
>
>http://www.celestialheavens.com/ for the forums.
>
>Ubisoft brought the Might & Magic franchise when 3DO were sent west - and
>they've been working on Homm V for about 12 months - but it seems they
>aren't really ready to announce anything yet.
>
>Here's hoping that EA doesn't suceed in a hostile takeover before they
>finish......

It may be that they aren't ready to announce anything yet because H5
is destined to be vaporware...[Hope I'm wrong but I am not confident]

"John DiFool" <sorry@spammerscrewedme.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:19:11 GMT, "Ironhand" <ironhand@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >http://www.strategyplanet.com/homm/homm5/h5earlyinfo.shtml for a bit of
info
> >and a few screenshots

Oh God, I hope that corny archangel with the giant cross sword doesn't
epitomize the style of the game.

dweeb

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2004

"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in

> JHawk wrote:
>> As usual, the list is rather small:
>>
>> 1. Civ 4
>> 2. HOMM5--I don't think it's been officially announced
>> 3. Galciv2 (and maybe Stardock will do redo MOM eventually).
>> Please add to the list!
>
> I'm not sure if this is a wargame or strategy game,

I'm pretty sure wargames are strategy games.

Kaos <kaos@ecn.ab.ca> wrote in news:5u5dv0hnrolcpr7ndfdd81i3b96ptq7862@
4ax.com:

> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 01:23:20 GMT, Gandalf Parker
> <gandalf@most.of.my.favorite.sites> dared speak in front of ME:
>
>>"JHawk" <brycej@truman.edu> wrote in news:1106606417.532386.152150
>>@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
>>
>>> As usual, the list is rather small:
>>>
>>> 1. Civ 4
>>> 2. HOMM5--I don't think it's been officially announced
>>> 3. Galciv2 (and maybe Stardock will do redo MOM eventually).
>>> Please add to the list!
>>
>>Dominions 3
>
> Already?

Yep, major advances. There are most likely not going to be any more
patches to Dom2 at all. Dom3 is not quite up to beta yet but seems to be
getting close. The Dom2 beta forum has fallen to a drooling pack of
"whats up with Dom3" tidbits which keeps it in my radar. (dont ask, Im
not authorised to tell anything Ive seen there)

Gandalf Parker

They've been playing a lot of Guilty Gear XX I guess.

KAOS

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 00:02:50 GMT, Gandalf Parker
<gandalf@most.of.my.favorite.sites> dared speak in front of ME:

>Kaos <kaos@ecn.ab.ca> wrote in news:5u5dv0hnrolcpr7ndfdd81i3b96ptq7862@
>4ax.com:
>
>> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 01:23:20 GMT, Gandalf Parker
>> <gandalf@most.of.my.favorite.sites> dared speak in front of ME:
>>
>>>"JHawk" <brycej@truman.edu> wrote in news:1106606417.532386.152150
>>>@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

>>>Dominions 3
>>
>> Already?
>
>Yep, major advances. There are most likely not going to be any more
>patches to Dom2 at all. Dom3 is not quite up to beta yet but seems to be
>getting close. The Dom2 beta forum has fallen to a drooling pack of
>"whats up with Dom3" tidbits which keeps it in my radar. (dont ask, Im
>not authorised to tell anything Ive seen there)

Hrm.
I'd been planning on still joining the Dom2 crowd as a latecomer, but
now it sounds like I might want to hold my cash and wait for Dom3.

--

"JHawk" <brycej@truman.edu> a écrit dans le message de news:
1106606417.532386.152150@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> As usual, the list is rather small:
>
> 1. Civ 4
> 2. HOMM5--I don't think it's been officially announced
> 3. Galciv2 (and maybe Stardock will do redo MOM eventually).
> Please add to the list!

SSG's Decisive Battles of WW2 vol. 3 (Sicily, Salerno, Anzio).

Gandalf, the company that puts up Dominions 2 might want to consider
knocking down their price as we get closer to Dominions 3 in order to
get some customers into the fold. It's hard to pay full price for a
game when the sequel is coming out.

"JHawk" <brycej@truman.edu> wrote in news:1107305986.901460.152640
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Gandalf, the company that puts up Dominions 2 might want to consider
> knocking down their price as we get closer to Dominions 3 in order to
> get some customers into the fold. It's hard to pay full price for a
> game when the sequel is coming out.

Good point. I will pass it on.

Gandalf Parker