I have been experiencing a very weird problem for the last couple of months.
While I am using my computer, the screen turns BLACK out of the blues. I tried to figure out this problem. I realized that my monitor just TURNS OFF as if I shut down my computer WHILE the computer is actually still working. And the monitor’s power indicator “green colored” keeps blinking (= power saving mode) instead of glowing green (= normal operation).
I tried the Power Options from the Control Panel and I set the “Turn off monitor”, “Turn off hard disks” and System standby to NEVER. But it didn’t solve the problem.
I used to have a CRT 17 inch LG Flatron ez T710BH. I recently bought an LCD Samsung SyncMaster 172t. And I still have the same problem, so it is obviously not related to the monitor.
My graphics card is ATI Radeon 9500 PRO.
One more thing which might be causing this hardware conflict … When I double click my surround mixer … It says “SB Audigy 2 [B000]” and sometimes “SB Audigy 2 ”. Notice the “B” & the “6” … What could be possibly causing this?
I have a Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 (6.1) and it works fine both ways.
Finally here is my full rig:
- GA-8KNXP motherboard 875P
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8C GHz with 800MHz FSB supporting HT
- Kingston Value RAM KVR400X64C3AK2/512 Dual Channel Memory
- Aopen case H500A with Q-TEC PSU 550WP
- Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 120 GB 7200 RPM ATA/133 2MB buffer
- Seagate U series ST340810A 40GB 5400 RPM Ultra ATA/100 2MB Buffer (my old hard drive)
- ATI Radeon 9500 PRO 128 MB AGP 8X/4X BUS
- Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2
- Liteon 48x24x48x CD-RW & 16X DVD-ROM Combo
- Asus 52x CD-ROM (my old CD-ROM)
- D-Link PCI 56k Modem
- Thomson SpeedTouch 330 DSL Modem (USB)
- Creative Inspire 6.1 6600 Speakers
- Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop (Keyboard & Mouse)
- Samsung SyncMaster 172t.
Any help would be greatly appreciated concerning the monitor and the sound card problem.