Is Sims 2 Any better?

I am wondering if The Sims 2 is any better as far as if you still have
to direct your sims for every single task such as going out to the car
that picks you up for work, to going to the bathroom.
The building parts of the game I always enjoyed. It's just starts to
get boring after a few hours of doing the same things over again while
having to tell your sims everything. I know this is a strategy game,
but I think the game would have been much better if they would have
given the sims more brains. Things like work and bathroom needs should
be automatic always. You could still have control of TV Time, Food,
computer time, and such...
anyone agree? -Sam
3 answers Last reply
More about sims better
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    SamuelF566@AOL.COM wrote:
    > I am wondering if The Sims 2 is any better as far as if you still
    have
    > to direct your sims for every single task such as going out to the
    car
    > that picks you up for work, to going to the bathroom.
    <snip>

    Hmmmm. I never had to do that in the original. The Sims 2 is basically
    the same as the original. Both basically use a fairly simple scripting
    language, which runs through if-then loops.

    For instance:

    If Sim Bladder is low, then run the look for bathroom subroutine.
    If Sim is bored, then run the look for entertainment subroutine.

    So in theory, they should do things automatically when they needs get
    low. But they sometimes don't, because if you tell them to do certain
    things, they usually will do that until you make them stop. Sims
    invited over and not controlled by you will do things on their own.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    >I am wondering if The Sims 2 is any better as far as if you still have
    > to direct your sims for every single task such as going out to the car
    > that picks you up for work, to going to the bathroom.
    > The building parts of the game I always enjoyed. It's just starts to
    > get boring after a few hours of doing the same things over again while
    > having to tell your sims everything. I know this is a strategy game,
    > but I think the game would have been much better if they would have
    > given the sims more brains. Things like work and bathroom needs should
    > be automatic always. You could still have control of TV Time, Food,
    > computer time, and such...
    > anyone agree? -Sam

    You can have the AI control and free will option on. But if you are into
    roleplay them and build up character relationship etc, that can be fatal.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    The AI in The Sims 2 is somewhat better than the original Sims. It still
    requires a fair amount of micromanagement though, for optimum results.

PC gaming Sims Games Video Games