Is Sims 2 Any better?

Last response: in Video Games
January 26, 2005 11:17:56 PM

I am wondering if The Sims 2 is any better as far as if you still have
to direct your sims for every single task such as going out to the car
that picks you up for work, to going to the bathroom.
The building parts of the game I always enjoyed. It's just starts to
get boring after a few hours of doing the same things over again while
having to tell your sims everything. I know this is a strategy game,
but I think the game would have been much better if they would have
given the sims more brains. Things like work and bathroom needs should
be automatic always. You could still have control of TV Time, Food,
computer time, and such...
anyone agree? -Sam

More about : sims

Anonymous
January 27, 2005 6:18:52 PM

SamuelF566@AOL.COM wrote:
> I am wondering if The Sims 2 is any better as far as if you still
have
> to direct your sims for every single task such as going out to the
car
> that picks you up for work, to going to the bathroom.
<snip>

Hmmmm. I never had to do that in the original. The Sims 2 is basically
the same as the original. Both basically use a fairly simple scripting
language, which runs through if-then loops.

For instance:

If Sim Bladder is low, then run the look for bathroom subroutine.
If Sim is bored, then run the look for entertainment subroutine.

So in theory, they should do things automatically when they needs get
low. But they sometimes don't, because if you tell them to do certain
things, they usually will do that until you make them stop. Sims
invited over and not controlled by you will do things on their own.
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 10:42:19 PM

>I am wondering if The Sims 2 is any better as far as if you still have
> to direct your sims for every single task such as going out to the car
> that picks you up for work, to going to the bathroom.
> The building parts of the game I always enjoyed. It's just starts to
> get boring after a few hours of doing the same things over again while
> having to tell your sims everything. I know this is a strategy game,
> but I think the game would have been much better if they would have
> given the sims more brains. Things like work and bathroom needs should
> be automatic always. You could still have control of TV Time, Food,
> computer time, and such...
> anyone agree? -Sam

You can have the AI control and free will option on. But if you are into
roleplay them and build up character relationship etc, that can be fatal.
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 1:45:40 AM

The AI in The Sims 2 is somewhat better than the original Sims. It still
requires a fair amount of micromanagement though, for optimum results.
!