p4pe & corsair xms3200LL

acadia

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2003
anyone have problems running the p4pe with xms3200LL 512mb ddr dimm? I have asus p4pe black pearl edition, and I'm trying to figure out if I got bad memory or a bad board?

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
What is the exact nature of your problems? Is it not stable at certain settings, or does it just not work at all? What other information about your system can you divulge?

<font color=blue><pre>If you don't give me accurate and complete system specs
then I can't give you an accurate and complete answer.</pre><p></font color=blue>

acadia

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2003
No, I don't know if it's the ram, just I heard rumors about the ram and this board, but heres the new issue.

Ok, I'm trying to build my new box, and either I've become really stupid since I haven't built a new box since the ppga 366 cely or there is something wrong with this equipment.

Here goes.
I'm attempting to put together a P4 2.53 and asus p4pe black perl edition with XMS 3200LL and asus ti4200 128MB, that's all I've got in the system, and enermax EG365-VE FCA 350 watt power supply. I installed everything the fan on the cpu whizzes but nothing comes up on the screen, I hear no audio, no beeps, no speech or nothing at boot up, so I think let's clear the cmos, I follow the book move the jumpers wait 10 secs, move jumper back to default, and now the power light etc ... come on the board, but nothing, no fan whizz, no power light on the case? What the hell just happened? Anyone else run into this problem??

Also, this is the second board with a 2nd stick of ram that I've gotten? I moved the jumper on that board too, and then the same thing happened? But, on either board, I've never heard or seen any parts of a bootup?

Can someone please help me? I here the p4pe doesn't like mem greater than 2700? But it shouldn't matter should it? Anyone else have these sort of issues?

acadia

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2003
Specifically it is the enermax EG365AX-VE (W) FCA 350 Watt power supply.

http://www.enermax.com.tw/product-01.htm

The green power light on the board is on, however, since I attempted to clear the cmos, none of fans come on. NOt the CPU, none, of the fans hooked up to the board, the PSU fan doesnt' come on either. When I hook the PSU up to my other mboard though things are ok.

LumberJack

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
ok well it doesn't sound like it's your PS...

Strip your board down to cpu/ one ram modules. graphics card and hard drive and try to boot.. Check your HSF and make sure it's properly plugged it... the fan may be busted... see what happens.. oh .. one more thing.. chech the switch cable connected to your mobo.. you may have it on reversed!!...

To err is human... to really screw things up you need a computer!

acadia

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2003
I've got it all on some card board now, board, cpu, vide, ram, and it's doing nada. No fan whizzes, etc ... the fan whizzing stoped after i tried to clear the cmos, could this be a bad bios????