Issues W/ TP-LINK USB Adapter

jtx280

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
I've recently assembled a new Windows 7 PC, and I also bought a 150Mbps wireless N Nano USB Adapter. (link: http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?model=TL-WN725N) However, it cannot be recognized by my PC, and I later found out that a driver was missing. I opened 'Devices and Printers', and troubleshot 802.11n NIC, which seemed to be the one I bought. There, its result was that I don't currently have the "802.11n NIC" driver. Since it happens, I can't continue installing and setting it up via setup.exe. What should I do? Are there any more to install? (like drivers...etc)

ngrego

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
That is exactly why you must always install the driver before inserting your new hardware.

Remove the adapter from your pc and insert the install cd. Run the installer and complete the installation via the installer program. Once prompted insert the usb adapter and complete the installation. You should then reboot the PC and it should be OK after that.

OR

If you have the install cd packaged with the adapter, go to device manager and right click on the device listed. Select properties and then the driver tab. There you should see an "Update driver" button. Be sure to have the driver cd in you cd/dvd rom and then press the update driver button. Direct the installation to the driver folder found on cd and then press OK. If a compatible driver is found it should be installed and work.

The first option is the "proper" way to install new (usb) hardware and it should always be done in that order.