Pro Tools Plug In Question

Last response: in Home Audio
February 28, 2005 6:51:10 AM

Hi,

I'm using Pro Tools LE 5.0 on a Mac G4.The Plug ins that came with it have
expired. Now when I try to open the software I get a dialog box that say
each of these plug ins have expired. It is annoying.

First question: Where do I go to trash these expired Plug Ins so the dialog
expiration box doesn't keep coming up.

Second, can I reinstall these plug ins? I didn't get a chance to try them.

Where can I purchase Plug Ins for Pro Tools LE 5.0? Are they very expensive?

Thanks for your help.
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 7:01:04 AM

do a search for "plugins" folder - they'll be in there

once they're expired they're expired

you can get the plugs at digidesign.com

"song writer" <iwritesongs@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:BE47FF40.319C2%iwritesongs@verizon.net...
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Pro Tools LE 5.0 on a Mac G4.The Plug ins that came with it have
> expired. Now when I try to open the software I get a dialog box that say
> each of these plug ins have expired. It is annoying.
>
> First question: Where do I go to trash these expired Plug Ins so the
> dialog
> expiration box doesn't keep coming up.
>
> Second, can I reinstall these plug ins? I didn't get a chance to try them.
>
> Where can I purchase Plug Ins for Pro Tools LE 5.0? Are they very
> expensive?
>
> Thanks for your help.

Anonymous
February 28, 2005 7:14:15 AM

On 2/27/05 11:01 PM, in article
4IwUd.295973$w62.64377@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net, "Iain Fraser"
<strawstud@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> do a search for "plugins" folder - they'll be in there
>
> once they're expired they're expired
>
> you can get the plugs at digidesign.com

Thanks. But I didn't get a chance to try them out yet. Is there a way I can
reinstall them to try them out?
February 28, 2005 3:56:45 PM

song writer wrote:

> Thanks. But I didn't get a chance to try them out yet. Is there a way I can
> reinstall them to try them out?

Probably not. But you could call Digidesign and ask. Have you called them?

PapaNate
March 1, 2005 8:59:05 PM

If, by chance, Digi decides to re-auth your plugs, then do not trash
them from your system. They will have you re-auth through iLok or a
response code. If the box is annoying you, follow this path and just
put the offensive plugs aside in a new folder till later. Name it
something like "unused plugs" Do not trash them or you will need to
re-install them from disc.

Applications>Digidesign>Pro Tools>Plug-Ins Alias

Regards,
Craig K.
Professional Audio Design
craigk@proaudiodesign.com