Performance Difference Treo vs VI660

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I currently have a VI660. I'm considering a Treo 600 or probably the new
650 when it becomes available. I've tried MobiTv on my VI660 and it is very
choppy. The sound is good but the video is pretty bad. I'm wondering if
this is just normal for this service or if it might work better on a phone
with more power? Anyone tried it on other phones? Also, I have been pretty
disappointed in the Web capabilities of the VI660. I guess it's a WAP
browser. Very limited. Anyways I got it for free so I can't complain.
It's sure has made me want more though. Does the Treo have a real browser.
Would I be able to log onto my US Bank checking account and check my balance
like I can on my PC? A little less than two years ago I purchased a nice
laptop. Now I can't wait to have a small handheld that lets me do pretty
much everything so I can leave this thing home :)

Thanks Steve

I can log onto my bank (Wachovia) site with my Treo 600 but layout sometimes
leaves something to be desired. The 650 reportedly will have an improved
browser.
--
Chris Cowles,
Gainesville, FL

"Steve" <someone.somewhere.com> wrote in message
>I currently have a VI660. I'm considering a Treo 600 or probably the new
>650 when it becomes available. I've tried MobiTv on my VI660 and it is
>very choppy. The sound is good but the video is pretty bad. I'm wondering
>if this is just normal for this service or if it might work better on a
>phone with more power? Anyone tried it on other phones? Also, I have been
>pretty disappointed in the Web capabilities of the VI660. I guess it's a
>WAP browser. Very limited. Anyways I got it for free so I can't complain.
>It's sure has made me want more though. Does the Treo have a real browser.
>Would I be able to log onto my US Bank checking account and check my
>balance like I can on my PC? A little less than two years ago I purchased
>a nice laptop. Now I can't wait to have a small handheld that lets me do
>pretty much everything so I can leave this thing home :)
>
> Thanks Steve

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Thanks, I'm looking forward to the new Treo. I just found out looking at
MobiTV.com that they only work with a few phones from Sprint and ATTWS.
Doesn't look like it will work with any smartphone from Sprint. Oh well
it's kind of a novelty anyways. I think it would be great for news in
emergencies though. I was hoping to buy a phone that does it all for
Christmas and be good for a few years. Ha! The way technology is changing
it looks like I might want to budget for a new one each year. :( I wish
Sprint would lower the replacement program time from 18 months to 12.