Sanyo 4900 does not ring if the caller has Caller ID.

Settings - Sounds - Ringer Type - Voice Calls - With Caller ID.

All ringer tones can be heard and selected, but are not saved.

When backing out of the menu five dots are displayed instead of a selected
tone.

I got the phone at the very introduction of the model, but the firmware is a
newer version (1.56SP).

Thanks very much for any advice.

Roy Lanning

"Lanning" <LanningREMOOVE@THIScox.net> wrote in message
> Settings - Sounds - Ringer Type - Voice Calls - With Caller ID.
>
> All ringer tones can be heard and selected, but are not saved.
>
> When backing out of the menu five dots are displayed instead of a selected
> tone.
>
> I got the phone at the very introduction of the model, but the firmware is
> newer version (1.56SP).
>
> Thanks very much for any advice.
>
> Roy Lanning

On my 5300, it shows the same 5 dots, but the specific ringer is saved.
Those five dots are telling you that there are multiple options available in
the setting.

Bob

"| > Settings - Sounds - Ringer Type - Voice Calls - With Caller ID.

| > All ringer tones can be heard and selected, but are not saved.
| >
| > When backing out of the menu five dots are displayed instead of a
selected
| > tone.
| >
| > I got the phone at the very introduction of the model, but the firmware
is
| > newer version (1.56SP).
| >
| > Thanks very much for any advice.
| >
| > Roy Lanning
|
| On my 5300, it shows the same 5 dots, but the specific ringer is saved.
| Those five dots are telling you that there are multiple options available
in
| the setting.
|
| Bob

Thanks, Bob, but it used to show the chosen ringer. And, why wouldn't "No
Caller ID" and "Roaming" (which also have choices) show dots, too?

Roy

> "| > Settings - Sounds - Ringer Type - Voice Calls - With Caller ID.
> | >
> | > All ringer tones can be heard and selected, but are not saved.
> | >
> | > When backing out of the menu five dots are displayed instead of a
> selected
> | > tone.
> | >
> | > I got the phone at the very introduction of the model, but the
firmware
> is
> | > newer version (1.56SP).
> | >
> | > Thanks very much for any advice.
> | >
> | > Roy Lanning
> |
> | On my 5300, it shows the same 5 dots, but the specific ringer is saved.
> | Those five dots are telling you that there are multiple options
available
> in
> | the setting.
> |
> | Bob
>
> Thanks, Bob, but it used to show the chosen ringer. And, why wouldn't "No
> Caller ID" and "Roaming" (which also have choices) show dots, too?
>
> Roy

Don't have a clue why that wouldn't show up. You are on a an older firmware.
Current version is 1.059 SP. You will need to go to your local SPCS store to
get that firmware loaded up and that might fix the problem. If it doesn't,
ask the local folks whether they have any 4900's in stock and see if you can
swap it out, after transferring your ringers, etc.

Bob

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message

| "Lanning" <LanningREMOOVE@THIScox.net> wrote in message
| > "| > Settings - Sounds - Ringer Type - Voice Calls - With Caller ID.

| > selected

| firmware
| > is

| > |
| > | On my 5300, it shows the same 5 dots, but the specific ringer is
saved.
| > | Those five dots are telling you that there are multiple options
| available
| > in
| > | the setting.
| > |
| > | Bob
| >
| > Thanks, Bob, but it used to show the chosen ringer. And, why wouldn't
"No
| > Caller ID" and "Roaming" (which also have choices) show dots, too?
| >
| > Roy
|
| Don't have a clue why that wouldn't show up. You are on a an older
firmware.
| Current version is 1.059 SP. You will need to go to your local SPCS store
| get that firmware loaded up and that might fix the problem. If it doesn't,
| ask the local folks whether they have any 4900's in stock and see if you
can
| swap it out, after transferring your ringers, etc.
|
| Bob

OK. Either would be better than having to buy a new phone which is what I
had expected. Thanks.