Charging problem with Samsung SPH-A660 / VI660...

drew

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.telephones,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Up until recently, my Samsung SPH-A660 / VI660 had been working like a
charm. Recently, I noticed that the battery life isn't what it used
to be. For 6 months, the battery seemed normal, but now it seems like
it drains in under 30 minutes. Moreover, when I attempt to charge the
battery after plugging in the phone at times even after the green
light comes on (indicating that the battery is fully charged) the
battery doesn't seem to get charged after I remove the AC adapter -
the bars indicating charge drop down almost immediately. To make
things even more complicated, this behaviour happens also with a brand
new battery - at times it charges while at other times it doesn't.
When it does charge, all is well. What could the problem be?

Thanks in advance.

"Drew" <google_account@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Up until recently, my Samsung SPH-A660 / VI660 had been working like a
> charm. Recently, I noticed that the battery life isn't what it used
> to be. For 6 months, the battery seemed normal, but now it seems like
> it drains in under 30 minutes. Moreover, when I attempt to charge the
> battery after plugging in the phone at times even after the green
> light comes on (indicating that the battery is fully charged) the
> battery doesn't seem to get charged after I remove the AC adapter -
> the bars indicating charge drop down almost immediately. To make
> things even more complicated, this behaviour happens also with a brand
> new battery - at times it charges while at other times it doesn't.
> When it does charge, all is well. What could the problem be?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Drew

Drew, are you using the battery charger that came with the phone, or
something you bought at Best Buy or some other place? If you are a different
charger, then the problem lies with the charger.

If you are using the charger that came with the phone, then it sounds like
you need to visit your local SPCS store. Take both the phone and charger and
ask them to check it out. It may turn out you've got a bad charger, or a bad
battery, which can be replaced at no charge under your one year warranty.

Bob

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.telephones,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Ha, ha! Good one, Bob! Replacing a bad charger for no charge!

I'll take my puns wherever I can find them, even unintentional ones here
in a.c.s.

"Frank Harris" <frankbhX@XcompuserveX.com> wrote in message
> Ha, ha! Good one, Bob! Replacing a bad charger for no charge!
>
> I'll take my puns wherever I can find them, even unintentional ones here
> in a.c.s.
>
> Bob Smith wrote:
>
> > ask them to check it out. It may turn out you've got a bad charger, or a
bad
> > battery, which can be replaced at no charge under your one year
warranty.

> > Bob
>
> --
> Frank Harris in San Francisco with an A620

Thanks Frank. I see someone read the humor in that one ... :).

Bob