Sanyo SCP-4900

Last response: in Network Providers
October 15, 2004 3:40:28 PM

Hi,

Has anyone found an inexpensive way to get ringers and transfer the
phone book to a PC on the Sanyo SCP-4900? There are plenty of people
selling cables and of course there is that very expensive
cable/software package from Futuredial. I have seen cables for as
little as $12.50 and I know there is a free package called Bitpim. Has
anyone done this successfully?

More about : sanyo scp 4900

Anonymous
October 15, 2004 6:38:25 PM

"Harry Houdini" <fl46m@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone found an inexpensive way to get ringers and transfer the
> phone book to a PC on the Sanyo SCP-4900? There are plenty of people
> selling cables and of course there is that very expensive
> cable/software package from Futuredial. I have seen cables for as
> little as $12.50 and I know there is a free package called Bitpim. Has
> anyone done this successfully?

I've been able to sync the phonebook on my 5300 with BitPim. In saying that,
it's on version 7.15. I run into problems with versions 7.16 to 7.19, with
my Win 2K OS.

Bob
Anonymous
October 16, 2004 4:19:15 AM

Where did you get the cable?

/On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 14:38:25 GMT, "Bob Smith"
<usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:

>"Harry Houdini" <fl46m@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Has anyone found an inexpensive way to get ringers and transfer the
>> phone book to a PC on the Sanyo SCP-4900? There are plenty of people
>> selling cables and of course there is that very expensive
>> cable/software package from Futuredial. I have seen cables for as
>> little as $12.50 and I know there is a free package called Bitpim. Has
>> anyone done this successfully?
>
>I've been able to sync the phonebook on my 5300 with BitPim. In saying that,
>it's on version 7.15. I run into problems with versions 7.16 to 7.19, with
>my Win 2K OS.
>
>Bob

Anonymous
October 16, 2004 4:23:35 AM