Anyone else get a TM from SPCS?

Last response: in Network Providers
October 15, 2004 9:03:59 PM

Just curious whether any one else received a TM from SPCS on the new PRL. We
received it on all three of our phones this morning.

Bob

More about : spcs

Anonymous
October 15, 2004 10:31:21 PM

I didn't, in central Ohio.

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:3qTbd.5129$SZ5.503@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> Just curious whether any one else received a TM from SPCS on the new PRL. We
> received it on all three of our phones this morning.
>
> Bob

Anonymous
October 17, 2004 4:06:06 AM

That's odd I have never received any text messages from Sprint. I
don't get why they would send them to one customer but not another.
*shrug*
October 17, 2004 10:01:23 PM

<larryt510@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1097996766.166445.62280@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> That's odd I have never received any text messages from Sprint. I
> don't get why they would send them to one customer but not another.
> *shrug*

Likewise. In the past five years of having been a Sprint PCS customer
I've never received a text message from them, and neither has my
wife.

--
John Richards
Anonymous

John Richards wrote:

> Likewise. In the past five years of having been a Sprint PCS customer
> I've never received a text message from them, and neither has my
> wife.

If you are late enough with a payment that they disconnect you, they'll send
you a text message saying you're disconnected. Other than that, I don't know of
them sending anything.

October 18, 2004 12:04:33 AM

<larryt510@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1097996766.166445.62280@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> That's odd I have never received any text messages from Sprint. I
> don't get why they would send them to one customer but not another.
> *shrug*

Maybe they like Bob better?
( Apologies to Tom and Dick Smothers :-)
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 2:38:59 AM

Frank, yes that was most likely for 10024 but since your in the Bay
area that shoots down the theory someone else mentioned about Sprint
only sending out text messages to people who are in areas affected by
the update. 10024 did nothing at all for CA. Neither did 10023.
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 3:23:05 AM

"John R. Copeland" <jcopelan@columbus.rr.aol.com> wrote in message
<larryt510@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> That's odd I have never received any text messages from Sprint. I
> don't get why they would send them to one customer but not another.
> *shrug*

Maybe they like Bob better?
( Apologies to Tom and Dick Smothers :-)

Ya never know ... <eg>

Bob
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 8:21:21 AM

> "John R. Copeland" <jcopelan@columbus.rr.aol.com> wrote in message
> <larryt510@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> That's odd I have never received any text messages from Sprint. I
>> don't get why they would send them to one customer but not another.
>> *shrug*
>>

> Maybe they like Bob better?
> ( Apologies to Tom and Dick Smothers :-)
>
> Ya never know ... <eg>
>
> Bob

Sometimes the PRLs benefit people in a certain part of the country. Maybe
that's why you got a text message and no one else did? I don't know the
specifics of what this update included so I can't say for certain.

Leisa
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 8:21:22 AM

Last June 2004 I got a text msg from Sprint about a new PRL (maybe
10024?) which I already had, thanks to reading about it here in this
newsgroup.

Leisa wrote:
> "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>
>>"John R. Copeland" <jcopelan@columbus.rr.aol.com> wrote in message
>><larryt510@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>That's odd I have never received any text messages from Sprint. I
>>>don't get why they would send them to one customer but not another.
>>>*shrug*
>>>

>>Maybe they like Bob better?
>>( Apologies to Tom and Dick Smothers :-)
>>
>>Ya never know ... <eg>
>>
>>Bob
>>

> Sometimes the PRLs benefit people in a certain part of the country. Maybe
> that's why you got a text message and no one else did? I don't know the
> specifics of what this update included so I can't say for certain.
>
> Leisa

October 18, 2004 11:06:17 AM

What is a prl?

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Just curious whether any one else received a TM from SPCS on the new PRL.
> We
> received it on all three of our phones this morning.
>
> Bob

Anonymous
October 18, 2004 11:06:18 AM

Phillip Devoll <phillipdevoll@yahoo.com> wrote:
> What is a prl?

http://www.phonescoop.com/glossary/term.php?gid=11

Less than 15 seconds of searching on Google, btw. ;)

Kevin M.
"Know your enemy, and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment... Complacency... Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 4:38:29 PM

"Leisa" <lei@spring.com> wrote in message

> "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "John R. Copeland" <jcopelan@columbus.rr.aol.com> wrote in message
> > <larryt510@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> That's odd I have never received any text messages from Sprint. I
> >> don't get why they would send them to one customer but not another.
> >> *shrug*
> >>

> > Maybe they like Bob better?
> > ( Apologies to Tom and Dick Smothers :-)
> >
> > Ya never know ... <eg>
> >
> > Bob
> >

> Sometimes the PRLs benefit people in a certain part of the country. Maybe
> that's why you got a text message and no one else did? I don't know the
> specifics of what this update included so I can't say for certain.
>
> Leisa

True, they did that on earlier PRLs as Frank pointed out. They also sent out
TMs a lot earlier, for those folks who lived in the Southwest near the
Mexican border.

I'm in NC. I was under the impression 10025 applied specifically for
Montana. I'm a bit away from The Big Sky state ... It's possible SPCS
renegotiated some analog roaming agreement in my neck of the woods with some
digital roaming agreements. Either that, or added a new freq. to one cities
in the area.

Bob
October 18, 2004 6:27:15 PM

Phillip Devoll wrote:
> What is a prl?

This is what causes them to charge the $5 for the night and weekend minutes.
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 6:55:55 PM

October 18, 2004 7:54:08 PM

> What are you talking about? A PRL is a preferred roaming list and it
> is installed on every phone [for free]. A user should update this
> from time to time to be sure that they get the best roaming
> capabilities possible.

Read his other post and then you'll understand.
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 8:49:37 PM

Bob,

I have all the details on 10025 and it did not make any changes in your
area (roaming or native). It did however add new digital roaming in
Florida and Texas. Other than that the big change was for Montana
where Sprint now has native coverage of their own via a partnership
with Western Wireless and the Qwest towers they picked up.
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 1:25:22 AM

Where in Florida were the changes effective? Statewide? Or in certain
regions?
--
Chris Cowles,
Gainesville, FL

> Bob,
>
> I have all the details on 10025 and it did not make any changes in your
> area (roaming or native). It did however add new digital roaming in
> Florida and Texas. Other than that the big change was for Montana
> where Sprint now has native coverage of their own via a partnership
> with Western Wireless and the Qwest towers they picked up.
October 19, 2004 5:36:54 AM

I got a text message from them about 2 weeks ago on a Saturday and then the
following weekend about a PRL update for 10025. I called *2 both times and
was told they had unusally long wait times. I finally ended up waiting on
hold for awhile to have them manually flag my phone. You would think that
they would automatically flag your account when they TM you.

I live in Western NY...any updates for around here? Would they send it
based on where you use your phone? Cause I am a truck driver and drive all
over New England, PA, NJ and NYC.
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 6:13:23 AM

"David" <NOSPAM@MYINBOX> wrote in message
> I got a text message from them about 2 weeks ago on a Saturday and then
the
> following weekend about a PRL update for 10025. I called *2 both times and
> was told they had unusally long wait times. I finally ended up waiting on
> hold for awhile to have them manually flag my phone. You would think that
> they would automatically flag your account when they TM you.
>
> I live in Western NY...any updates for around here? Would they send it
> based on where you use your phone? Cause I am a truck driver and drive all
> over New England, PA, NJ and NYC.

No clue David, but you should try it again, once you have 4 bars of signal
strength ... as it should be able to do the download.

Bob
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 6:15:33 AM

<larryt510@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Bob,
>
> I have all the details on 10025 and it did not make any changes in your
> area (roaming or native). It did however add new digital roaming in
> Florida and Texas. Other than that the big change was for Montana
> where Sprint now has native coverage of their own via a partnership
> with Western Wireless and the Qwest towers they picked up.

Thanks for the update Larry.

Bob
October 19, 2004 7:12:21 AM

larryt510@hotmail.com wrote:
> Bob,
>
> I have all the details on 10025 and it did not make any changes in
> your area (roaming or native). It did however add new digital
> roaming in Florida and Texas. Other than that the big change was for
> Montana where Sprint now has native coverage of their own via a
> partnership with Western Wireless and the Qwest towers they picked up.

From the Mountain Wireless website:

4. SPRINT PCS PRL's
-Dual-Band:
10025 Released October, 8, 2004

What's changed in PRL 10025:
-Adds more potential CDMA roaming coverage in CA, NV, TX, SD, OK, MO, IA,
MN, IL, ME, FL, NH & Ecuador.
-Accesses new no-charge roaming for both single- and dual- band phones in
MT.
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 3:09:47 PM

The other thing worth mentioning is that is helps speed up Sprint
signal acquistion in a couple of smaller cities in OH, IL, and Iowa.
!