dom II weirdness

I lost my prophet!

How very odd. Playing man, I think I declared somebody my prophet near
the beginning of the game - a bard or monk i.i.r.c. - but now I cannot
find them anywhere. And I've looked, every single province near my
empire .....

Nor can I declare another. So they are obviously not dead, right?
Certainly not been recently killed - I'd've seen a message about combat
and such, wouldn't I.

Is there any way of locating a missing commander/unit? I know I can do
without them, but this 'bugs' me. ;-)

cheers, -Peter

Peter Huebner wrote:
> I lost my prophet!
>
> How very odd. Playing man, I think I declared somebody my prophet
near
> the beginning of the game - a bard or monk i.i.r.c. - but now I
cannot
> find them anywhere. And I've looked, every single province near my
> empire .....
>
> Nor can I declare another. So they are obviously not dead, right?
> Certainly not been recently killed - I'd've seen a message about
combat
> and such, wouldn't I.
>
> Is there any way of locating a missing commander/unit? I know I can
do
> without them, but this 'bugs' me. ;-)
>
> cheers, -Peter

It takes a few turns (6?) before a new Prophet can be nominated. So the
old one could have bought it shorter than that.

Since Bards and Monks can sneak, they might be hiding in an enemy
province.
Have you tried 'n' to cycle between your commanders?

Alternatively, you could try the nation overview (F1) and look for a
commander icon with a aura or a slightly different coloring than the
others.

I always rename a commander with capitals when giving them special
duties, like being the prophet (PROPHET) or casting a global spell.
Don't want my Gift of Health mage slugging it out in the battlefield...
Makes it easier to keep track of them.

Regards,

von Schmidt

In article <1107942832.773672.43230@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
von_schmidt@mail.com says...

> It takes a few turns (6?) before a new Prophet can be nominated. So the
> old one could have bought it shorter than that.

I knew that ... hence I pointed out that he hadn't got killed any time
recently. I DID rtfm :) but I sure didn't retain all of what I read.

> Since Bards and Monks can sneak, they might be hiding in an enemy
> province.
> Have you tried 'n' to cycle between your commanders?

No I hadn't. I figured there might be a command like that, but I didn't
know what it was.

The 'n' key sure did the trick! Thank you very much.

-P.