Sign in with
Your question

Have no post, display on SINXP w/ Corsair 2700LL?!

Last response: in Memory
March 29, 2003 5:27:30 PM

Anyone have the same issues with compatability with the Gigabyte SINXP1394 and Corsair twin xms 256mb 2700 Low latency modules? Or any 2700 modules. I have heard bad things about 3200 sticks, but corsair recommend this memory for the board.

I have done everything I can and I get no post or any display. I do get fans and even a fan on the video card, and the ram led is on. I have taken everything out and only tried to run video cpu ram, or video cpu ram hard drive, or everything. I have taken out the bios battery to reset bios. I have remounted the board so there are no grounds.

I get no beeps at all, but the hard drive light flashes and the Cd drive will try to access every 3 or 4 seconds. Is it possibly the memory, or does that sound like a bad board problem.

Please help me, I have been bragging to all my friends about this computer. . .

•kc252•
March 31, 2003 2:11:16 PM

i have the same problem but i had my system running and changed the timing on my memory from 2-6-3-3 to 2-5-3-3. stupid and now i have the same problems you are having, i tried everything you did and now nothing. if you find something out can you email me at mr_fix_it_36@yahoo.com thanks and good luck
March 31, 2003 5:15:27 PM

What is your FULL system config.. especially what is your PS rating and brand?... this is not a ram iscolated problem... we need more info...

To err is human... to really screw things up you need a computer!
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b } Memory
April 1, 2003 6:03:36 AM

Hehe, whoever told you not to use PC3200 was an idiot.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>
April 1, 2003 5:41:15 PM

I have a similar issue w/ 2 512MB crucial pc2700 ddr333 modules. (see post under Motherboards & Chipsets). everything runs fine until I install vid card. I suspected a bad memory module, but module runs fine in other system.
April 1, 2003 7:14:20 PM

<pre><b><font color=blue>P</font color=blue>     <font color=purple>o</font color=purple>     <font color=red>w</font color=red>     <font color=purple>e</font color=purple>     <font color=blue>r</font color=blue>         <font color=purple>s</font color=purple>     <font color=red>u</font color=red>     <font color=purple>p</font color=purple>     <font color=blue>p</font color=blue>     <font color=purple>l</font color=purple>     <font color=red>y</font color=red>     <font color=purple>.</font color=purple>     <font color=blue>.</font color=blue>     <font color=purple>.</font color=purple>     <font color=red>.</font color=red></b></pre><p><font color=blue><pre>If you don't give me accurate and complete system specs
then I can't give you an accurate and complete answer.</pre><p></font color=blue>
April 1, 2003 8:07:50 PM

If you are referring to my post, I have a 430w power supply
April 1, 2003 11:02:13 PM

the full specs of the system would be as follows . .

Gigabyte 8SQ800 Ultra 2
Intel Pentium 4 - 2.4GHz 533MHz
Corsair XMS Twin PC2700 256MB DDR 333MHz w/Heat Spreader
Western Digital 'Special Edition' 80GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache
HP CD-RW 9300i Plus
Generic Floppy Drive
ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 9700 Pro
Audigy 2 Platinum Edition
Creative Labs Inspire Series 6.1 6600
Keyboard-2000 Black PS/2Keyboard with 19 Hotkeys
Keyboard-2000 Black Scroll Mouse
Windows 2000 Professional Edition