Samsung SPH-A460 buyback

We switched from Sprint PCS to Verizon a few months ago. Today Sprint
PCS offered us $20 for our old Samsung SPH-A460 cellphone. Has anyone
else received this offer?

Any thoughts why Sprint PCS is trying to get these phones back? A few
possible guesses, they want to use them for repair parts, or resell
them, or prevent some hackers from doing something sneaky/illegal with
them.
5 answers Last reply
More about samsung a460 buyback

    It's a new thing they are doing. They use them as refurb phones when people
    have issues with theirs, they swap them out that way. But it's a damn low
    price they offer, especially since they still charge a lot for some of the
    same models they will buy back.

    "Larry Cipriani" <cbunix23@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > We switched from Sprint PCS to Verizon a few months ago. Today Sprint
    > PCS offered us $20 for our old Samsung SPH-A460 cellphone. Has anyone
    > else received this offer?
    >
    > Any thoughts why Sprint PCS is trying to get these phones back? A few
    > possible guesses, they want to use them for repair parts, or resell
    > them, or prevent some hackers from doing something sneaky/illegal with
    > them.

    I have an A460 in my used phone collection. Whom can I contact at SPCS
    to get $20 for it? Do I just bring it in to an SPCS store? Can I get
    another $20 for all my 3500's combined?

    "Larry Cipriani" <cbunix23@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > We switched from Sprint PCS to Verizon a few months ago. Today Sprint
    > PCS offered us $20 for our old Samsung SPH-A460 cellphone. Has anyone
    > else received this offer?

    I received a letter from them offering $25 credit for my old Samsung N400.

    $20-$25 for a phone, that's really peanuts to offer for a phone imho.
    however, when combined with the upgrade program where one gets $150 if
    you've owned your current phone for more than 18months, that's not a
    bad deal. does anyone know if you can combine the two?

    i will be giving my N400 to my m-i-l cause she dropped and broke the
    brand new phone she got.

    --
    btooth

    btooth wrote:
    > $20-$25 for a phone, that's really peanuts to offer for a phone imho.

    You won't get much more for an older phone (and the A460 is an older phone).
    Don't forget that the carriers discount many of their phones to well under $100
    if you sign or extend a contract.

    > however, when combined with the upgrade program where one gets $150 if
    > you've owned your current phone for more than 18months, that's not a
    > bad deal. does anyone know if you can combine the two?

    Probably not. Why would you want to get a phone that's, what, 2-3 years old,
    when you can get a new one for a similar price?

Sprint PCS Samsung Internet Service Providers Product