Samsung SPH-A460 buyback

Last response: in Network Providers
a b Ô Samsung
October 18, 2004 9:03:36 PM

We switched from Sprint PCS to Verizon a few months ago. Today Sprint
PCS offered us $20 for our old Samsung SPH-A460 cellphone. Has anyone
else received this offer?

Any thoughts why Sprint PCS is trying to get these phones back? A few
possible guesses, they want to use them for repair parts, or resell
them, or prevent some hackers from doing something sneaky/illegal with
them.
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
October 18, 2004 11:07:44 PM

It's a new thing they are doing. They use them as refurb phones when people
have issues with theirs, they swap them out that way. But it's a damn low
price they offer, especially since they still charge a lot for some of the
same models they will buy back.

"Larry Cipriani" <cbunix23@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> We switched from Sprint PCS to Verizon a few months ago. Today Sprint
> PCS offered us $20 for our old Samsung SPH-A460 cellphone. Has anyone
> else received this offer?
>
> Any thoughts why Sprint PCS is trying to get these phones back? A few
> possible guesses, they want to use them for repair parts, or resell
> them, or prevent some hackers from doing something sneaky/illegal with
> them.
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
October 20, 2004 1:17:34 AM

I have an A460 in my used phone collection. Whom can I contact at SPCS
to get $20 for it? Do I just bring it in to an SPCS store? Can I get
another $20 for all my 3500's combined?

a b Ô Samsung
October 20, 2004 3:32:17 AM

"Larry Cipriani" <cbunix23@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> We switched from Sprint PCS to Verizon a few months ago. Today Sprint
> PCS offered us $20 for our old Samsung SPH-A460 cellphone. Has anyone
> else received this offer?

I received a letter from them offering $25 credit for my old Samsung N400.
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
October 28, 2004 3:30:15 AM

$20-$25 for a phone, that's really peanuts to offer for a phone imho.
however, when combined with the upgrade program where one gets $150 if
you've owned your current phone for more than 18months, that's not a
bad deal. does anyone know if you can combine the two?

i will be giving my N400 to my m-i-l cause she dropped and broke the
brand new phone she got.

--
btooth
a b Ô Samsung

btooth wrote:
> $20-$25 for a phone, that's really peanuts to offer for a phone imho.

You won't get much more for an older phone (and the A460 is an older phone).
Don't forget that the carriers discount many of their phones to well under $100
if you sign or extend a contract.

> however, when combined with the upgrade program where one gets $150 if
> you've owned your current phone for more than 18months, that's not a
> bad deal. does anyone know if you can combine the two?

Probably not. Why would you want to get a phone that's, what, 2-3 years old,
when you can get a new one for a similar price?