Bandit Kings of Ancient China II--did it exist?

I have long felt that Bandit Kings of Ancient China (released for the PC and
Amiga, later for consoles) was the best of all the Koei ancient history
games. It seemed to offer a slightly more personal perspective than any of
the versions of the more widely celebrated Romance of the Three Kingdoms
series. I have recently read contradictory accounts about the existence or
nonexistence of a Bandit Kings of Ancient China II. Some say it was released
for Windows 95, others say it was released for the Amiga as early as 1992
but I followed the Amiga very closely in the years 1989-1995 or so and never
came across such a release. Some accounts say it was announced but never
released (either on Amiga or PC).

Does anyone know whether Bandit Kings of Ancient China II was ever released
for the PC?

> I have long felt that Bandit Kings of Ancient China (released for the PC
and
> Amiga, later for consoles) was the best of all the Koei ancient history
> games. It seemed to offer a slightly more personal perspective than any of
> the versions of the more widely celebrated Romance of the Three Kingdoms
> series. I have recently read contradictory accounts about the existence
or
> nonexistence of a Bandit Kings of Ancient China II. Some say it was
released
> for Windows 95, others say it was released for the Amiga as early as 1992
> but I followed the Amiga very closely in the years 1989-1995 or so and
never
> came across such a release. Some accounts say it was announced but never
> released (either on Amiga or PC).
>
> Does anyone know whether Bandit Kings of Ancient China II was ever
released
> for the PC?

http://www.koei.com/forums/index.cfm

There is very active Koei forum and somebody will know answer on your
question there - if you don't get the answer here. I personally don't
remember in spite of being big Koei fan. They made many great games and I
bought PS2 just to play their games, imagine this :)

Mario

In article <tsuPd.31989$Th1.24551@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
kurtz.s@worldnet.att.net says...

> Does anyone know whether Bandit Kings of Ancient China II was ever released
> for the PC?

AFAIK there is not Bandit Kings 2. There are others ... I think Romance
of the Three Kingdoms went into a number of iterations, some of which
are only available on consoles.
IIRC I downloaded a couple of roms and ran them on a NES emulator a year
or two back, but I never really got hooked on them (too much other stuff
to do) and so I am very fuzzy on the details.

-Peter