Treo 600 Login / Cookies problem

I purchased a Treo 600 2 days ago and am not able to login to any
site. I either get a message "The browser you're using refuses to sign
in. (cookies rejected)" or on some sites it merely returns me to the
login page with no error message and the login box again blank. I read
that this problem may be fixed by deleting cookies. When I go to
delete > app there are no cookies to delete. I downloaded and
installed Treo 600 updater version 1.20 as this version is supposed to
correct cookie problems (actually when I did this I received the
message and it doesn't need to be installed as my Treo is completely
up to date).

Any other ideas? If I can't log into these sites, the Treo is
worthless to me as far as web browsing goes.

Thanks,

Paul

Should work........

The file you are looking for to delete is "Web Cookies" - should be
about "20 - 25K" in size

Then next time you log into a site requiring cookies, it will write a
new file.

Chuck Palm

P Bennett wrote:
> I purchased a Treo 600 2 days ago and am not able to login to any
> site. I either get a message "The browser you're using refuses to sign
> in. (cookies rejected)" or on some sites it merely returns me to the
> login page with no error message and the login box again blank. I read
> that this problem may be fixed by deleting cookies. When I go to
> delete > app there are no cookies to delete. I downloaded and
> installed Treo 600 updater version 1.20 as this version is supposed to
> correct cookie problems (actually when I did this I received the
> message and it doesn't need to be installed as my Treo is completely
> up to date).
>
> Any other ideas? If I can't log into these sites, the Treo is
> worthless to me as far as web browsing goes.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul

Try a soft and/or hard reset.

"P Bennett" <hmdist2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I purchased a Treo 600 2 days ago and am not able to login to any
> site. I either get a message "The browser you're using refuses to sign
> in. (cookies rejected)" or on some sites it merely returns me to the
> login page with no error message and the login box again blank. I read
> that this problem may be fixed by deleting cookies. When I go to
> delete > app there are no cookies to delete. I downloaded and
> installed Treo 600 updater version 1.20 as this version is supposed to
> correct cookie problems (actually when I did this I received the
> message and it doesn't need to be installed as my Treo is completely
> up to date).
>
> Any other ideas? If I can't log into these sites, the Treo is
> worthless to me as far as web browsing goes.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul

The hard reset did the trick.

Thank you,

Paul

"Esteban Nunez" <esteban.nunez@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<sQied.221$8R.175@trnddc02>...
> Try a soft and/or hard reset.
>
> "P Bennett" <hmdist2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >I purchased a Treo 600 2 days ago and am not able to login to any
> > site. I either get a message "The browser you're using refuses to sign
> > in. (cookies rejected)" or on some sites it merely returns me to the
> > login page with no error message and the login box again blank. I read
> > that this problem may be fixed by deleting cookies. When I go to
> > delete > app there are no cookies to delete. I downloaded and
> > installed Treo 600 updater version 1.20 as this version is supposed to
> > correct cookie problems (actually when I did this I received the
> > message and it doesn't need to be installed as my Treo is completely
> > up to date).
> >
> > Any other ideas? If I can't log into these sites, the Treo is
> > worthless to me as far as web browsing goes.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Paul

TRENDING THREADS