Allied General: How to run under Win XP?

I've been going through a box of old CDs and found Allied General -
which says it can only run on a 256 color display. My Athlon 3.2/64
will only run in 16 bit and 32 bit mode.

Am I out of luck or is there some way I can play this old classic?
1 answer Last reply
More about allied general
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    In article <rsa011p4jhbap0nf6i22cgmd22j5ab8tdk@4ax.com>, lcraver@home.ca
    says...
    > I've been going through a box of old CDs and found Allied General -
    > which says it can only run on a 256 color display. My Athlon 3.2/64
    > will only run in 16 bit and 32 bit mode.
    >
    > Am I out of luck or is there some way I can play this old classic?

    I need to find my copied and dust them off. What great games. Such a
    shame this franchise died.

    Vamp

PC gaming Windows XP Video Games