Patriarch

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2003
Hello, im about to get a A7N8X Deluxe mobo, and I dont know which memory to buy... I thinking about 2 DDR 512 Mb PC2700 (333) Samsung or one DDR 512MB 2x256MB PC2700LLPT TWINX512-2700LL CORSAIR.
Since I want to them to work in Dual-Channel, would the Samsung work this way?
Any other suggestions (the price matters) ?

LumberJack

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
Both ram types you suggested will work.. Corsair is much higher quality than samsung... I would go for that...

To err is human... to really screw things up you need a computer!

nYak

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2003
Corsairs "hand selected ram" are hand selected samsung sticks with a corsair heat spreader slapped on them, that being said those are modules that samsung obviously can't sell as their own, some people have got lucky and have scored themselves and cheap stick of xms by getting the right batch/chip/pcb models that corsair didn't pick out.
The samung will work fine in dual channel.
But like mentioned before, do you really need that much ram?
The prices might even out at the same overall (the samsung solution might be cheaper) and the perfomance between the two would be minimal ( you might find the corsair would be a little better due to much lower default latency ).
But for overall quality and a lifetime warranty and pre tested to work with dual channel the corsair ram would be the way to go if you can afford it.