    From: "cr" <cr_resources@yahoo.com>
    Newsgroups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs
    Sent: Saturday, October 23, 2004 18:49
    Subject: Retention

    > I have the $40 dollar plan with 500 minutes.
    > I am currently off contract .
    > Cingular has contacted me offering 1000 anytime minutes for 39.99.
    > I called Sprint today and said cancel at the prompt and I think I got
    > the retention dept .
    > I'm not sure there is one anymore after my phone conversation with
    > them The CSRep wouldn't offer me a thing to try and keep me.
    > and I have been with Sprint for 5 years .
    > They have always offered me some sort of incentive to keep me
    > renewing my contract before

    Unless you've had payment problemns in the past, this doesn't ring true.

    Dial *2, say "I want to cancel", and when you get to the
    Cancellation/Retention rep tell them that Cingular called you and offered
    you X, and you're thinking about switching but you're not sure, and what
    kind of contract plans do they have that are similar? The rep will go
    through the contract plans they have available, and you can choose one, if
    that's what you want to do.

    Kevin M.
    "Know your enemy, and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
    you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
    "Contentment... Complacency... Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier

    cr wrote:

    > I have the $40 dollar plan with 500 minutes.
    > I am currently off contract .
    > Cingular has contacted me offering 1000 anytime minutes for 39.99.
    > I called Sprint today and said cancel at the prompt and I think I got the
    > retention dept .
    > I'm not sure there is one anymore after my phone conversation with them
    > The CSRep wouldn't offer me a thing to try and keep me.
    > and I have been with Sprint for 5 years .
    > They have always offered me some sort of incentive to keep me renewing my
    > contract before
    >

    > I honestly think they are not competitive any more with the other cell
    > providers.

    I have been with Sprint PCS for 6 years. Had 2 lines/phones on one
    account for about $84.00 month...500 minutes..1500 N&W..voice command, etc.

    I called about 3 weeks ago, explained everything and within minutes, I
    got an offer I couldn't refuse..to include 2 VI5225
    phones..8pm..unlimited N&W..750 anytime minutes....PCS-PCS..voice
    command and pretty much all I will ever need. I don't consider the phone
    as a web access or camera for my needs.
    The price for all the above....$40.00 month..2 year contract.
    The support gal was so super efficient that she insisted I go to a local
    Sprint store and try the phones to be sure, and because there was no way
    to access her back directly, she gave me her internal e-mail address,
    because, as she correctly assumed, the person who answered on my next
    call, even though the notes were on the account, wouldn't know what she
    had set up.
    I called back, sure enough the guy didn't know what I was talking about,
    but did e-mail the gal, who called me back the next day and set it up.
    I'm told that they don't work on commission...

    good luck....

    burris

    >I have the $40 dollar plan with 500 minutes.

    You could do better. Came off an old retention deal of 650 at with n/w for
    $35 this past spring to a new retention deal of 1000 anytime with unlimited
    n/w at 8pm.

    > I am currently off contract .
    > Cingular has contacted me offering 1000 anytime minutes for 39.99.

    Check before you leap on this one.. It'll be fine if you primarily use only
    peak, because If I am not mistaking this cingular plan does not include
    nights and weekend, just a flat 1000 at minutes..

    So your telling me you have 2 phones on your account for 40 bucks
    No way!

    "burris" <responder@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > cr wrote:
    >
    >> I have the $40 dollar plan with 500 minutes.
    >> I am currently off contract .
    >> Cingular has contacted me offering 1000 anytime minutes for 39.99.
    >> I called Sprint today and said cancel at the prompt and I think I got the
    >> retention dept .
    >> I'm not sure there is one anymore after my phone conversation with them
    >> The CSRep wouldn't offer me a thing to try and keep me.
    >> and I have been with Sprint for 5 years .
    >> They have always offered me some sort of incentive to keep me renewing my
    >> contract before
    >>

    >> I honestly think they are not competitive any more with the other cell
    >> providers.
    >>

    > I have been with Sprint PCS for 6 years. Had 2 lines/phones on one
    > account for about $84.00 month...500 minutes..1500 N&W..voice command,
    > etc.
    >
    > I called about 3 weeks ago, explained everything and within minutes, I
    > got an offer I couldn't refuse..to include 2 VI5225
    > phones..8pm..unlimited N&W..750 anytime minutes....PCS-PCS..voice
    > command and pretty much all I will ever need. I don't consider the phone
    > as a web access or camera for my needs.
    > The price for all the above....$40.00 month..2 year contract.
    > The support gal was so super efficient that she insisted I go to a local
    > Sprint store and try the phones to be sure, and because there was no way
    > to access her back directly, she gave me her internal e-mail address,
    > because, as she correctly assumed, the person who answered on my next
    > call, even though the notes were on the account, wouldn't know what she
    > had set up.
    > I called back, sure enough the guy didn't know what I was talking about,
    > but did e-mail the gal, who called me back the next day and set it up.
    > I'm told that they don't work on commission...
    >

    > good luck....
    >
    > burris

    Sprint definitely cares about retaining customers, but you probably got
    a rep who for one reason or another didn't care enough in that moment.
    I would definitely give them another call and ask them to earn your
    business. Some customers get upset when you question their actions and
    some express actions to solicit a response. I would just call and tell
    the representative that they need to earn your business if you prefer
    to be with Sprint.

    800-877-4020 Customer Service
    800-931-2609 New and Existing Business

    --
    itzup2me
    http://cellphoneforums.net

    "burris" <responder@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:SNQed.40020$mn5.8864@bignews5.bellsouth.net...
    > I called about 3 weeks ago, explained everything and within minutes, I
    > got an offer I couldn't refuse..to include 2 VI5225
    > phones..8pm..unlimited N&W..750 anytime minutes....PCS-PCS..voice
    > command and pretty much all I will ever need. I don't consider the phone
    > as a web access or camera for my needs.
    > The price for all the above....$40.00 month..2 year contract.

    I think you're leaving some detail off, like the $20 extra for the
    add-a-phone. I got a similar deal about 10 months ago, but with
    the add-a-phone charge the total comes to $60 per month.

    --
    John Richards

Sprint PCS Internet Service Providers Product