Better reception: Sanyo 8200 or Samsung A680?

I live in a building where the reception is tempermental.

Which of these two is better in your experience?

I hear people say "Sanyos are better!", but I've also heard that their
signal strength bars are just inflated. Anybody have experience with both
these phones?

Mike Thomas wrote:
> I live in a building where the reception is tempermental.
>
> Which of these two is better in your experience?
>
> I hear people say "Sanyos are better!", but I've also heard that
their
> signal strength bars are just inflated. Anybody have experience with
both
> these phones?
>

> --

Not sure which one is better but Sanyo stopped with the inflated signal
meters after the 8100. The newer ones such as the 4920, 8200, and 7300
have the more traditional standard of showing signal strength.

Mike Thomas wrote:

> I live in a building where the reception is tempermental.
>
> Which of these two is better in your experience?
>
> I hear people say "Sanyos are better!", but I've also heard that their
> signal strength bars are just inflated. Anybody have experience with both
> these phones?
>

> --

I've used both extensively and the signal quality of one is comparable to
the other. Neither were particularly good, but one wasn't better than the
other. The A680 did sound better, thanks to having a better earpiece than
the Sanyo 8200 I'm using now.

The 8200's data capabilities prompted the switch. I miss that little A680. I
just wish it had a decent browser....

Steve

Steve Crow <scrow_antispam_@stevecrow.net> wrote in message news:<nUXkd.136$fc.121@trnddc08>...
> Mike Thomas wrote:
>
> > I live in a building where the reception is tempermental.
> >
> > Which of these two is better in your experience?
> >
> > I hear people say "Sanyos are better!", but I've also heard that their
> > signal strength bars are just inflated. Anybody have experience with both
> > these phones?
> >

> > --
>
> I've used both extensively and the signal quality of one is comparable to
> the other. Neither were particularly good, but one wasn't better than the
> other. The A680 did sound better, thanks to having a better earpiece than
> the Sanyo 8200 I'm using now.
>
> The 8200's data capabilities prompted the switch. I miss that little A680. I
> just wish it had a decent browser....
>
> Steve

The A680 has a number of little problems that I've discovered but the
worst one is the web browser. Certain web sites won't work on it as
well as certain free download web sites. I did not have these
problems on my old A500.

Larry Thomas wrote:

> The A680 has a number of little problems that I've discovered but the
> worst one is the web browser. Certain web sites won't work on it as
> well as certain free download web sites. I did not have these
> problems on my old A500.

That's one reason I was particularly excited about the MM-A700, which turned
out to be a dud. I've got my fingers crossed that one of the new Sanyos
will not only have a decent web browser, but a decent earpiece and RF
performance, too. I'm generally satisfied with the 8200, but surely there's
something better right around the corner...

Steve Crow <scrow@stevecrow.net> wrote in message news:<ITeld.313$m36.253@trnddc02>...
> Larry Thomas wrote:
>
> > The A680 has a number of little problems that I've discovered but the
> > worst one is the web browser. Certain web sites won't work on it as
> > well as certain free download web sites. I did not have these
> > problems on my old A500.
>
> That's one reason I was particularly excited about the MM-A700, which turned
> out to be a dud. I've got my fingers crossed that one of the new Sanyos
> will not only have a decent web browser, but a decent earpiece and RF
> performance, too. I'm generally satisfied with the 8200, but surely there's
> something better right around the corner...

Let's hope the 7400 has a better earpiece than the 8200 & 7300. You
would think that Sanyo would realize they need to improve on this by
now.

Larry Thomas wrote:

> Let's hope the 7400 has a better earpiece than the 8200 & 7300. You
> would think that Sanyo would realize they need to improve on this by
> now.

I should have some in stock toward the end of this week or early next week,
and will certainly report back on my findings!

> surely there's something better right around the corner...

Yup...anytime now! Looked at upgrading my phone almost two months ago
and rep said to hold off for a month or two.