age of mythology question

Last response: in Video Games
February 21, 2005 2:28:25 AM

AOM will not run unless the user signed in under XP has administrator
privileges. How can change it to run under a normal user login?

Thanks,

Glenn

More about : age mythology question

Anonymous
February 22, 2005 12:30:37 AM

On 20 Feb 2005 23:28:25 -0800, gdi1_00@yahoo.com wrote:

>AOM will not run unless the user signed in under XP has administrator
>privileges. How can change it to run under a normal user login?

First thing I'd try is to give Everyone full control over the directory AoM
is installed in. (Well, not true full control, but enough to do anything.)

Next is to try using the Microsoft Compatability Administrator tool, and
enable the "ForceAdminAccess" shim - which says privilages are available
when they really aren't.

If neither of these work, then I'd suspect that Admin priviliges are needed
because of the CD-Check: Solution is to use a NO-CD crack.
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 6:01:01 AM

Raymond Martineau wrote:
> On 20 Feb 2005 23:28:25 -0800, gdi1_00@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> >AOM will not run unless the user signed in under XP has
administrator
> >privileges. How can change it to run under a normal user login?
> >

> First thing I'd try is to give Everyone full control over the
directory AoM
> is installed in. (Well, not true full control, but enough to do
anything.)

> Next is to try using the Microsoft Compatability Administrator tool,
and
> enable the "ForceAdminAccess" shim - which says privilages are
available
> when they really aren't.
>
> If neither of these work, then I'd suspect that Admin priviliges are
needed
> because of the CD-Check: Solution is to use a NO-CD crack.

Thank you. I am not sure how to do everything you said, but I'll
research it out.

I tried using the runas utility. I figured out the syntax to use it to
run notepad.exe, but couldn't get it to work with aom.

Glenn
!