age of mythology question

AOM will not run unless the user signed in under XP has administrator
privileges. How can change it to run under a normal user login?

Thanks,

Glenn
2 answers Last reply
More about mythology question
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    On 20 Feb 2005 23:28:25 -0800, gdi1_00@yahoo.com wrote:

    >AOM will not run unless the user signed in under XP has administrator
    >privileges. How can change it to run under a normal user login?

    First thing I'd try is to give Everyone full control over the directory AoM
    is installed in. (Well, not true full control, but enough to do anything.)

    Next is to try using the Microsoft Compatability Administrator tool, and
    enable the "ForceAdminAccess" shim - which says privilages are available
    when they really aren't.

    If neither of these work, then I'd suspect that Admin priviliges are needed
    because of the CD-Check: Solution is to use a NO-CD crack.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Raymond Martineau wrote:
    > On 20 Feb 2005 23:28:25 -0800, gdi1_00@yahoo.com wrote:
    >
    > >AOM will not run unless the user signed in under XP has
    administrator
    > >privileges. How can change it to run under a normal user login?
    > >

    > First thing I'd try is to give Everyone full control over the
    directory AoM
    > is installed in. (Well, not true full control, but enough to do
    anything.)

    > Next is to try using the Microsoft Compatability Administrator tool,
    and
    > enable the "ForceAdminAccess" shim - which says privilages are
    available
    > when they really aren't.
    >
    > If neither of these work, then I'd suspect that Admin priviliges are
    needed
    > because of the CD-Check: Solution is to use a NO-CD crack.

    Thank you. I am not sure how to do everything you said, but I'll
    research it out.

    I tried using the runas utility. I figured out the syntax to use it to
    run notepad.exe, but couldn't get it to work with aom.

    Glenn

PC gaming Games Windows XP Video Games