smartphone

What is the best smartphone in people's opinion that sprint carries? Or is
it best to start looking at other carriers that offer more reasonable prices
and devices?

Capt.

Capn wrote:
> What is the best smartphone in people's opinion that sprint carries? Or is
> it best to start looking at other carriers that offer more reasonable prices
> and devices?

"best" and "cheap" don't go together. Other carriers' smartphone prices are
similar to Sprint's, anyhow.

ok, but suggestions on which ones sprint has that are not just all hype?

sjsobol@JustThe.net

Capn wrote:
> ok, but suggestions on which ones sprint has that are not just all hype?

My mother-in-law likes her Treo 600. The other one Sprint has that I am aware
of is the Samsung SPH-i600. (at least I think that's the model number!)

Don't know anyone who ones one, unfortunately.

In article <10o0k4apaj27o38@corp.supernews.com>, capn@charter.net
says...
> What is the best smartphone in people's opinion that sprint carries? Or is
> it best to start looking at other carriers that offer more reasonable prices
> and devices?
>

> Capt.

I really like the two about to be released. The Treo 650. And the PPC-
6601/6600. Both have non-camera versions due out in early November via
special business channels only. In December, the more generally
available versions *with* camera will be available. I don't care much
about the cameras. But PDA's with BT... And the Treo600 so well
received overall, or the 128MB of installed memory on the PPC.

I like them both. If only I had the money.

--
RØß
O/Siris

Ditto, I like the Treo 650 and the PPC6600, both due out soon. If we are
talking about available now, then the Treo 600 if you want a thumbpad, or
the i500/i600 if you want very small (Palm and Windows respectively).

"O/Siris" <0siris@sprîntpcs.côm> wrote in message
In article <10o0k4apaj27o38@corp.supernews.com>, capn@charter.net
says...
> What is the best smartphone in people's opinion that sprint carries? Or is
> it best to start looking at other carriers that offer more reasonable
> prices
> and devices?
>

> Capt.

I really like the two about to be released. The Treo 650. And the PPC-
6601/6600. Both have non-camera versions due out in early November via
special business channels only. In December, the more generally
available versions *with* camera will be available. I don't care much
about the cameras. But PDA's with BT... And the Treo600 so well
received overall, or the 128MB of installed memory on the PPC.

I like them both. If only I had the money.

--
RØß
O/Siris
~+~
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be.
Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
but moderation in principle is always a vice.
Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792

why are most lacking analog ability though?

"Homeofmike" <news@homeofmike.com> wrote in message
> Ditto, I like the Treo 650 and the PPC6600, both due out soon. If we are
> talking about available now, then the Treo 600 if you want a thumbpad, or
> the i500/i600 if you want very small (Palm and Windows respectively).
>
> "O/Siris" <0siris@sprîntpcs.côm> wrote in message
> In article <10o0k4apaj27o38@corp.supernews.com>, capn@charter.net
> says...
> > What is the best smartphone in people's opinion that sprint carries? Or
is
> > it best to start looking at other carriers that offer more reasonable
> > prices
> > and devices?
> >

> > Capt.
> >

> I really like the two about to be released. The Treo 650. And the PPC-
> 6601/6600. Both have non-camera versions due out in early November via
> special business channels only. In December, the more generally
> available versions *with* camera will be available. I don't care much
> about the cameras. But PDA's with BT... And the Treo600 so well
> received overall, or the 128MB of installed memory on the PPC.
>
> I like them both. If only I had the money.
>
> --
> RØß
> O/Siris
> ~+~
> A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be.
> Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
> but moderation in principle is always a vice.
> Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792

In article <Xt7gd.330787$D%.210489@attbi_s51>, news@homeofmike.com
says...
> Ditto, I like the Treo 650 and the PPC6600, both due out soon. If we are
> talking about available now, then the Treo 600 if you want a thumbpad, or
> the i500/i600 if you want very small (Palm and Windows respectively).

Oh yeah, I forgot about the i600. I've made the conscious decision
*not* to call Windows Smartphone phones PDA's, because the software
doesn't aim to be a "full" PDA system. I prefer to think of them as
"phones plus". More than a phone, and able to install PDA software to
them, but not quite as "enabled" as a "real" PDA.

--
RØß
O/Siris
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be.
Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
but moderation in principle is always a vice.
Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792

In article <10o2kn4q4c7k8c6@corp.supernews.com>, capn@charter.net
says...
> why are most lacking analog ability though?

Not enough of a radio engineer to know for sure. I suspect it's
something along the lines of "something's got to give if we put all this
stuff in a package like that".

--
RØß
O/Siris
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be.
Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
but moderation in principle is always a vice.
Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792

My guess, too much power drain on the tiny batteries

"Capn" <capn@charter.net> wrote in message
> why are most lacking analog ability though?
>
> "Homeofmike" <news@homeofmike.com> wrote in message
>> Ditto, I like the Treo 650 and the PPC6600, both due out soon. If we are
>> talking about available now, then the Treo 600 if you want a thumbpad, or
>> the i500/i600 if you want very small (Palm and Windows respectively).
>>
>> "O/Siris" <0siris@sprîntpcs.côm> wrote in message
>> In article <10o0k4apaj27o38@corp.supernews.com>, capn@charter.net
>> says...
>> > What is the best smartphone in people's opinion that sprint carries? Or
> is
>> > it best to start looking at other carriers that offer more reasonable
>> > prices
>> > and devices?
>> >

>> > Capt.
>> >

>> I really like the two about to be released. The Treo 650. And the PPC-
>> 6601/6600. Both have non-camera versions due out in early November via
>> special business channels only. In December, the more generally
>> available versions *with* camera will be available. I don't care much
>> about the cameras. But PDA's with BT... And the Treo600 so well
>> received overall, or the 128MB of installed memory on the PPC.
>>
>> I like them both. If only I had the money.
>>
>> --
>> RØß
>> O/Siris
>> ~+~
>> A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be.
>> Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
>> but moderation in principle is always a vice.
>> Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792

Perhaps because one of the main uses of the phone is for data, and data
is not accessible on an analogue network.