Tower information

Last response: in Network Providers
October 28, 2004 1:18:28 PM

I just found this link for Sprint Pcs Towers and I thought it was pretty
cool. If you want to check out the link...here you go.

http://tinyurl.com/64hql

--
itzup2me
http://cellphoneforums.net

More about : tower information

Anonymous
October 28, 2004 2:40:46 PM

Hey Bob,

thanks for the update...the next time I'll probably skip adding an Icon
in the hyperlink.

Quote of the Day

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift
That's why it is called the present

Author ~ Unknown

--
itzup2me
http://cellphoneforums.net

Just want to add that Sprint finally updated the tower maps a couple of
weeks ago after no updates for almost a year. So they're more accurate
now than before.
October 28, 2004 7:05:14 PM

"itzup2me" <itzup2me.1euc1w@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> I just found this link for Sprint Pcs Towers and I thought it was pretty
> cool. If you want to check out the link...here you go.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/64hql
>

> --
> itzup2me

Bad Link - Here's the correct one -
http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/coverage/towermaps.ht...

Bob::wondering why "boink" was on the end of that URL?::
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 10:56:08 PM

I won't be satisfied until they add two more sites on Hwy 395 between
Adelanto and Hwy 58. I hear it's coming soon. I also hear they have a
tower going up in Ridgecrest right now.
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 11:01:33 PM

larryt510@hotmail.com wrote:
> I won't be satisfied until they add two more sites on Hwy 395 between
> Adelanto and Hwy 58. I hear it's coming soon. I also hear they have a
> tower going up in Ridgecrest right now.

If they add one near the police station or city hall, it'll cover my problem :)
but that's not between Adelanto and 58, it's in Adelanto.

October 29, 2004 12:13:52 AM

<larryt510@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Just want to add that Sprint finally updated the tower maps a couple of
> weeks ago after no updates for almost a year. So they're more accurate
> now than before.

Speaking of tower maps, I had a link to another web site, that one could
locate all the towers for all the providers that I was going to add to my
prior post. It's no longer in my favorites. I seem to recall it had
"berkina" or something like that within the url, but then again, that could
be wrong.

Anyone have that other link?

Thanks, Bob
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 12:27:11 AM

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> <larryt510@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Just want to add that Sprint finally updated the tower maps a couple of
> > weeks ago after no updates for almost a year. So they're more accurate
> > now than before.
>
> Speaking of tower maps, I had a link to another web site, that one could
> locate all the towers for all the providers that I was going to add to my
> prior post. It's no longer in my favorites. I seem to recall it had
> "berkina" or something like that within the url, but then again, that
could
> be wrong.
>
> Anyone have that other link?
>
> Thanks, Bob

Ahhhh, nevermind :)  I found it on the web -
http://www.berkana.com/tower.php3

Bob
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 12:27:12 AM

Bob Smith wrote:

> Ahhhh, nevermind :)  I found it on the web -
> http://www.berkana.com/tower.php3

Amazing. Sprint actually has a tower in the northeast corner of Apple Valley
where there are maybe a dozen homes and nothing else. (I'm not kidding.)

No wonder I have such good reception at my house, only a couple miles closer
into town than that tower location.

Now they just need to fix Victorville up by Air Expressway and life will be
perfect. :>

October 29, 2004 2:08:05 PM

Thanks for the Fcc tower information...that's pretty cool and I can see
it helping other people trying to decide between Sprint and the other
carrier's.:rock:

--
itzup2me
http://cellphoneforums.net

Not only that but in some markets carriers use other methods of
coverage besides towers such as microcells, cable boxes, and rooftop
and building mounted antennas which would not require FCC registration
and thus would not be found on berkana.com. In addition towers of less
than 200 ft above sea level are not found on there either as
registration is not required. Doing some other research I also
discovered that PCS 1900 Mhz towers are not always required to be FCC
registered either (no matter what their height is). So using
berkana.com is not a very accurate way to find coverage.
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 7:30:08 PM

"itzup2me" <itzup2me.1ew8t3@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> Thanks for the Fcc tower information...that's pretty cool and I can see
> it helping other people trying to decide between Sprint and the other
> carrier's.:rock:

One word of advice here, is that you can't judge coverage from Berkana.com's
web site, by trying to find specific cellular provider owned towers, by
doing a search via the carrier.

In the majority of cases, towers are owned by a third party, who leases
tower space from 1 up to 4 different wireless carriers, city or state
governments.

Bob
Anonymous
October 30, 2004 10:22:29 AM

Use it to look up Verizon towers and it only finds 56 in the entire state of
California. Somehow I doubt its accuracy! Thanks for explaining why the
results were so sparse.

Gregg Hill

> Not only that but in some markets carriers use other methods of
> coverage besides towers such as microcells, cable boxes, and rooftop
> and building mounted antennas which would not require FCC registration
> and thus would not be found on berkana.com. In addition towers of less
> than 200 ft above sea level are not found on there either as
> registration is not required. Doing some other research I also
> discovered that PCS 1900 Mhz towers are not always required to be FCC
> registered either (no matter what their height is). So using
> berkana.com is not a very accurate way to find coverage.

Anonymous
October 30, 2004 2:12:24 PM

Gregg Hill wrote:
> Use it to look up Verizon towers and it only finds 56 in the entire state of
> California. Somehow I doubt its accuracy! Thanks for explaining why the
> results were so sparse.

There are an awful lot of VZW towers that aren't owned by VZW and therefore
won't show up as VZW towers. Same for most other carriers.

October 30, 2004 2:57:00 PM

Bob Smith wrote:
> "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > Use it to look up Verizon towers and it only finds 56 in the entire
state
> of
> > California. Somehow I doubt its accuracy! Thanks for explaining why
the
> > results were so sparse.
> >
> > Gregg Hill
>
> Oh, it's an accurate database. It just shows who owns the towers, not
whose
> antennas are on the towers.
>
> Bob

Problem is it doesn't even come close to listing every cell tower that
exists (no matter who owns it). I know of many towers here in So. Cal
that are not registered with the FCC.
Anonymous
October 30, 2004 3:30:00 PM

"Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Use it to look up Verizon towers and it only finds 56 in the entire state
of
> California. Somehow I doubt its accuracy! Thanks for explaining why the
> results were so sparse.
>
> Gregg Hill

Oh, it's an accurate database. It just shows who owns the towers, not whose
antennas are on the towers.

Bob
Anonymous
October 30, 2004 8:55:33 PM