Panasonic - worlds worst quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamarno

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2001
Very shoddy refurbished products -- cosmetic and electrical flaws, including some related to electrical shock prevention (ground wires left unconnected, grounding shield left off). Uninformed, technically illiterate tech support people, unqualified administrative bureaucrats who don't care about electrical shock. Panasonic has lost the great reputation it once had for quality products and service.

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Their electronics generally tend to be quite good. However, I haven't had much experience with their computer products lines, so I can't really comment on that. Thanks for the heads up.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/canada/about.php?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/canada/about.php?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

jamarno

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2001
I used to think highly of Panasonic, but I knew that something was seriously wrong with them when I called their computer monitor tech support about a color convergence problem and their "technician" replied, "I don't know what convergence are" (sic). Later, when a replacement monitor developed a spot killer problem, another "technician" of theirs assured me that no monitor or TV ever made had contained a spot killer circuit. And on an occasion I don't remember, I asked about the pinout of the monitor's data port, used for making internal adjustments (in lieu of a screwdriver). The "technician" didn't have a clue but made up an answer anyway and said that pin 3 of the video connector was used for data. I pointed out that pin 3 was for the blue video, which made it hard to send or receive data over this line. Panasonic's reputation was further enhanced when I received a refurbished monitor that turned out to have been dropped before being put into the shipping box.

I've gotten much better service from Panasonic's parts division (they laughed when I told them about a Panasonic monitor "technician" who didn't know what a transistor was) and their broadcast video division (Panasonic customer service told me to call them, not the computer peripherals division, and swore that it was the right dept., which it wasn't).

Rubberbband

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2001
I have a Panasonic:Microwave, TV, VCR and Car Stereo. I can't really comment on their support because I've never needed it. All of the above work perfectly so they've earned my loyalty. Kinda disapointing to find out that if a problem does occur I can expect them to be clueless.

The Men Behind the GUNS!

<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=327" target="_new"><b>MY SYSTEM</b></A>

jamarno

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2001
Panasonic could have solved this fiasco by just sending me a missing component, but instead they want to spend about 5 times more in shipping to have their engineers in New Jersey to look at the monitor, and since Panasonic banged it up good the last two times, I'm reluctant to give them a third chance at monitor demolition.

My guess is that Panasonic has already spent at least $200 in shipping costs on this $190 monitor and is willing to spend another $80 and still not get the job done right.

I have to thank Panasonic employees James Callahan, Herman Gopaul, Sal LaSpata, Todd, and Patrick Sullivan for wasting Panasonic's time and money on this and proving that Japanese companies can be just as bad as others.

G

I no longer trust panasonic.
I purchased a camcorder SDR-H80 from them in 2009 for $554 expecting it to be good, but oh no the quality is terrible, you can't properly distinguish between the objects in the background.
I phoned them and them were not at all helpful. Talking in a flat and restless tone, making should feel uncomforatble because they are trying to get you of the phone without helping at all.
I also called about my brand new airconditioner but the service operator didn't know anything about it, he spent over 10 minutes getting advice from others, so when he came back he answered my question in such an unproffessionl way, it seemed he still didn't know what he was talking about.
I no longer like or trust panasonic, HP on the ohter hand are totally awesome, the spend alot of time with you on the phone, helping you bit by bit, repeating things over and over again, taking you through step by step and even calling back multiple times to see if the problem has been solved.
BOO PANASONIC

GunBladeType-T

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010

Panasonic Plasma's Are top of the line I have done Demo Rep with actionlink for them. What Model Did you buy? and What store did you buy it from?. Referbished products come with a warranty or open box of 3months to 1 year depending if its online or retail store. There LCD's look pretty good in quality too.

Status
Not open for further replies.