Age/Mythology/Gold: can't advance to 3rd Age

Just bought AoM/G, Playing on Random map, When I try to
Advance to the 3rd age it tells my I have to build an
Armory first...

I have 3 armories now (cant produce any units from them
though)
I have at least one of every building 2nd age offers.
I have enough resources.

I have 'updated Titans' from the menu - it says my copy is
uptodate *(but its ver 1.03?!?)*

I have tried running the manual patch....

Please help!

What do you mean by "tried" running the patch? Did it install and did you
reboot after it successfully installed?

Geoffrey Cohen
Microsoft® MVP - PC Games
Consumer Products Group