Can the Samsung A700 be used as a modem?

According to Phonescoop, the A700 is not "data-capable", but I suspect it
can in fact be used as a modem. Can anyone verify?

Thanks...

"N2" <n2@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> According to Phonescoop, the A700 is not "data-capable", but I suspect it
> can in fact be used as a modem. Can anyone verify?
>
> Thanks...

Depending on which A700 you are referring to, per the site I'm looking at,
it is data capable. http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=532 &
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=537

On SPCS's site - http://tinyurl.com/4mhr4 , it's a Vision phone.

Basically, all Vision capable phones are data capable, if there are drivers
& USB cables are available.

Bob

Yes, it is true that the Samsung MM -A700 can be used as a modem. (I am
actually using it to be online right now) To do this go to
'www.futuredial.com' (http://www.futuredial.com) , purcase the cable
that is for the Samsung A310, A530, A600-A690.... and more (it never
spcifically mentions the A700 but the cable works great) . It is
about $30 (totally worth it) Download the Samsung driver software from
the same website. Install and plug the phone in. If it doesn't
automatically load the phone number it is "#777". I did a speed test
using bandwidthplace.com and the download speed was 635 Kbps,
downloading a 1 Mb file in 13.5 seconds. not too bad. :)

--
Fishguy161

Future Dial makes teh Snap Dialer software - SFN-SNPDIALRSAA700 - and
teh cable. Ad in accessorygeeks.com says it provides capability to
make your phome a modem

--
twt71