LOTR any good AI etc?

Is this game any good. I like to have a good RTS game with good AI and
variety in missions. Is the graphics processor hungry?
4 answers Last reply
More about lotr good
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    i am running a 1.6ghz P4, 512mb pc2100 and a 9800 pro and it works
    fine...sometimes its a lil slow but not during game play just initial
    start up. the game is ok but gets old after a while...i played it
    everyday 2 or 3 times a day when i got it, but now havent played in
    over a week. just got rise of nations so we will see how that goes
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    <camry@cnospamcanada.com> wrote in message
    > Is this game any good. I like to have a good RTS game with good AI and
    > variety in missions. Is the graphics processor hungry?

    The Battle For Middle-Earth? I think it's a pretty good game, but I know
    that a lot of people in this newsgroup would disagree. I have a 2.8GHz P4
    with 1GB RAM and a 128MB 9800 Pro and find that the game can run a *little*
    on the slow side in 1024x768 resolution in High detail (which is the
    second-highest detail setting), particularly when a lot of units are on the
    screen. I suspect a graphics card upgrade would do more good than a CPU
    upgrade in my instance, but I'm sitting pat on what I have.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    <camry@cnospamcanada.com> wrote in message
    > Is this game any good. I like to have a good RTS game with good
    > AI and
    > variety in missions. Is the graphics processor hungry?

    Yes the game is good. Also have a look at "Hearts of Iron 2", a
    more recent release, but MUCH more depth. All their advertisement
    is truthful.
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    In <v7h22155hdb945p992l2vogoslpaeh003n@4ax.com> camry@cnospamcanada.com writes:

    >Is this game any good. I like to have a good RTS game with good AI and
    >variety in missions. Is the graphics processor hungry?

    Game is ok with braindead AI. It's in the tradition of C&C Generals.

    --
    Henrik Schmidt Christian-Albrechts-Universitaet zu Kiel
    Institut fuer Informatik +49 (431) 880 75 - 50 Fax or 43 Phone

PC gaming Processors Games IBM Graphics Video Games