LOTR any good AI etc?

Last response: in Video Games
February 27, 2005 6:58:30 AM

Is this game any good. I like to have a good RTS game with good AI and
variety in missions. Is the graphics processor hungry?

More about : lotr good

Anonymous
February 27, 2005 6:58:31 AM

i am running a 1.6ghz P4, 512mb pc2100 and a 9800 pro and it works
fine...sometimes its a lil slow but not during game play just initial
start up. the game is ok but gets old after a while...i played it
everyday 2 or 3 times a day when i got it, but now havent played in
over a week. just got rise of nations so we will see how that goes
Anonymous
February 27, 2005 12:28:17 PM

<camry@cnospamcanada.com> wrote in message
> Is this game any good. I like to have a good RTS game with good AI and
> variety in missions. Is the graphics processor hungry?

The Battle For Middle-Earth? I think it's a pretty good game, but I know
that a lot of people in this newsgroup would disagree. I have a 2.8GHz P4
with 1GB RAM and a 128MB 9800 Pro and find that the game can run a *little*
on the slow side in 1024x768 resolution in High detail (which is the
second-highest detail setting), particularly when a lot of units are on the
screen. I suspect a graphics card upgrade would do more good than a CPU
upgrade in my instance, but I'm sitting pat on what I have.
Related resources
February 27, 2005 6:36:24 PM

<camry@cnospamcanada.com> wrote in message
> Is this game any good. I like to have a good RTS game with good
> AI and
> variety in missions. Is the graphics processor hungry?

Yes the game is good. Also have a look at "Hearts of Iron 2", a
more recent release, but MUCH more depth. All their advertisement
is truthful.
February 28, 2005 12:34:32 PM

In <v7h22155hdb945p992l2vogoslpaeh003n@4ax.com> camry@cnospamcanada.com writes:

>Is this game any good. I like to have a good RTS game with good AI and
>variety in missions. Is the graphics processor hungry?

Game is ok with braindead AI. It's in the tradition of C&C Generals.

--
Henrik Schmidt Christian-Albrechts-Universitaet zu Kiel
Institut fuer Informatik +49 (431) 880 75 - 50 Fax or 43 Phone