I need a PSU and a CPU Fan

guruguhan

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2003
Hello,

I need to buy a PSU and a CPU Fan. I am currently living in Taiwan, and have gone shopping for PSU's, as the case I'm going to buy (CoolerMaster ATC-710) doesn't come with one. I would like to get a 300Watt or 400Watt, as that is what has been recommended to me. When shopping for PSU's I saw the following brands:

iCute, Cannon, Seventeam, Topower, & Snake

I would like something that performs the job well, is stable, and is hopefully as quiet as possible.

I also need to buy a CPU fan for my computer. I will be getting an AMD XP 2200+. I don't plan on overclocking right away, but I would like to get a fan that was capable of cooling under those circumstances. Again, noise is an issue, I would like something that performs well, but is also quiet. When shopping for these, I could only find the following brands:

AOpen, IStorm, Zeson, T.C Star, Evercool, Cooljag, TaiSol, and CoolerMaster.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
you should look for online retailers, they will have more availability of parts... for the PSU, I highly recomend an Enermax or an Antec, and for the heatsink/fan I would go with with either a Thermalright SLK800 or an SLK900, a Swiftech MCX462 or an Alpha PAL8045... all of these heatsinks will allow you to put a low-speed, quiet fan (such as a panaflo or papst) and properly cool the athlon CPU

<b>people are only idiots when they don't realize - when they do it just gets funnier, like a dog chasing its own tail, or like george bush's public address(es)</b>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
I reccomend a enermax or antec PSU... 300W for a base system, 350W for a pro system and 400W or greater if you are going to overclock.
Dont get a cheap PSU. the quality and reliability of generic PSU's is very bad.

And if you want to cool without noise, the best bet is a BIG heatsink with a slow and quiet fan.
The best heatsinks around are:
Volcano 7+
SLK800/900
Spire Falconrock2 <- cheapest
MCX-462
Alpha PAL 8045
AX-7

All of these (except for the volcano 7+) take 80mm fans, so what you put ontop is up to you.
panaflo 2000rpm 80mm fans are nearsilent, or a Thermaltake Smartfan2 for a temp controlled fan is also a nice idea.

<b>Damn War! I'm too young to watch other people die!</b>
<A HREF="http://members.iinet.net.au/~lhgpoobaa/images" target="_new">My Images!</A>

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
Yo my fellow taiwanese!! where are u getting these parts from??? for power supply i think you should go ask someone in tw computer bbs because i doubt these people here can help you with it cause the brand are really never heard of..... and for Fan your best bet is coolermaster it is the most well known brand out of those companies