Empire Earth II: Yawn........

Well...I D/L EEII from Gamespot this morning. I would say it's a step
backwards IMHO. I simply don't like the layout or the feel of the game.
It just feels cheap & old. Unit's animations aren't fluid, sound is
cheesy & the grpahics look very dated.

It's the same old, create citizens, chop wood, mine iron, gold etc.
etc. I deleted off my HD with a couple haours worth of play time.

Anyone else give the demo a try? Any thoughts?

Alex

"AMooreonline@juno.com" <AMooreonline@juno.com> once tried to test me with:

> Well...I D/L EEII from Gamespot this morning. I would say it's a step
> backwards IMHO. I simply don't like the layout or the feel of the game.
> It just feels cheap & old. Unit's animations aren't fluid, sound is
> cheesy & the grpahics look very dated.
>
> It's the same old, create citizens, chop wood, mine iron, gold etc.
> etc. I deleted off my HD with a couple haours worth of play time.
>
> Anyone else give the demo a try? Any thoughts?

I didn't like EE1. Not even going to bother with the demo on this one.

--

Knight37

"Knight37" <knight37m@email.com> wrote in message
> "AMooreonline@juno.com" <AMooreonline@juno.com> once tried to test me
> with:
>
>> Well...I D/L EEII from Gamespot this morning. I would say it's a step
>> backwards IMHO. I simply don't like the layout or the feel of the game.
>> It just feels cheap & old. Unit's animations aren't fluid, sound is
>> cheesy & the grpahics look very dated.
>>
>> It's the same old, create citizens, chop wood, mine iron, gold etc.
>> etc. I deleted off my HD with a couple haours worth of play time.
>>
>> Anyone else give the demo a try? Any thoughts?
>
> I didn't like EE1. Not even going to bother with the demo on this one.

I guess that answers my question. (laugh)

Jonah Falcon

I guess that answers my question. (laugh)

Jonah Falcon

Jonah: This wasn't a review. You have high-speed internet
connection..right? D/L for yourself & see. It's a piece of garbage.
Wouldn't buy it in the bargain bins.

Alex

Alex,
Personally, I appreciate the opinions of others. There's a lot of games
out there. It's interesting to hear what others think. Thanks for the
input.
RILY

<AMooreonline@juno.com> wrote in message

> I guess that answers my question. (laugh)
>
> Jonah Falcon
>

> Jonah: This wasn't a review. You have high-speed internet
> connection..right? D/L for yourself & see. It's a piece of garbage.
> Wouldn't buy it in the bargain bins.

a) I wasn't a big fan of the first EE.
b) My CPU is in the shop, and the computer I'm currently using is an ancient
P3 600mhz that I use for writing and email, nothing more. Oh, and Civ III
and Diablo II in a LAN. hehe

nostromo

Thus spake "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com>, Tue, 01 Mar 2005
03:37:11 GMT, Anno Domini:

>"Knight37" <knight37m@email.com> wrote in message
>> "AMooreonline@juno.com" <AMooreonline@juno.com> once tried to test me
>> with:
>>
>>> Well...I D/L EEII from Gamespot this morning. I would say it's a step
>>> backwards IMHO. I simply don't like the layout or the feel of the game.
>>> It just feels cheap & old. Unit's animations aren't fluid, sound is
>>> cheesy & the grpahics look very dated.
>>>
>>> It's the same old, create citizens, chop wood, mine iron, gold etc.
>>> etc. I deleted off my HD with a couple haours worth of play time.
>>>
>>> Anyone else give the demo a try? Any thoughts?
>>
>> I didn't like EE1. Not even going to bother with the demo on this one.
>
>I guess that answers my question. (laugh)
>
>Jonah Falcon

Be nice, children.

Jonah: I wasn't a huge fan of EE1 either. I remember when EE1 was being
produced, I thought the idea was wonderful. Imagine starting off as a
caveman & working your way thru the epochs & creating different units
along the way. Only problem was, playing the game was a complete mess,
simply too much going on. Plus the computer AI @ medium cheated like
crazy.

I thought I D/L EE2 to see what's changed. Also, a new company took
over the title from Stainless Steel Studios. There are some fairly
creative ideas in EE2, but it's simply not executed well. Maybe it's a
good thing your rig is on the ancient side, because I'm sure you would
have deleted the game as I did.

Regards,

Alex